By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NEEDS you to shut up | *profane language*

BasilZero said:
"Nintendo doesn’t hesitate to let Sega make an Olympics game with Mario, which by the way is Sega’s highest selling game of all time."

Wait, really it sold the most out of all sega developed games o.O? Mario = $$$$ confirmed ;)

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=1452&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Around the Network
oniyide said:
I like this article, BUT if Ninty doesnt do these back deals and there system doesnt get those games, then the cycle of tears will just continue. As funny as it is, it would be said. BUT if you really only care about Ninty games then that wouldnt bother you anyway. Everyone wins (except for the single console owners...oh well)

I am a single console owner and I am fine like that. I bet 80% of the people who bought a wii (35% nintendo-fans/55% casual gamers) didnt care about the third party support at all. People on gaming boards complained about not getting some games (which is fine) but I bet the huge majority of the userbase didnt care a bit.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
oniyide said:
I like this article, BUT if Ninty doesnt do these back deals and there system doesnt get those games, then the cycle of tears will just continue. As funny as it is, it would be said. BUT if you really only care about Ninty games then that wouldnt bother you anyway. Everyone wins (except for the single console owners...oh well)

I am a single console owner and I am fine like that. I bet 80% of the people who bought a wii (35% nintendo-fans/55% casual gamers) didnt care about the third party support at all. People on gaming boards complained about not getting some games (which is fine) but I bet the huge majority of the userbase didnt care a bit.

yup your right. 

I'm only bothered because a Nintendo console is the only one I wish to purchase.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

pezus said:

Sony’s lost money 4 years straight by tugging on developers cocks and getting dirty.

I thought Sony lost money because after the unprecedented success of the PS1 and PS2 they lost their fucking minds and thought they could do no wrong and that developers would support them just because they were Sony. Microsoft were the ones who tugged on developers cocks all generation, and look what it got them: success.

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to strengthen their third-party support, because Sony and Microsoft are finding ways to offer consumers so much more than just a game console, while still maintaining the game console at the core.

As for the Sony studios being closed? Zipper Interactive developed 3 games that sold terribly (Socom 4, Unit 13) or didn't perform well enough to cover the cost of running consistent online servers (MAG).

And BigBig Studios wasted time and didn't get anything going on their own after Sony bought them out. Look at the other company that was bought at the same time BigBig Studios was (Evolution Studios) and you see that Sony was a little too optimistic with BBS. Zipper just fell apart, I'm not sure what happened with them, but they killed themselves. The fact is though is Sony isn't aggressively going after third-party exclusives as much anymore, because they are spending that money on internal investments. Zipper and BigBig were shut down, but Sony still has the most first-party studios.

If Nintendo is not careful they will not perform like they did with the Wii. Any negative press will dampen the Wii "brand". Just look at PlayStation. It use to sell millions and millions on just the name. Then Sony closed their doors and stopped being developer/publisher friendly like they were for the PS1/PS2. As a result the third-party devs decided that if they were going to have any shot of staying around, they had to get their games in front of as many gamers as they could and the era of console exclusives started coming to an end.

No Nintendo should go after third parties -- not in a bidding war for any particular game, but through ensuring developers have the tools to easily port games to WiiU and so publishers understand the opportunity. Also Nintendo should enter a bidding war to ensure that Epic goes back to the drawing board on Unreal Engine 4 since currently it is doing things with lighting and particle effects simply isn't realistic on the WiiU, and if your missing the most popular engine on your console it'll make third parties think twice before porting games over.

oniyide said:
menx64 said:
oniyide said:

yup your right. 

actually he is not. there is an aditional 10% people he accidently absorbed by his numbers 80% != 35% + 55% = 90%.

Also to say that all nintendo fans didn't care is wrong too. I cared. I wanted GTA on Wii as an example. Why you ask? because the fact is I wanted to experiece GTA and those other gameds missed with the wii remote. Godfather port (the poor cousin of GTA) was actually well exectued with Wii Remote. ANother example is Resident Evil 5, it would have been fantastic if they implemented RE4 controls. Metal Gear SOlid 4 would have been nice withh wii remote.

COD is a good exam where a game wasn't as graphically well done and had less enemies on screen but yet the controls made the game fun. It felt so natural over dual analoges. But at the end of the day, COD games were somewhat lazy made (ie could have pushed gfx a bit better if wanted to), but still much better than most crap which just had slapped on waggle.

The same thing will go for WiiU. If the tablet is genuienly something that adds to the immersion of gaming, I would want to experience some of those 3rd party games with the tablet to see what it could do.

At the end of the day, Nintendo needs to work hard to get these big franchises that cater for the adult western market. Or start creating new AAA IPs that will cater to the adult western market (i.e a FPS, Racing Sim).

Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
menx64 said:
oniyide said:

yup your right. 

actually he is not. there is an aditional 10% people he accidently absorbed by his numbers 80% != 35% + 55% = 90%.

Also to say that all nintendo fans didn't care is wrong too. I cared. I wanted GTA on Wii as an example. Why you ask? because the fact is I wanted to experiece GTA and those other gameds missed with the wii remote. Godfather port (the poor cousin of GTA) was actually well exectued with Wii Remote. ANother example is Resident Evil 5, it would have been fantastic if they implemented RE4 controls. Metal Gear SOlid 4 would have been nice withh wii remote.

COD is a good exam where a game wasn't as graphically well done and had less enemies on screen but yet the controls made the game fun. It felt so natural over dual analoges. But at the end of the day, COD games were somewhat lazy made (ie could have pushed gfx a bit better if wanted to), but still much better than most crap which just had slapped on waggle.

The same thing will go for WiiU. If the tablet is genuienly something that adds to the immersion of gaming, I would want to experience some of those 3rd party games with the tablet to see what it could do.

At the end of the day, Nintendo needs to work hard to get these big franchises that cater for the adult western market. Or start creating new AAA IPs that will cater to the adult western market (i.e a FPS, Racing Sim).

35+55 = 80%??? God, I feel like an idiot now...

Anyways, I do agree that if nintendo wants to get more western gamers on board, they should focus on getting some of those games. GTA & COD probably the most important ones on that matter. However my point was that the mayority of the userbase really didnt care about the call of duties, Assassins creed, or bioshock games... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

When you break it down, Nintendo, just like Microsoft and Sony, is a business. They are in it to make money. Bottom line. Nintendo had huge success with the casual audience with the Wii, so I don't blame them for sticking the Wii name on it, or not wanting to focus on hardcore gamers. Nintendo is gonna do whatever they need to do in order to maximize profit. Simple economics. Nintendo isn't willing to be as flexible with their money as Microsoft or Sony is, because Ninty is a smaller company. They don't offer the wide variety of products and services that the others do. They may not have the money to buy third party developers. But, they do a fine job without them. I don't think it would be a "Nintendo" game if Ninty didn't make it. It probably wouldn't be as successful either. Bottom line is, Nintendo knows how to make their games good, and they don't need any help.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash