By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another form of proof that GameTrailers is not neutral

iclim4 said:
azrm2k said:

This I agree with. It being 1 am I am quite bored.

Although MrMafoo has a good point too, ignore the comparison videos and whether or not you find them accurate/inaccurate. Play the games and if you enjoy them then that is all that matters!

yes but im trying to prove a point that GT sucks at comparison videos and should not be trusted,
youre the one who keeps insisting that its still very usefull for comparing games, for framerate and load times.
plus you called me an idiot
and apparently MrMafoo agrees with me the GT sucks at comparison vids!
its 2 against 1 give it up

Misunderstanding here.  I never meant to call you an idiot.  I said your notion was idiotic.  I have plenty of stupid ideas all the time but I don't consider myself an idiot.   Sorry if you got upset.

Around the Network

"I though DMC4 had a better bump and textures on x360, BUT now i see, it`s jus because of RGB."

Correct me if I'm wrong here but RGB will not affect bump maps or textures at all, it merely affects the saturation does it not?

Jandre02 said:
Gnizmo said:
BMaker11 said:

Alot of people are saying that it's good that they keep them the way they are out the box, and not optimizing them to their best settings.

Thing is though, technically, the PS3s standard setting are only over composite cables, which means only 480p, whereas 360 comes with component, so it's HD, standard-out-of-the-box whch they seem to put so much emphasis on. So that's definately not fair. Also, what's wrong with putting both systems on HDMI? As long as the means by which the signal is being output to the tv are equal, then I see no problem in them putting the PS3 and 360 on HDMI. But then, due to optimization settings, it would show the PS3 would have better gfx.....are they afraid to show that?

-edit

They are not afraid to show it. They can't show it. You can't record HDMI output. Try to keep up.

If they cant show best graphics on both consoles why even display it? The PS3 with HDMI out and full-RGB looks better than the 360. I have both consoles, I know. So Gametrailers' comparison shots are worthless.

For you, yes I suppose they would be. For others not so much. I couldn't tell you why they do it the way they do honestly. You would have to ask the people responsible for the site to get an idea of that. I would bet that most PS3/360 owners use the cables that come with the system, so it would be helpful to them.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

@Rath,
just look at those NGS pics, with RGB FULL OFF, TEXTURES look WASHED/BLURED.

Off:

On:

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

HOLY CRAP. The RGB settings are NOT relevant to this debate, as they use COMPONENT connections for BOTH systems!

They are not "afraid" to show the HDMI output for the PS3 because the "optimizations" make it look better than 360 (which is a complete load anyway). They are simply unable to record the output. Geez, fanboys are ridiculous.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

@crazzyman

We're not arguing that enabling it won't help. What we're arguing is how would it only help the PS3? The 360 can't magically utilize Full RGB over component. you'd need an Elite hooked up with HDMI just like the PS3 needs an HDMI cable to take advantage of the setting.

Therefore both would have deeper and richer colors if we could theoretically use HDMI. Using component on both is fair as neither are taking advantage of Full RGB in this mode.

leo-j said:
@azrm2k

I cant explain it, ssj12 surely can.

You got no clue.....and now you're cyring for help..... sigh !

btw:
ssj12 is bad with technicial explanataions, so if i were you i would elect someone else to help out.
If you want to kill this thread to cover your trails, call for MikeB ;)

@topic:

Your post reminds me of another thread, read on:

Another form of proof that "The World" is not neutral!
Out of 5 billion people, just 9mln got a ps3.

This means out of 100 People 64.91245 don't own one and are clearly biased against the ps3.
(if you couldn't follow the calculation, ask legend99, i'm not good with numbers and it's hard to explain.

How come these 64.91245 people have prejudices against the ps3 if they even don't own one ?

"The World" is really biased, and i'm going to post another evidence every sunday !

@azrm2k,
the only thing i know, that TEXTURES on PS3 through component looks WASHED/BLURED compared to x360 image through component.
I don`t know why is that.
BUT i do know, THAT through HDMI TEXTURES on PS3 does NOT look WASHED/BLURED.

That means, TO see FINAL quality of IMAGE they need to use DEBUG PS3, OTHERWISE these video comparison are BULLSHIT for those who want to get BEST image. And that is NOT through component.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

BMaker11 said:

Alot of people are saying that it's good that they keep them the way they are out the box, and not optimizing them to their best settings.

Thing is though, technically, the PS3s standard setting are only over composite cables, which means only 480p, whereas 360 comes with component, so it's HD, standard-out-of-the-box whch they seem to put so much emphasis on. So that's definately not fair. Also, what's wrong with putting both systems on HDMI? As long as the means by which the signal is being output to the tv are equal, then I see no problem in them putting the PS3 and 360 on HDMI. But then, due to optimization settings, it would show the PS3 would have better gfx.....are they afraid to show that?

-edit

Just to repeat this for the umpteenth time, you can't record a retail PS3 over HDMI. That option is not viable. So I think it's less "they are afraid to show it" and more "it's technically impossible." 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

CrazzyMan said:
@azrm2k,
the only thing i know, that TEXTURES on PS3 through component looks WASHED/BLURED compared to x360 image through component.
I don`t know why is that.
BUT i do know, THAT through HDMI TEXTURES on PS3 does NOT look WASHED/BLURED.

That means, TO see FINAL quality of IMAGE they need to use DEBUG PS3, OTHERWISE these video comparison are BULLSHIT for those who want to get BEST image. And that is NOT through component.

Ah finally a CrazzyMan post I can agree with... as in "the only thing I know.."

Lemme tell you some of what I know... these comparisons aren't BS as you state.  They may not be optimized since HDMI isn't used but the 360 has no technical advantage in the test setup over the PS3.  Both are using equal setups and therefore both can be compared to get a general idea of what the game looks like on both systems.  Full RGB works only on HDTVs and not even on all HDTVs.  Anybody playing PS3 on an HDTV that cant support it (which admittedly seems like a rare situation) or an SDTV (not a rare situation by any stretch of the imagination) like Griffin won't have the benefit of Full RGB.  They will have to try to change other settings to improve their image like Griffin stated that he did.