By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC will be launch on June 26

Tagged games:

TeddostheFireKing said:
fillet said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
It's about time tbh :/

I hope I can use my game I already started too, if I have to start again it'll be awful >.>

Podcast says you will need a game save from BEFORE CERBERUS BASE.

I just listened to it then, but thanks :)

The Podcast did seem to make it out to believe the players were at fault for not interpreting the ending the way they saw it, which I thinks pretty poor of them as creators :/

Judging from what they were saying I don't think they'll remove the 'star child', which made no sense whatsoever to me and merely have more dialog options and some epilogue level you play (probably as someone else >.>). I hope I'm wrong :/

I'm not so sure it's going to be terrible, until I heard the podcast I was expecting some crappy few extra scenes with no real relevence. But they did clearly state that the extra scenes will reflect decisions you have made through the whole series. So although it sounds like it will be "just some extra scenes", it's no different to what I think most people expected as a minimum for an acceptable ending in the first place.

They said they were nearing the 2GB limit for Xbox Live downloads, you never know it could actually give a satisfying resolution. But yeah, they definately won't be chainging anything as I'm sure you are aware. I suppose this is the best they could do without changing any of the actual last 10 minutes of "gameplay", although I think the word "gameplay" and the last 10 mins of ME3 don't really belong in the same sentence.

Around the Network

Love how I am about to beat it in a day or two and then Bioware gifts me with this before I even have a chance to be really disappointed with the ending. Liking it so much I might even have to go back to 2 and be a rogue Shepard instead of a paragon. Of course, many of the rogue options would just make Shepard seem like an asshole. Good stuff.

chocoloco said:

Love how I am about to beat it in a day or two and then Bioware gifts me with this before I even have a chance to be really disappointed with the ending. Liking it so much I might even have to go back to 2 and be a rogue Shepard instead of a paragon. Of course, many of the rogue options would just make Shepard seem like an asshole. Good stuff.

I hate you!

Yay! Haven't touched ME3 for a couple of months, didn't seem much point completing my other 2 saves as i'd just get the same ending. But hopefully this will reinvigorate me to play it through again. All said and done it was an amazing game.

LinkVPit said:
Yay! Haven't touched ME3 for a couple of months, didn't seem much point completing my other 2 saves as i'd just get the same ending. But hopefully this will reinvigorate me to play it through again. All said and done it was an amazing game.

I hate you too!

Ahhhhh, I went through the whole trilogy from scratch and obviously experienced the fantastic ending in ME3 ;)

A hollow feeling of emptyness like that broken hearted feeling when a partner ditches you is all that I felt for a week or two.

Life goes on...

Now she tells me she's coming back!!!! But it's too late!....well maybe a quicky.

Around the Network
fillet said:
TeddostheFireKing said:
It's about time tbh :/

I hope I can use my game I already started too, if I have to start again it'll be awful >.>

Podcast says you will need a game save from BEFORE CERBERUS BASE.

Handy. Found after completing my game the once (had no incentive to have that ridiculous conversation with the Star Child again) the game automatically loaded to the point before I attacked the Cerberus Base. Makes things easy.

glad i didn't finished the last 2 missions then...

you can hate me too :p

Listening to that podcast doesn't give me all that much hope. The thing is that the ending wasn't just a little vague or unclear. It was fundamentally ****** and was far beyond a simple patch job. It doesn't seem like they went far enough to really save the project. That being said, I sincerely hope to be proven wrong.

Let's all look on the bright side:

-It's free
-It can't get any worse

So, I'm excited.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Let's all look on the bright side:

-It's free
-It can't get any worse

So, I'm excited.

Amen to that brother