By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW up June 9th (updated with SW)

*barfs*

Mighty fine numbers there! -.-

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:
Nintendo wont be making a loss at launch, will they?

$250 for the console, controller and a game? Really?

Sounds like it. The rumoured components are only going to cost around $160 (tech has moved on so much that tech even twice as good shown in the PS360 can be found for this price) judging from threads and leaks, and the game won't cost anything really. The controller probably costs $30 to make, which leaves $60 to play with in terms of shipping, VAT, import costs, retailers cut etc., so I'd imagine Ninty would break even or make $10-$15 profit on each unit at that cost.

So retailes cut is more like $30-50 and not $90 eh? ;) So my calculations were semi-accurate.

I never forget.

Wheres that darn pricecut for the 360 anyway?

Yay!!!

Wow those are some poor Xbox numbers.. Ps3 and 3ds OK, but not great either. Vita still needs some killer app games and the holiday season should be kinder to it. I still don't think it needs a price cut. Bundle in a memory card and that should help.

People expecting a few hit games to help the Vita are kidding themselves.

I feel it could do okay in Japan with some serious support but in the West its important that they just remain profitable.

Liked the sound of buying a PS3/Vita game get the other version for free if you have a PS Plus sub. Sounds great.

That said who can blow 200 quid on a handheld at the moment. Smartphones are more than enough for mobile gaming.

WiiU had better be very cheap or its not going to take off. The online setup sounds worse than what PSN launched at.

Ynwa.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:
Nintendo wont be making a loss at launch, will they?

$250 for the console, controller and a game? Really?

Sounds like it. The rumoured components are only going to cost around $160 (tech has moved on so much that tech even twice as good shown in the PS360 can be found for this price) judging from threads and leaks, and the game won't cost anything really. The controller probably costs $30 to make, which leaves $60 to play with in terms of shipping, VAT, import costs, retailers cut etc., so I'd imagine Ninty would break even or make $10-$15 profit on each unit at that cost.

So retailes cut is more like $30-50 and not $90 eh? ;) So my calculations were semi-accurate.

I never forget.

No, the PS4 would be more expensive, so it costs more for importing (over the £250 import barrier in the UK, for example), and also retailers would want a bigger cut. So it'd be more like $70-$80, but yeah, not $90

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If the psv outsells the game gear, I'll be happy lol. 36o,wii,vita, psp, and ds numbers make me rofl. So bad...just so bad.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
Wow those are some poor Xbox numbers.. Ps3 and 3ds OK, but not great either. Vita still needs some killer app games and the holiday season should be kinder to it. I still don't think it needs a price cut. Bundle in a memory card and that should help.

are you having a laugh?  

The PSV needs... a bundled memory card sure... but it needs that along with some games people actually want and along with a price cut.

The price cut is essential.. I really dont understand why people cant/wont see this.

If the sales continue like this then developers will be abandoning it in droves by the end of the year.  it is doing spectaculalry badly when compared with just about everything.

Yes hence why I said it needs some killer apps as well as a bundled memory card. Of course a price cut would be nice, but can Sony afford that right now? It also isn't good PR to cut the price so early into the consoles life cycle especially when they have reinforced that there will not be a price cut any time soon. Owners of a vita, including myself, wouldn't be too satisfied either considering they paid a premium. Right now profitability is more important than increasing market share. 

All I think they need to do is keep a steady flow of quality games coming and keep adding features like ps1 classics, new apps etc, alongside good value bundles including a memory card and game. The Assasins creed bundle as an example would be a good start, but also a call of duty bundle is very important during the holidays.

Oh god those are horrible adjustments. Anyone know what the total adjustments are?

Man the 360 for all intents and purposes is just about dead in the water. It may have it's lowest week ever in the coming weeks.

Oh boy... things are not looking for some... well, almost no platforms. The one that`s actually doing really good is PS3.
3DS is doing ok for a platform that in Europe and the States doesn`t have a healthy release schedule.
Xbox 360 is doing well for a console that`s pratically 7 years old.
Wii is on it`s way out. Although i think that Japan can still help a bit with a price cut and DQX.
Vita is doing really bad and that is in fact worrying. I don`t remember how PSP was at launch and after, but if Vita doesn`t a whole lot of games coming and fast not even a price cut+CoD+AC will help it in the west. Not to mention Japan where it still hasn`t got a system seller.