By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Everyone complaining about the lack of 3DSXL second circle pad

@Chark The Circle Pad Pro is only available at Gamestop and Nintendo's online store. If they planned on making it a high-selling product, then they would've made it available everywhere. At one time it wasn't available for months at Gamestop, so we can't assume it's easy to produce.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@Chark The Circle Pad Pro is only available at Gamestop and Nintendo's online store. If they planned on making it a high-selling product, then they would've made it available everywhere. At one time it wasn't available for months at Gamestop, so we can't assume it's easy to produce.

I'm not sure what your point is exactly? Support? I'm not talking about support or availability of CPP. Whether it was made easily accessible isn't a concern for the inclusion of it in a new model. The CPP is an optional add on, including a second analog would eliminate the need for new 3DS owners to purchase a CPP to utilize dual analog controls on current and future games.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:

I'm not sure what your point is exactly? Support? I'm not talking about support or availability of CPP. Whether it was made easily accessible isn't a concern for the inclusion of it in a new model. The CPP is an optional add on, including a second analog would eliminate the need for new 3DS owners to purchase a CPP to utilize dual analog controls on current and future games.

and where would they put the extra ZR and ZL buttons offered on the CPP?

@chark And about the old? You know the nearly 20 million? Why would they change that all the sudden? It's best to stick with the crowd that's already here instead of going after another. The 3DS sold just fine without a second stick and so will the XL version. They can't change what's already made and the effect will last forever. Games will still be made without a second stick.

Also, they can't just include a second stick and call it a day. What about all the other games that support the CCP or plan to? Like I said, some games use not just the second stick, but also the extra triggers. They can't make it accessible to those games without adding the triggers as well.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

It's not true, i'm onto su Nintendo fans site and nobody cares, so close this thread title is wrong.

Also Nintendo exlained that there is not second analog stick because they have seen only Uncharted on PSVita using that and for all the other game the combo was Analog+D-Pad, so if they will have ports from there or simplify the job for developers they have to keep one analog stick.

Man, i hate when people does not know s***.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Around the Network
Araknie said:
It's not true, i'm onto su Nintendo fans site and nobody cares, so close this thread title is wrong.

Also Nintendo exlained that there is not second analog stick because they have seen only Uncharted on PSVita using that and for all the other game the combo was Analog+D-Pad, so if they will have ports from there or simplify the job for developers they have to keep one analog stick.

exactly. and as I said in a previous post very early on, people need to look on the positives of it not being there rather than the negative.

I am sure nyko will release a 3DS XL game grip pro. benefits of this is

1. The extra circle pad

2. ZL and ZR buttons

3. EXTRA EXTERNAL BATTERY PACK (the biggest issue people been complaining about). 3x the gaming time beofre recharge.

4. fits like a glove on the 3DS and provided a hard shell protection cover.

A nintendo launch fuckup has resulted in a better alternative instead.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@chark And about the old? You know the nearly 20 million? Why would they change that all the sudden? It's best to stick with the crowd that's already here instead of going after another. The 3DS sold just fine without a second stick and so will the XL version. They can't change what's already made and the effect will last forever. Games will still be made without a second stick.

Also, they can't just include a second stick and call it a day. What about all the other games that support the CCP or plan to? Like I said, some games use not just the second stick, but also the extra triggers. They can't make it accessible to those games without adding the triggers as well.

This is exactly the confusing response littered throughout this thread. The second circle pad is an optional control, optional, option, option, option. The existence of a CPP has already seperated 3DS owners from full control options, including it in a model would only benefit new owners by providing it default. Games can retain single circle pad control options making it just as unnecessary for current 3DS owners as it currently stands with the existence of games that utilize the CPP. Nintendo wouldn't be going after another crowd or alienating the current one, it would simply be able to provide optional better control inputs for certain games.

As for the shoulder buttons, I'm not sure what the solution is, but if I was in charge then I would just forget about them. The important part is the second circle pad. There might be a way to include them but I'm not going to bother and I know previous games have utilized them but extra shoulder buttons are not involvee in the main reason to include a second circle pad which is mainly for camera control. I would like to see a solution, but I do not knowthe best route for one. Perhaps on a new model with a second circle pad they have a shoulder button battery pack add on and devs can make sure the second shoulder buttons have alternative controls, which as they stand now already are.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

@chark So from now on devs will be forced to use two control schemes to keep everybody happy? That barely happens now. The options most games offer now are analog sensitivity (especially shooters), barely touching button layout.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@chark So from now on devs will be forced to use two control schemes to keep everybody happy? That barely happens now. The options most games offer now are analog sensitivity (especially shooters), barely touching button layout.

Not every game has to use the right stick.

Araknie said:

Well said.

Personally, I think they should add a second d-pad.