By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC will be launch on June 26

Tagged games:

Dodece said:
It depresses me to no end how so many in this thread seem to be completely oblivious to what the majority of this games community found to be obnoxious about this ending. Namely that a multiple choice narrative covering three games, and costing many upwards of two hundred dollars. Should have had a wide variety of outcomes based upon the choices made throughout the series. Basically the developer nullified the entire premise in the last five minutes of the last game.

It was plain insulting, and entirely selfish on their part. When you craft a multiple choice narrative you forfeit any, and all rights to having a set in stone ending. They weren't entitled to artistic integrity, and the fact that they really thought they were. Tells us what they think of their audience, and that they haven't a clue why people genuinely liked to play there games. Specifically that we could make the story ours. We were the ones who were supposed to be making the story. Not having a story forced upon us.

Anyway they can claim artistic integrity, and I will claim self respect. I refuse to give this developer another dime after how I feel they mistreated me. I suspect that a lot of loyalists feel the same way I do, and Bioware is likely to miss our money far more then we will miss playing their games.

By the way seriously you guys thought three had a good story. Outside of the gaping plot holes. You didn't in the least have issues with all the things they ripped off from other science fiction franchises. I mean it was all so very blatant, and it wasn't anything like a tongue in cheek homage.

You have the option to reject the choices and finish the game on your own terms if you're really that upset about it.

I think you fail to speak for "the majority" of the community in this case, if only because the majority of the community didn't actually care

Around the Network

@Khuttra

That logic doesn't seem to make much sense at all really. If I have to explain why then you will never understand. As for speaking for the majority. Perhaps it isn't the majority view, but it is hardly a unpopular view. I know many that do share it with me. As for caring I think your wrong. Even if the ending didn't destroy the series for everyone. The truth is that it was a poor quality effort, and I do think people care about the quality of goods and services they buy. How much this will effect people is always subjective.

Dodece said:
@Khuttra

That logic doesn't seem to make much sense at all really. If I have to explain why then you will never understand. As for speaking for the majority. Perhaps it isn't the majority view, but it is hardly a unpopular view. I know many that do share it with me. As for caring I think your wrong. Even if the ending didn't destroy the series for everyone. The truth is that it was a poor quality effort, and I do think people care about the quality of goods and services they buy. How much this will effect people is always subjective.

That is an elegantly abrasive way to say that you don't have a good way to concisely explain yourself.

Dodece, you don't want us to be happy with what we got? We can't all be bitter old men about this. It's just a video game. I've gotten every entry in the series on the day of release. I'm not mad because it's not that serious.

Who did your Femshep romance, d21?

Around the Network
Dodece said:
It depresses me to no end how so many in this thread seem to be completely oblivious to what the majority of this games community found to be obnoxious about this ending. Namely that a multiple choice narrative covering three games, and costing many upwards of two hundred dollars. Should have had a wide variety of outcomes based upon the choices made throughout the series. Basically the developer nullified the entire premise in the last five minutes of the last game.

It was plain insulting, and entirely selfish on their part. When you craft a multiple choice narrative you forfeit any, and all rights to having a set in stone ending. They weren't entitled to artistic integrity, and the fact that they really thought they were. Tells us what they think of their audience, and that they haven't a clue why people genuinely liked to play there games. Specifically that we could make the story ours. We were the ones who were supposed to be making the story. Not having a story forced upon us.

Anyway they can claim artistic integrity, and I will claim self respect. I refuse to give this developer another dime after how I feel they mistreated me. I suspect that a lot of loyalists feel the same way I do, and Bioware is likely to miss our money far more then we will miss playing their games.

By the way seriously you guys thought three had a good story. Outside of the gaping plot holes. You didn't in the least have issues with all the things they ripped off from other science fiction franchises. I mean it was all so very blatant, and it wasn't anything like a tongue in cheek homage.

So loyalists are the ones who whine every single opportunity presented? The ones who resort to ad hominem, hasty generalization and cherry-pick evidence to defend their claims? Interisting point of view you have right there. 

I rather liked the new endings. Really gave me closure I wanted

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Dodece said:

The trilogy was amazing. This FREE DLC makes the endings have more detail and closure. Its done. Your idealistic rants are now falling on deaf ears. 

Its people like you that dismiss peoples livelihood and millions of dollars and years of development so easily........makes me wonder why the industry even bothers to try to make people like you happy. 

Your a drama queen. Go find something worthwhile to complain about.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

@Khuttra

If you insist I will explain it, but I really doubt that you are going to get what I am saying. It isn't that it doesn't make sense. It just isn't going to make sense to you. I spent two hundred dollars on getting those endings. My entire focus was getting all those endings. I paid them to give me those endings. If I am having to fabricate one for myself then what was I paying them for. I played these games so I could fashion my own unique narrative, and I could then get a unique conclusion based upon those actions. What they chose to do was discard my choices and substitute their own choices. It was insulting to say the least for me. I liked their games, and bought them for the simple reason that they were choice based story telling. I didn't pay to get a linear experience.

Anyway since they have made it clear that they aren't interested in doing that, and have basically fucked me out of two hundred dollars. I am not going to waste any more of my time or money on them. It was bad customer service, and I have a right to be upset about how I was treated. While I cannot do anything about the money that I have lost. What I can do is not compound that error in the future.

@haxxiy

I don't know where you are getting what you are saying. So I have no clue how to respond. Care to enlighten me.

Dodece said:
@Khuttra

If you insist I will explain it, but I really doubt that you are going to get what I am saying. It isn't that it doesn't make sense. It just isn't going to make sense to you. I spent two hundred dollars on getting those endings. My entire focus was getting all those endings. I paid them to give me those endings. If I am having to fabricate one for myself then what was I paying them for. I played these games so I could fashion my own unique narrative, and I could then get a unique conclusion based upon those actions. What they chose to do was discard my choices and substitute their own choices. It was insulting to say the least for me. I liked their games, and bought them for the simple reason that they were choice based story telling. I didn't pay to get a linear experience.

Anyway since they have made it clear that they aren't interested in doing that, and have basically fucked me out of two hundred dollars. I am not going to waste any more of my time or money on them. It was bad customer service, and I have a right to be upset about how I was treated. While I cannot do anything about the money that I have lost. What I can do is not compound that error in the future.

I can't tell if you're being serious, here.

The Extended Cut incorporates the major choices and consequences you have accrued throughout the series in the final sequences; you have changed the shape of the galaxy forever, even before your ending choice. You have the option to reject all other options, say "Yeah piss off" to the Catalyst, and let the dice fall how they may. You say they were supposed to give you "those" endings, but you never actually outline what "those" endings are, nor what kind of choices you wanted to make in the finale, or anything like that.

Are you upset that they didn't read your fanfic, here?

Or is it that they gave you one last decision you had to make, one last nut-puncher that would change everything forever on top of what you already did? Was that their one great sin: to continue to craft choices for you to make, as they had been doing for over a hundred hours, and have you choose?

I am illuminated, yet you still have really failed to explain what matters. What did you expect, exactly?