By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: leaked 56 Page Xbox roadmap - Removed by a law firm associated with MS

D-Joe said:

i bet the "they" means Microsoft that means you already believe it's made by MS,so whatever i said you will still say it's true

so i don't need to reply you anymore,and don't put the "fake" on title while you believe it

btw,it's not really a great geass,we've known for a while that Windows 8 was being built with tablets and similar devices in mind.

you need to know,56 pages,put everything he can think about to the doc,and atleast one thing will be accurately,and some people will say it's true because that,that's what he thinking

and there is no Kinect V2,you will still see Kinect in next gen

btw,Sony 3D glasses...lol

I think it might be by MS, that is why it says Rumour in the title, they refers to whoever made the presentation. Windows 8 has been known ot be on tablets for a while but that is not SmartGlass, the companion apps for games that let you control aspects of the game, or access additional functionality, or display info on actors while watching a movie on a tablet/phone is and quite specifically features that MS called out for SmartGlass. 

The 3D glasses aren't Sony they are these sunglasses/3D Glasses http://www.szprice.com/products/Changeable-Anaglyph-3D-Glasses-Set-w-12-Replacement-Anaglyphic-Glasses-Lens_2878.html. And the other glasses project Fortaleza is wearable computing/augmented reality glasses much like googles project glass.

Also MS not upgrading Kinect for next gen would be a collosal mistake, the current version is very limited. A higher resolution version that could detect details down to fingers at a distance and acurately track 4 people at once would go a long way towards making it viable for more gaming experiances. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
D-Joe said:

i bet the "they" means Microsoft that means you already believe it's made by MS,so whatever i said you will still say it's true

so i don't need to reply you anymore,and don't put the "fake" on title while you believe it

btw,it's not really a great geass,we've known for a while that Windows 8 was being built with tablets and similar devices in mind.

you need to know,56 pages,put everything he can think about to the doc,and atleast one thing will be accurately,and some people will say it's true because that,that's what he thinking

and there is no Kinect V2,you will still see Kinect in next gen

btw,Sony 3D glasses...lol

I think it might be by MS, that is why it says Rumour in the title, they refers to whoever made the presentation. Windows 8 has been known ot be on tablets for a while but that is not SmartGlass, the companion apps for games that let you control aspects of the game, or access additional functionality, or display info on actors while watching a movie on a tablet/phone is and quite specifically features that MS called out for SmartGlass. 

The 3D glasses aren't Sony they are these sunglasses/3D Glasses http://www.szprice.com/products/Changeable-Anaglyph-3D-Glasses-Set-w-12-Replacement-Anaglyphic-Glasses-Lens_2878.html. And the other glasses project Fortaleza is wearable computing/augmented reality glasses much like googles project glass.

Also MS not upgrading Kinect for next gen would be a collosal mistake, the current version is very limited. A higher resolution version that could detect details down to fingers at a distance and acurately track 4 people at once would go a long way towards making it viable for more gaming experiances. 

Windows 8 ARM support smartglass,that's all

check one more time then,it's not just sony glasses anyway,iOS also there(oh yeah you will say "because smartglass support iOS too!!!"lol)

and Kinect for 360 is not full power because the power of 360 and even with 360 Kinect already can track 4 playes

keep believe that "real doc" anyway

and why keep "possibly fake" on title?change it to "likely real" or something!

D-Joe said:

Windows 8 ARM support smartglass,that's all

check one more time then,it's not just sony glasses anyway,iOS also there(oh yeah you will say "because smartglass support iOS too!!!"lol)

and Kinect for 360 is not full power because the power of 360 and even with 360 Kinect already can track 4 playes

keep believe that "real doc" anyway

and why keep "possibly fake" on title?change it to "likely real" or something!

Win Phone 7 wasn't released until October and their smart glass inititive was never going to suport winmo 6.5 devices, Smart Glass does support iOS and Android http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/4/3062660/microsoft-xbox-smart-glass-app scroll down to the bottom. And again it's a draft so likely has placeholder images.

