By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB officially delayed till March 9th (NA)

souixan said:
Gotta love how Japans delay is like a week and Americas is almost a month..

Delays :

IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers,etc  ->  1 day

Japan                                            ->  1 week

America                                         ->  1 month

Europe                                          ->  1 year 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
CrashMan said:

Whipped this up quick

Picture: Awesome.
Delay: Not awesome.

The sequel is 28 weeks later

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Hey is it possible to make it poster size or desktop size?

Ok! That means Mario Kart is delayed too. They need spacing for their games. I'm looking at Wii Fit May release and Mario Kart August release

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

...and come March, we could see a delay until April - and so on. I guess I'll just forget about this game for now...

Around the Network

noooooooooo

while this is kind of off-topic, i think that nintendo is going to release updated firmware with this game. the purpose of this will be to try and disable those with modded consoles from playing this and to attempt to stop them from playing future releases. as with super mario galaxy, in a matter of a few days hacked firmwares will be released and those with modded consoles will be able to play this (though probably not online).

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Avinash_Tyagi said:
twesterm said:
CrashMan said:

Whipped this up quick

Picture: Awesome.
Delay: Not awesome.

The sequel is 28 weeks later

(see puns on first page)

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

*Reads website*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *melts*

I should have realized a 2-week delay between the Japan release and NA release was too soon to localize.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

@fkusumot

Sakurai may have creative control, but someone above him asked for a date to get the marketing and sales machine ready. I don't for one minute believe that release date estimate was something Sakurai was comfortable with. Good for him for pulling the plug on the release date. Shame shame on that sales-marketing team, they're the ones to blame for everyone's agony on having to wait more.