By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC will be launch on June 26

Tagged games:

TeddostheFireKing said:
endimion said:
well does it really matter... i mean i understand... but still out of a trilogy if only 10 minutes really suck.... especially the last one... it is still a great game... if i was discarding every gamevfor 10 min of sucking... then no game would be good.... heck it's been 30 years we've been saving the princess in mario how fucked up is that????????

If you'd play the game from Mass Effect 1, gotten as attached to the characters as much as a lot of people here and have the ending be SO AWFUL (and it was!!!), you'd probably be quite angry too.

I can't see your game collection, so I can't tell if you've played any game of the series or not.

yeap day 1 buy my fav of this gen finished me2 in one weekend.... but haven't played the last 2 mission of the 3rd game.... what i'm saying is they could fuck it up and telling me it was all a dream and i'm in the matrix... i'd be pissed but it wouldn't change the fact that it is my fav trilogy of this gen and had a great time playing for hours at a time... like i said at that points they can't make it worst than all those jrpg where you can pretty much tell the entire story after you meet the 3rd character if you know a minimum about jap animation.... yet millions of people get wet like bitches in heat for them... when i have seen less than 10 good jrpg without the redondant cliches in the past 20 years... and yet i'll get lynched just for daring say that.... go figure...

Around the Network

I've played nothing but Femshep since 2007. I may start the entire series with ME1 as a male Shepard and save this DLC until I get to ME3's conclusion--if it's truly satisfying. I'll wait to see what people say about it. Then again, I was one of the few that liked ME3's ending the way it was. It left me in awe if nobody had told me that it was almost the same no matter what choices I made, I'd have had no problems with it whatsoever.

just beat 3. Great game, but it cannot match two in epicness. Other than a limited explanation of the fates of the main characters I hardly think it is a bad ending. More like an appropriate ending to war.

Still happy I get a got explanation and perhaps my Shepard had an Asari blue child with Liara. Lol.

So now that it's out, what does everyone think? I'm glad it answered a bunch of my lingering questions and in the end i'm still glad I chose the ending I did which was:

Synthesis. Reason:

I couldn't justify killing off all Synthetics as EDI, Legion, and all other AI would have been for naught. That would have made me just as bad as the Reapers. The control ending on the other hand might seem like a great option, but I don't believe Shepard should be granted the power of a supreme being like the catalyst. Organics and Synthetics must shape their own future, and not let a supreme being do it for them.

Shepard may technically be dead in the Synthesis ending but he definitely lives on through legend and in the hearts of all his living companions. Especially Tali. :(

Wagram said:

So now that it's out, what does everyone think? I'm glad it answered a bunch of my lingering questions and in the end i'm still glad I chose the ending I did which was:

Synthesis. Reason:

I couldn't justify killing off all Synthetics as EDI, Legion, and all other AI would have been for naught. That would have made me just as bad as the Reapers. The control ending on the other hand might seem like a great option, but I don't believe Shepard should be granted the power of a supreme being like the catalyst. Organics and Synthetics must shape their own future, and not let a supreme being do it for them.

Shepard may technically be dead in the Synthesis ending but he definitely lives on through legend and in the hearts of all his living companions. Especially Tali. :(

I think a good argument can be made for all the endings, now.

That feels really liberating to say.

Around the Network

Downloaded it yesterday. I'm not sure I want to see the ending now or if I want to wait until I replay the entire series as male Shepard.

You know what? Since they properly explained everything I can tolerate the ending now. I would be hard to undo the mess they have done before... but within these limitations, they did what they could and I'm satisfied with the result.

d21lewis said:
Downloaded it yesterday. I'm not sure I want to see the ending now or if I want to wait until I replay the entire series as male Shepard.

Give it a shot. It'll give you a big incentive to play the series over again.

It did me. I'm getting ready to start over from the first game.

before I do this im gonna replay mass effect 2 and 3

It depresses me to no end how so many in this thread seem to be completely oblivious to what the majority of this games community found to be obnoxious about this ending. Namely that a multiple choice narrative covering three games, and costing many upwards of two hundred dollars. Should have had a wide variety of outcomes based upon the choices made throughout the series. Basically the developer nullified the entire premise in the last five minutes of the last game.

It was plain insulting, and entirely selfish on their part. When you craft a multiple choice narrative you forfeit any, and all rights to having a set in stone ending. They weren't entitled to artistic integrity, and the fact that they really thought they were. Tells us what they think of their audience, and that they haven't a clue why people genuinely liked to play there games. Specifically that we could make the story ours. We were the ones who were supposed to be making the story. Not having a story forced upon us.

Anyway they can claim artistic integrity, and I will claim self respect. I refuse to give this developer another dime after how I feel they mistreated me. I suspect that a lot of loyalists feel the same way I do, and Bioware is likely to miss our money far more then we will miss playing their games.

By the way seriously you guys thought three had a good story. Outside of the gaping plot holes. You didn't in the least have issues with all the things they ripped off from other science fiction franchises. I mean it was all so very blatant, and it wasn't anything like a tongue in cheek homage.