By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 and 3DS will never get below 100k HW for the rest of the year

Will they ever get below 100k?

No, they're the most popular things now 99 64.71%

Yes 53 34.64%

Total:152
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

both will have atleast 1 week under 100k. i wonder whats the lowest the wii will fall to. 10k?

Absolutely no way is the 3DS gonna drop below 100k now the XL will be hitting next week in Japan. That alone should sell over 100k until its launched WW... And the Wik won't fall below 40k this year. It's stabilized. That's as likely as the Vita falling below 15k.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Crap, I accidentally put Yes. xD

OT: I agree for the most part. PS3 might drop a tad below it though.

Conegamer said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

both will have atleast 1 week under 100k. i wonder whats the lowest the wii will fall to. 10k?

Absolutely no way is the 3DS gonna drop below 100k now the XL will be hitting next week in Japan. That alone should sell over 100k until its launched WW... And the Wik won't fall below 40k this year. It's stabilized. That's as likely as the Vita falling below 15k.

your right. the slow period is nearly over aswell. 3DS is gonna be a beast, theres no doubt.

Millenium said:

Don't see anything to halt the dropping of sales in the foreseeable future so I reckon PS3 might dip below it with 3DS staying just above.

How do you factor in New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Demon training in this prediction? The 3DS will soar very shortly, you'll be stargazing.

I say the PS3 won't go below 100k. For the PS3 to go below 100k, it's weekly sales would have to drop 20k between now and the Slim release. I don't see that happening considering that for the past two years, sales for the PS3 have never dipped 20k between a normal July week and the start of the holiday surge.

Around the Network

Did they ever get below 100K weekly last year?

Turkish said:
Did they ever get below 100K weekly last year?

I think this was the lowest week from that point (correct me if wrong):

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
3DS 170,734 (-2%) 20,449,207
PS3 108,721 (-6%) 66,534,097

So no.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

PS3 might dip slightly below it. This gen is now in serious decline mode.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Although it's possible, I suspect there will be two months in the Q3 where PS3 can go below, With a price cut it may be put off.