By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another form of proof that GameTrailers is not neutral

For gods sake GT even used for the Orange Box comparision a PS3 shot while using the autosave option to show the frame rate issue,they are either complete nerds or are biased to the bone.

Around the Network

@rocketpig

No because the outcome is fanboyish, if the ps3 can LOOK BETTER than dont make the comparison with ps3 limited, and 360 not.

mM
Diomedes1976 said:
For gods sake GT even used for the Orange Box comparision a PS3 shot while using the autosave option to show the frame rate issue,they are either complete nerds or are biased to the bone.

Isn't Autosave on by default?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

leo-j said:
@rocketpig

No because the outcome is fanboyish, if the ps3 can LOOK BETTER than dont make the comparison with ps3 limited, and 360 not.

The outcome isn't fanboyish if the limitation of HDMI is what holds back GT from making these comparisons through that technology. They're testing both machines using the best available technology available to them that records video from consoles.

This isn't hard to understand, folks. 

rocketpig said:
ssj12 said:
rocketpig said:

From what I know of Fraps, you can only capture from the PC, not an outside device.

If you know of contrary information, feel free to post it. 

all you need is 2 monitors. Just hook one monitor up to both the PC and console. Use the first monitor to start frap[s and have it record everything on the second monitor. Quite simple actually. 

How do you bypass the HDCP built into HDMI? At some point, the information has to pass through the computer. Something isn't adding up there.

If you can find a tutorial or example, I would like to see it. 

there are HDCP compliant video cards and monitors.

You can also use a program called Dazzle Platinum. This is a much easier way.. but sadly I dont think they make an HDMI version YET. I think thats in development.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fAdZN4irr7w

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Diomedes1976 said:

what he is saying is the capturedthe game autosaving and calls the autosave lag.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

I have Googled every combination of Fraps and HDMI that I can think of and have yet to come up with one example of a person successfully recording from an outside source using HDMI.

It's not that I don't believe you but I'm skeptical until I see a working example of someone doing this.

ssj12 said:
rocketpig said:
Diomedes1976 said:

what he is saying is the capturedthe game autosaving and calls the autosave lag.

They also captured the 360 autosaving at the same point and it was much shorter IIRC.

Sorry, but I don't really see his point... 

ssj12 said:
rocketpig said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Wasn't the same for both versions???

Is not the default setting in both versions???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
rocketpig said:
I have Googled every combination of Fraps and HDMI that I can think of and have yet to come up with one example of a person successfully recording from an outside source using HDMI.

It's not that I don't believe you but I'm skeptical until I see a working example of someone doing this.

your not finding it becasue the way I'm saying isnt

A. practical

B. Easy to Do

C. Cheap (need second monitor)

D.  theres easier way to record using components. 

My way I possible as there is no logical way it wouldnt work but its jsut a major pain in the ass to setup correctly to work let alone need a PC that can handle it.