Kinects current limitations are also there on PC with many times more CPU power, to track more fine detail on current hardware you need to be really close to the sensor because the resolution is not high enough to acurately track past a certain distance. You can track up to 5 players tho only with very basic actions as fitting everyone in the frame at a close enough distance to acurately track causes problems. 

The title is fine how it is, it's quite possibly fake it's also possibly real, it's not certain ether way hence the rumour part, tho if you really don't like it I will change it just for you. Again why are you so insistant that it's fake? Does it suggest that MS is possibly going in a direction you don't like or something? If you just hate all rumours why even bother coming into the thread? 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

so they don't need to Kinect V2 because it's not about Kinect,mistake or not,you won't see that in next gen,few years after nextbox launch maybe?

actually i pretty like this,but it doesn't mean it's real,and it's annoying
and why you so insistant that it's real?because you like it?well i don't care

btw,why you think this is really from 2010 sept?
http://www.scribd.com/sean_wilson_19

oh i forget one thing to say,PS4?well,Sony still didn't decided PS4's GPU and CPU(ignore the rumors),2013?um....

As an internal presentation, small errors like the ATI logo are understandable. Fakers don't normally go to 56 pages with original artwork; they'd also include BIG surprises to get attention, of which this has none. I'm inclined to say real but all details NOT confirmed because in 2010 time the spec was likely still in flux. Features, price and form factor still not fixed. Honestly apart from Smart Glass all it says is that there will be another Xbox, sometime.

Around the Network
D-Joe said:

oh i forget one thing to say,PS4?well,Sony still didn't decided PS4's GPU and CPU(ignore the rumors),2013?um....

Since Nvidia and Intel (Larrabee) screwed over Sony, non-Cell POWER+AMD or AMD+AMD are the only combinations that make sense for the PS3. There's not much decision to make.

D-Joe said:

so they don't need to Kinect V2 because it's not about Kinect,mistake or not,you won't see that in next gen,few years after nextbox launch maybe?

actually i pretty like this,but it doesn't mean it's real,and it's annoying
and why you so insistant that it's real?because you like it?well i don't care

btw,why you think this is really from 2010 sept?
http://www.scribd.com/sean_wilson_19

I am not insisting it's real I am just saying that your reasons for insisting it's fake don't really mean anything and is counter ballanced by several things that suggest that it might be legit. If I thought it was real I wouldn't have added a rumour tag. 

I am well aware of when it was uploaded to that site, the reasons for thinking it's from 2010 are, the road ahead starts at 2011 (seems a bit odd if the document was from a later date), and it refers to Apple TV as a new competitor (it was released in 2010).

@TheVoxelman on twitter

EdHieron said:
It's supposed to be 6 to 8 times as powerful as the 360. If they can launch it for $299 next year it'll kick the crap out of Wii U with that kind of power at that price.

Well it still doesn't matter if the most played and bought game(series) on that console will be running on an Engine from 1999 again(Call of Duty).
As long as they don't get any games to use that power they can put in it as much as they want.

Power only matters if you can bring stuff like Uncharted,The Last of Us and so on.
Especially more artistic stuff that tells stories and so on and not just shooting around.

EdHieron said:
It's supposed to be 6 to 8 times as powerful as the 360. If they can launch it for $299 next year it'll kick the crap out of Wii U with that kind of power at that price.

With a build cost of $225 and an intention to never go below positive Gross Margin at any time during the console's life? Launching at $300 with Kinect would place it at the same price level as the 360 has now.

We'll see how powerful it is, I guess. It's going to be an interesting generation.

Like someone stated earlier, how many folks will go out of their way to create a 56 page doc. with their own custom pictures and designs? That's my personal reason why it's real, along with a few other noticeable factors like smart glass.

In the end there is still no way to confirm if it is truly real or not, but there are very few other rumored docs I've seen with this much detail that didn't turn out to be real.