By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is gen 7 over in your eyes

Hi guys, it's been almost 8 years since the xbox360 was revealed.

I was wondering what your opinion was about gen 7, if it was over in your eyes, and if you feel we've come full circle.

Around the Network

No, Wii U hasn't even launched yet.

badgenome said:
No, Wii U hasn't even launched yet.

hehehe, I can always count on you for a laugh :)

Nope.

Halo 4 will be the epic conclusion of this generation.

It depends.

If you mean the general feeling and atmosphere on forums, yeah it's starting to feel like the surprise and hype surrounding gen 7 is over. New game announcements, while good, don't excite people in the same way. We know what to expect. It's mostly sequel upon sequel, no huge exclusives or megatons, graphics don't improve any longer etc.

Also, the sales war is dead. No one cares. It's Wii won, X360 second and PS3 third place since a long time back and people have settled with that.

So in summary:
Upcoming games rarely surprise
Grafix war is dead
Sales war is dead

But for me personally 7th gen is almost as strong as it's ever been. I play great games all the time and have a huge backlog and there's many upcoming games I am looking forward to.

Around the Network

For me it is, I badly want a PS4 and move on to a new platform.

Definitely not yet, I will consider the gen over when all the hyped and delayed games like The Last Guardian have been released.

Pesmerga7551 said:

Suikoden fan, yeeeeeey :D

OT: No. Still plenty of huge games to be released and still Millions of consoles to be sold.

Carl2291 said:
Pesmerga7551 said:

Suikoden fan, yeeeeeey :D

OT: No. Still plenty of huge games to be released and still Millions of consoles to be sold.

You know it! So sad the franchise is dead. They don't care to make a new real Suikoden anymore. I have to live with Suikoden 1, 2, 3, and 5 on repeat. Yes, S4 is an abomination. But I think we all can agree, Suikoden 2 is far the best from the franchise and rivals any Final Fantasy game of past in sheer awesomeness.

Also not to happy about the lack of presence of Pesmerga, but the inclusion of Yuber.

Nope. Far too much stuff coming out at the end of this year / start of next year.