By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumour: leaked 56 Page Xbox roadmap - Removed by a law firm associated with MS

Possibly real then uh?
According to my calculations the main GPU would have some 1024 GFLOPS of theoretical performance. Considering the efficiency of modern AMD GPUs (around 15 GFLOPS/Watt), it's very possible the power draw, and pricing, are more or less correct. Should it release for the same price as the Wii-U, it would be a huge blow to Nintendo, unless it had a pricecut by then (assuming Wii-U releases for $299).

Around the Network

As someone with extensive experience in corporate strategy at a Fortune 100 company, this document likes EXACTLY like an internal presentation, particularily a first draft that is circulated prior to an actual meeting. To the folks saying that the quality is too low, if anything, the quality is almost TOO HIGH for a first draft.

Looks interesting and I do believe its right in line with the main points in my comparison thread.

NEXT-GEN COMPARISON THREAD

I saw this comment on Gizmodo and thought it was interesting:

Just a bit of Trivia: Fortaleza is the Capital of Ceará, one of the States of Brazil. It´s a follow up for the codename used for Kinect in its early stages, "Project Natal", Natal being the name of the Capital of another Brazilian State, Rio Grande do Norte. Too many Brazilians working at Microsoft, huh?

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

First the Vita goes from IBM Cell Processor to ARM processors

Now the future XBox looks like it will be using ARM processors

If I had some spare investment money... I would be looking at ARM Holding very closely

Around the Network
Stadelhuber said:
DirtyP2002 said:

This is what I said in another thread. I don't know which one I should follow.

This one for sure. It was the earlier one and is not as biased as the other one.

Durango and Kinect 2.0 for 299$? First day buy for me.

Same here. At that price for those specs and features. Day one.

D-Joe said:
VGKing said:
D-Joe said:
so it very likely real then,or at least real but outdated
$299 for this?if they don't change i'm in

I still don't see how they can include Kinect 2.0 and be 6-8x the power of 360 at only $299. Even if they don't include an HDD I think its impossible.

well $299 not a big problem,MS=fucking rich

the biggest question should be how is this cost $225

who knows

Well if you read the documents it states that they expect the Xbox 720 to be profitable each year of its life-cycle....

ARM makes sense for portables, x86 makes no sense at all. If they include 3 Power cores for BC, then, given Power is a highly scalable architecture and Power 7 outperforms the versions used in XB360, PS3 and Wii, not to mention ARM, then the only logical choice is using the desired number of Power 7 cores and avoid any unnecessary complication.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

cusman said:

First the Vita goes from IBM Cell Processor to ARM processors

Now the future XBox looks like it will be using ARM processors

If I had some spare investment money... I would be looking at ARM Holding very closely

you probably should have got in on ARM stock before the smartphone/tablet boom as that means more to ARM than being used in a games console. Also there was no way that Sony would use anything other than ARM for the Vita, ARM wins hands down when it comes to performance per watt which is very important in a handheld device. That is why ARM chips are in 98% of mobile phones, the 3DS, most tablets and dozzens of other devices such as cameras, GPS, locator beacons etc as well.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I think there is something many of the people who say "299 with Kinect 2.0? Day one!" don't quite realize:

According to that document, what they call "Kinect 2.0" is not going to be an improved version of the current Kinect sensor as most people probably believe.

Instead, the document describes "Kinect 2.0" as a stereoscopic system using a pair of cheap and simple standard webcams with microphones. Meaning they are going to completely drop the expensive TOF/3D technology of the current Kinect sensor and replace it with something that costs only a small fraction to manufacture. So the 299 price tag is not unreasonable.

That would actually make it exactly the kind of motion control hardware I always predicted the PS4 to have. I'm wondering if the PS4 will still come up with the same solution.