By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Plus Prompts Me to Rethink My Xbox Live Subscription

What do you choose?

Xbox Live 78 26.44%

PlayStation Plus 190 64.41%

Nintendoland seems pretty cool 27 9.15%

Total:295

Yes, I just wrote a whole text to realise the quote function won't work on my phone... Damn it :P.
But what I said ( short version) is that the money allows msft to invest more into xbl and to bring the best games first or exclusive to it (like trials, minecraft, limbo and xastle crashers to name a few) and that's why I want to pay money for it because I get those really great games

Around the Network
maximrace said:
Yes, I just wrote a whole text to realise the quote function won't work on my phone... Damn it :P.
But what I said ( short version) is that the money allows msft to invest more into xbl and to bring the best games first or exclusive to it (like trials, minecraft, limbo and xastle crashers to name a few) and that's why I want to pay money for it because I get those really great games

But if you can get those games elsewhere albeit late...does it matter who gets it first? Same with their disc games, being offered the chance to pay first for DLCs is not a great incentive, for my money, I want to pay once and not have to pay for anything else. 

XBL: you pay for that then have to pay for Netflix- etc, DLCs and the likes

+ you actually get a lot of stuff but meh.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

You can rethink all u want. But its a fine line between rethinking and doing :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I don't really care about dlc but yes I think it's worth it if I can play a great game earlier. But that's my opinion, I can understand why people hate the fact to pay for it. It would be positive for sony to have a xbl subscription based model, but most people don't see it that way.

Millenium said:
brendude13 said:

Specific content and the odd game remain accessible once your subscription runs out, although it's not often. LittleBigPlanet remained free for me.

As for dropping XBL Gold, I'm considering it as I don't play online any more. I still wouldn't buy PS Plus though, I want control over what I'm buying. I might sell my Xbox entirely though, after buying a gaming PC I can't justify keeping it.

Somehow, I really doubt Turkish has an XBL account.

Sounds like a reasonable decision, sold of my PS3 because I couldn't justify keeping it as well.

Of course he doesn't have a XBL account, he just used someone elses article and tried to pass it off as his own opinion.

Yeah, unless you have a lot of spare money kicking round, there is little reason to keep both. Friends and exclusives are the decider.

I didn't know it was an article, didn't read the top, it was bunched in with the rest of the text.

Around the Network

@OP.....

NO!

Goodbye.

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:

games you only can play as long as you pay for a subscription aren't free games for us, just saying... it's like i would pay for one month lovefilm subscription and would say i get 8 free games worth 450 euro. and i'm talking about games i really want to play and not a bunch of games i can't decide which i get. if i would be really interested in virtua fighter as example i would have already bought or played it. if i only play it when i get the chance to play it "for free", this games can't be much worth for me.

I bought PSN+ one year. Getting dozens of games to play during that time sounds like free to me, because I don't even look at most of my older games. Why would I want to replay my older titles when there's always new stuff coming out? Seriously, I have a huge backlog so I doubt I'll ever go back to anything I've already completed once.

That is a winner!

Turkish said:
pezus said:
crissindahouse said:

games you only can play as long as you pay for a subscription aren't free games for us, just saying... it's like i would pay for one month lovefilm subscription and would say i get 8 free games worth 450 euro. and i'm talking about games i really want to play and not a bunch of games i can't decide which i get. if i would be really interested in virtua fighter as example i would have already bought or played it. if i only play it when i get the chance to play it "for free", this games can't be much worth for me.

I bought PSN+ one year. Getting dozens of games to play during that time sounds like free to me, because I don't even look at most of my older games. Why would I want to replay my older titles when there's always new stuff coming out? Seriously, I have a huge backlog so I doubt I'll ever go back to anything I've already completed once.

That is a winner!

No it isn't.

His argument stands and pezus just making the point that he enjoys the subscription to the games and the way he plays them makes them feel "free"...does not make them "free".

Lovefilm as crissindahouse operates the same way, it's a subscription movie and game service that is generally hated by most due to poor customer service and a monopoly of the uk market...

I don't often hear people saying "love film is great they give me free games and movies".

In fact I have NEVER heard such a stupid and ridiculous thing mentioned by even a happy Lovefilm customer, very few happy lovefilm customers exist, which is strange as according to your argument lovefilm give out free games and movies.

1. It's not free.

2. It's not free.

Got it?

To even pretend they are free just makes you look severely lacking in intelligence and sucker.

fillet said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:
crissindahouse said:

That is a winner!

No it isn't.

His argument stands and pezus just making the point that he enjoys the subscription to the games and the way he plays them makes them feel "free"...does not make them "free".

Lovefilm as crissindahouse operates the same way, it's a subscription movie and game service that is generally hated by most due to poor customer service and a monopoly of the uk market...

I don't often hear people saying "love film is great they give me free games and movies".

In fact I have NEVER heard such a stupid and ridiculous thing mentioned by even a happy Lovefilm customer, very few happy lovefilm customers exist, which is strange as according to your argument lovefilm give out free games and movies.

1. It's not free.

2. It's not free.

Got it?

To even pretend they are free just makes you look severely lacking in intelligence and sucker.

As a lovefilm user, I have to say...."huh"?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Lovefilm is one of the most hated companies in the UK, have a google :) just a quick check shows this http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews83680.html

Although now owned technically by amazon, they have the same staff as before takeover.

Anyway, it's OT. Just using to illustrate the obvious to our good old Mr Turkish who likes to day after day work as a PR machine tirelessly.

No doubt PS+ is a good deal and a far better showing than Xbox Live, still not "free games though".