By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You think Obama's going to Be Impeached?

MDMAlliance said:
Can someone supply a source for the information on this subject so people who haven't seen/heard about it yet can read up on it and voice their opinion on the matter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal 

Around the Network

Bwahahaha. They may recommend it, but it won't be successful. More likely this late in his term that it may help him not get reelected.

No chance at all really, because Obama is so fucking clean you can eat off of him. Whether you like his positions on a personal level is aside from the point. Outside of the founding fathers it is doubtful that we as a nation have had a President so firmly grounded in Constitutional law. Sure the Republicans could try, but the truth of the matter would be something they wouldn't like. Obama would take them behind the woodshed, and tan their asses.

Which entirely sidesteps the entire political ramifications of what doing so would entail. The American public is just about split down the middle on whether they think the man is doing a good job. The approval of Congress on the other hand is in the single digits. It would be yet another public relations disaster, and whether the tea party likes the idea or not. Some Republicans are up for reelection come the fall, and they need Independents to cast votes for them. They really don't want those voters thinking three ring circus when they go into the voting booth.

Congress needs evidence that a crime has been committed, and frankly screwing up on the job isn't necessarily a crime. Yes it may have been tragic, but there is no obvious intent. It isn't like the President told Holder to go give guns to drug cartels so they can murder American citizens. It was a colossal fuck up is all. Congress got its pound of flesh, and wanted to go rooting for more. So the President interceded to stop what was obviously politically motivated bullshit. It was just a hair brained stunt for the purposes of political grandstanding.

Congress had no justifiable need to know the name of every confidential informant, every memo, or every single word that was ever said. Hell giving that kind of information to Congress. Would be like handing a child a loaded gun. Pun most definitely intended. Congress doesn't know the meaning of confidential. If you have a national security secret needing to be protected the last person you want to share in with is a member of Congress. They will immediately go tell a thousand people.

richardhutnik said:
MDMAlliance said:
Can someone supply a source for the information on this subject so people who haven't seen/heard about it yet can read up on it and voice their opinion on the matter?

Or you could just watch Fox News.  They've been talking about it all day and no doubt it will be a central topic on tonight's O'reilly, Hannity, and Van Susteren (sp).

EdHieron I hope you're being sarcastic.

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
richardhutnik said:
MDMAlliance said:

Or you could just watch Fox News.  They've been talking about it all day and no doubt it will be a central topic on tonight's O'reilly, Hannity, and Van Susteren (sp).

Are you joking about that Fox News part?  By the way, I'm just watching the conversation go on right now, as my opinion would be drowned in the fact that I know very little about the issue at hand and it would just make me look stupid to argue.
It would be nice if there were an article that had in-depth information about this subject.  I don't know what to search for, really.

Here's the general idea:

The bureau in the USA that handles gun exports were caught selling guns to Mexican drug lords. (You know, the ones who are causing such hell in Mexico, killing Americans on the border.)

Internal politics found out about this, and they sought the documents that the attorney general had on the case. The attorney general would not let the documents be seen, and has caused issues with this case, until recently he was going to be charged for covering up the case.

Obama swept in and saved him, using what's called an "Executive privilege." Essentially it's a power that lets the president override any decision made by lower courts.

Obama WILL NOT face impeachment, EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE IS GRANTED TO EVERY PRESIDENT. Clinton used it 14 times, bush has used it 8.

Gunman121 said:
Here's the general idea:

The bureau in the USA that handles gun exports were caught selling guns to Mexican drug lords. (You know, the ones who are causing such hell in Mexico, killing Americans on the border.)

Internal politics found out about this, and they sought the documents that the attorney general had on the case. The attorney general would not let the documents be seen, and has caused issues with this case, until recently he was going to be charged for covering up the case.

Obama swept in and saved him, using what's called an "Executive privilege." Essentially it's a power that lets the president override any decision made by lower courts.

Obama WILL NOT face impeachment, EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE IS GRANTED TO EVERY PRESIDENT. Clinton used it 14 times, bush has used it 8.

Didn't that happen with Richard Nixon after the scandal?  

MDMAlliance said:
EdHieron said:
richardhutnik said:
MDMAlliance said:

Are you joking about that Fox News part?  By the way, I'm just watching the conversation go on right now, as my opinion would be drowned in the fact that I know very little about the issue at hand and it would just make me look stupid to argue.
It would be nice if there were an article that had in-depth information about this subject.  I don't know what to search for, really.

EdHieron said:

It seems that Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder could very likely be held in contempt of Congress  for the gun running in Mexico scandal  and this could lead to an impeachment of Obama since he's extended Exceutive Priviledge to Holder.  Do you think Obama will be impeached thus giving the United States over to the Ass Clown and Evil Conservatives?

Did George W Bush and Bill Clinton get impeached?  (Well successfully.)

Eric Holder is far from the first attorney general to be held in contempt of congress for refusing to give over files about their fuckups.