By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 and 3DS will never get below 100k HW for the rest of the year

Will they ever get below 100k?

No, they're the most popular things now 99 64.71%

Yes 53 34.64%

Total:152

I think it will stay above 100k.

I don't think those titles listed are big enough to help PS3 sales, not significantly anyway.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Slowest weeks of the year, still going strong. :)

With Sony's quarterly comming up soon there still is potential for adjustments to the vgc numbers, so you shouldn't celebrate too early.

I would like to agree but the PS3 would need something to increase sales within the next 2 months, and looking at the graphs for the past few years show that sales will continue to drop for the next couple months until Sept - Oct.

The PS3 sales will drop before the release of the new PS3 model.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

I remember Crazzyman made this prediction for the PS3 a few years back, he would have been right had there not been a supply constraint one week. I say they stay above, both of them.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Turkish said:
VGKing said:
Hopefully not. PS3 has a good chance to stay above 100k.
3DS definitely won't drop that low though. Mostly because of how well it is selling in Japan.

I think the real question here is if Wii and 360 can go above 100k this year again? I'm talking before the big holiday boosts.

Dont think that will happen before holidays and if they dont get pricecut.

The Wii might, because of DQX.

No, just no.  The Wii is selling the WORST in Japan, by a large margin. its not even above 50k. You really think that much people in Japan who would be interested in DQ would not have a Wii by now??

Don't know about 3DS but ps3 probably wont go below 100k because of the new ps3 super slim coming out and with the price cut so yeah....

PS3 will
3DS wont

You would've got this one right, but looks like Sony trolled you by making that redesign. I mean, the week before the hardware redesign/price cut, it's probably gonna dip really low before exploding. That'll mean it goes below 100k for a week or two, even if its overall sales are even higher than expected for the year.
Well, if you get lucky with that one week or so for PS3, looks like you got the 3DS right, at least. Japan alone might keep 3DS above 100k for until XL and NSMB2 hit the rest of the world after this week.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

both will have atleast 1 week under 100k. i wonder whats the lowest the wii will fall to. 10k?