By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst Gaming Inventions & Innovations in Recent Years

NintendoPie said:
Damnyouall said:

They always loved money. That's why they invented region-locking back in the days of the NES. Until now they just weren't so greedy as to region-lock even their handheld systems. Or sell power supply units separately.

Selling those Power Units is a great idea to keep cost down!

This was an idea actually that was more like the opposite of them being money greedy.  They also were selling 3DS' at a loss after the price drop. 

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

This was an idea actually that was more like the opposite of them being money greedy.  They also were selling 3DS' at a loss after the price drop. 

I know. That's what I was saying to him! XD

Jay520 said:
IamAwsome said:
Condensing manuals down to nothing.

Most games today dont even need manuals. but i get your point

I was digging through an old crate filled with boxes of N64, GBC, and GBA games, and was amazed and astounded at how thick the manuals were. I remember i used to spend time reading them, which you couldn't even try to do today, especially since only 1/3rd of the manual is original content, and the rest is just multilingual copies.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MDMAlliance said:
Wagram said:
Motion Controls and 3D. I dislike all of it.

I see what you did there.  You pretty much said "I hate Wii and 3DS."

No I didn't.

I dislike the Wiimote, PS Move, Kinect, and 3D. Don't put words in my mouth. 3D on the 3DS can be turned off.

How can anyone not like 3D?
i dont understand, it just brings grafix to life!

Around the Network
Wagram said:
MDMAlliance said:
Wagram said:
Motion Controls and 3D. I dislike all of it.

I see what you did there.  You pretty much said "I hate Wii and 3DS."

No I didn't.

I dislike the Wiimote, PS Move, Kinect, and 3D. Don't put words in my mouth. 3D on the 3DS can be turned off.

It also just so happened to be the two most recent things Nintendo has released hardware wise, it seemed like more than a coincidence to me so I said "I see what you did there" as a joke.  Then I said that afterwords because it would definitely be taken that way when that's all of what your list comprises of.

NintendoPie said:
Damnyouall said:

They always loved money. That's why they invented region-locking back in the days of the NES. Until now they just weren't so greedy as to region-lock even their handheld systems. Or sell power supply units separately.

For whom? Do you actually believe this will lead to lower prices for us?
The amusement this thread provides is amazing! Corporate defenders go!

PS.
Did you really write this with a straight face?

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Damnyouall said:
NintendoPie said:
Damnyouall said:

PS.

And, PS Vita is worthless out of the box, because you have to buy a memory card separately, when 3DS comes with an SD card included.  So, what's your point?

wut? no hate for touchscreen gaming?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Mandalore76 said:
Damnyouall said:
NintendoPie said:
Damnyouall said:

PS.

And, PS Vita is worthless out of the box, because you have to buy a memory card separately, when 3DS comes with an SD card included.  So, what's your point?

Who said PS Vita is worthless?