By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB officially delayed till March 9th (NA)

nooooooooooooooooooooooo. 

Around the Network

That's a nice photoshop.

I am sad
Sad I am :(

CrashMan said:

Whipped this up quick

Hah, great work...
I wonder when PAL is going to get it now.  June 28th anyone?

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

japan also got a delay,right?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

*** Checks calendars*** It's not april yet.
So...

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Noooooooooooooooo
noooooooooooo
noooooooooooo

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

@dschumm

I have to disagree with you on what causes delays. Partially what you said is true, but the biggest reason for delays is unrealistic expectations from management. First you have a greedy sales force and higher ups pushing for the earliest possible release date to keep consumers happy, they ask for an estimate from the engineering management team, chop off six months maybe even a year that would have been alotted for development and expect the developers to meet said timeframe. Then the engineering team realizes they can't acquire more resources because that would effect the inital budget so they're stuck nodding their heads to the higher ups. Though it looks like they communicated well with the higher ups about the product's current shoddiness and were given more time. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another time delay. 

Honestly I could care less when it gets released as long as it is released at some point.

In the mean time enjoy other things. 

zerosaurus said:

@dschumm

I have to disagree with you on what causes delays. Partially what you said is true, but the biggest reason for delays is unrealistic expectations from management. First you have a greedy sales force and higher ups pushing for the earliest possible release date to keep consumers happy, they ask for an estimate from the engineering management team, chop off six months maybe even a year that would have been alotted for development and expect the developers to meet said timeframe. Then the engineering team realizes they can't acquire more resources because that would effect the inital budget so they're stuck nodding their heads to the higher ups. Though it looks like they communicated well with the higher ups about the product's current shoddiness and were given more time. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another time delay.

Honestly I could care less when it gets released as long as it is released at some point.

In the mean time enjoy other things.

That analysis may work well for 90%+ of the games out there but I think SSBB is different. Sakurai does what Sakurai does and I don't think he signed up for anything less than full creative control.

Rugger08 said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the plus side my GPA this semester will be a little higher than I thought it would be.

Amen.

On the up side, I'll be able to finish some more games before I get sucked into the wonderful world of Smash Bros, not that I'm not disappointed. Oh well.

DarkNight_DS said:
There are no consoles to be had, they had to delay to not piss off any new potential buyers. Once they can stock pile a bit, they will release Brawl in North America. Not that big of a deal, there are so many great games on the Wii to play right now. An extra few weeks won't matter in the long run.

yeah it isnt to big of a deal,plus now with NMH coming out it should keep people busy and hopfully sell a little better

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"