By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You think Obama's going to Be Impeached?

No. And if Obama legalizes marijuana around election time, everyone will forget about this... literally.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
I wouldn't put it past the Republicans. They tried it with Clinton, and that was only a midterm election year, having him under impeachment would be a good way to throw the election in their favor, whether or not he or Holder acted wrongly.

Whether or not he acted wrongly?  Congress demanded files from the attorney general.

He refused.

That's wrong, and it's been grounds for contempt of congress on both sides of the aisle and has been used by both sides... well the last two presidents.

Not that it amounts to anything... since you know.  the discetion to prosecute Eric Holder would fall to the Attorney General.  Seems like somebody missed a loophole on that one...

Also... impeachment hearings HELPED clinton and boosted his approval rating, not sure why you'd think this would be any different.

Dodece said:
No chance at all really, because Obama is so fucking clean you can eat off of him. Whether you like his positions on a personal level is aside from the point. Outside of the founding fathers it is doubtful that we as a nation have had a President so firmly grounded in Constitutional law. Sure the Republicans could try, but the truth of the matter would be something they wouldn't like. Obama would take them behind the woodshed, and tan their asses.

Which entirely sidesteps the entire political ramifications of what doing so would entail. The American public is just about split down the middle on whether they think the man is doing a good job. The approval of Congress on the other hand is in the single digits. It would be yet another public relations disaster, and whether the tea party likes the idea or not. Some Republicans are up for reelection come the fall, and they need Independents to cast votes for them. They really don't want those voters thinking three ring circus when they go into the voting booth.

Congress needs evidence that a crime has been committed, and frankly screwing up on the job isn't necessarily a crime. Yes it may have been tragic, but there is no obvious intent. It isn't like the President told Holder to go give guns to drug cartels so they can murder American citizens. It was a colossal fuck up is all. Congress got its pound of flesh, and wanted to go rooting for more. So the President interceded to stop what was obviously politically motivated bullshit. It was just a hair brained stunt for the purposes of political grandstanding.

Congress had no justifiable need to know the name of every confidential informant, every memo, or every single word that was ever said. Hell giving that kind of information to Congress. Would be like handing a child a loaded gun. Pun most definitely intended. Congress doesn't know the meaning of confidential. If you have a national security secret needing to be protected the last person you want to share in with is a member of Congress. They will immediately go tell a thousand people.

Not to play the other side (I am the resident leftist, of course) but he had an American citizen assassinated without trial. Certainly not constitutionally correct.

@ Kasz. Likely because they'd be stupid enough to try it again. Seems to be the mantra of the party, after all.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Obama should be impeached for destroying America, that's why he should be impeached. And Romney will be no better.

Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
I wouldn't put it past the Republicans. They tried it with Clinton, and that was only a midterm election year, having him under impeachment would be a good way to throw the election in their favor, whether or not he or Holder acted wrongly.

Whether or not he acted wrongly?  Congress demanded files from the attorney general.

He refused.

That's wrong, and it's been grounds for contempt of congress on both sides of the aisle and has been used by both sides... well the last two presidents.

Not that it amounts to anything... since you know.  the discetion to prosecute Eric Holder would fall to the Attorney General.  Seems like somebody missed a loophole on that one...

Also... impeachment hearings HELPED clinton and boosted his approval rating, not sure why you'd think this would be any different.

You need to do some research. They demanded documents from Eric Holder that he would have to break the law to give to them. Also, the documents that they want have nothing to do with the death of the agent, and are from after his death. Also, why havent they brought in the former Attorney General that actually started this program? It is clearly political.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network

Should he be impeached? Yes. Will he be impeached? I doubt it. Although, in my eyes, we haven't had a real president for quite some time. They all continue on the same course that was set forth by the president prior. At least Ron Paul/ Gary Johnson want to change things. I really hope one of them can win because our country is screwed otherwise.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

The official line from the White House I believe is something like: releasing these documents would compromise ongoing investigations and put them at risk or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

MDMAlliance said:
Can someone supply a source for the information on this subject so people who haven't seen/heard about it yet can read up on it and voice their opinion on the matter?

Go watch today's PDS on youtube. He sums it up pretty well for those who aren't good with all this politicians, liberatian, bullshit lingo or generally don't care much for politics.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

McDonaldsGuy said:
Obama should be impeached for destroying America, that's why he should be impeached. And Romney will be no better.

GW oversaw what set this destruction in place.  Unfortunately, the constitution doesn't have a place for impeachment for destroying America.  There are other reasons for impeachment.

richardhutnik said:
EdHieron said:
richardhutnik said:
GW Bush didn't get impeached. Clinton wasn't removed from office due to impeachment hearings. Why would Obama? Fast and Furious? Remind me how much worse this is than Iran-Contra.

I don't know how much worse it is.  I just know that due to the strengths of their various propaganda outlets that it looks like a lot of public opinion in the US is with the Conservatives and the last thing Obama needs is impeachment charges hanging over his head down the homestretch of the Presidential election.

My brother, who I hardly ever hear from, sends me a message over Facebook about this, and goes, "What is Obama hiding?".  He is a partisan Republican.  These individuals gave the last administration a pass.  I do have to wonder about this.  As far as I am concerned, Fast and Furious is more government incompetency found in the war on drugs.  Do something even more desperate by letting guns through and then hope to trace where they end up.  They return and shoot up U.S law enforcement officials.

GW had Abu Graib, and this would likely be comparible.  The way politics works, doing what Obama did gets turned around as a weapon.  The denial is worse than the act sometimes.

Of course, it could be spun as some sort of partisan attack, and used to score points.  Obama did allow the birthers to really rail and scream about that issue.  Once things went real nuts, out came the long form birth certificate, causing Trump to drop out of the race.

Fast and Furious was a program begun in 2006.  Obama was elected in 2008, in office in 2009.