By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW up June 9th (updated with SW)

Sony need to cut the price and pray to god that CoD/AC does something for Vita in the West...

TGS is gonna be huge for them too. If theres no support from JP devs, then Sony mayaswell discontinue it in 2013 and focus all effort on PS4.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Gen is dying, its not dead.

Wii is dead, theres nothing Nintendo can (or will) do to spur interest...

360 and PS3? They still have life. 360 is just overpriced and PS3 is still moving along steadily, even if it is down YoY.

Speaking of YoY, why dont we get YoY posts anymore?

because everything is down... and a bit boring.

wint be interesting again until 2014! lol

btw. I think Vita is still too high on the weekly numbers here... 

I dunno. Late this Year will be fun with WiiU going up against a dying 360/PS3 combo.

Thats the point. Ninty will have to be on an A game with a competitive price.

Its gonna be fun and interesting!

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Gen is dying, its not dead.

Wii is dead, theres nothing Nintendo can (or will) do to spur interest...

360 and PS3? They still have life. 360 is just overpriced and PS3 is still moving along steadily, even if it is down YoY.

Speaking of YoY, why dont we get YoY posts anymore?

because everything is down... and a bit boring.

wint be interesting again until 2014! lol

btw. I think Vita is still too high on the weekly numbers here... 

I dunno. Late this Year will be fun with WiiU going up against a dying 360/PS3 combo.

Yeah, should be fun, watching the old consoles trying to compete with the WiiU

(This is assuming a NintendoLand pack-in, and NSMBU at launch, also a good price, like £220/$249)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nintendo wont be making a loss at launch, will they?

$250 for the console, controller and a game? Really?

Around the Network

Last year:

Wii 173,611
PS3 142,113
X360 140,148
DS 138,400
PSP 116,967
3DS 75,153
Total 786,392

YoY:

3DS +81%
PS3 -15%
X360 -37%
PSP -61%
Wii -70%
DS -71%

Total: -33%
Total minus PSV: -39%

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Carl2291 said:

Sounds like it. The rumoured components are only going to cost around $160 (tech has moved on so much that tech even twice as good shown in the PS360 can be found for this price) judging from threads and leaks, and the game won't cost anything really. The controller probably costs $30 to make, which leaves $60 to play with in terms of shipping, VAT, import costs, retailers cut etc., so I'd imagine Ninty would break even or make $10-$15 profit on each unit at that cost.

Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:

Sounds like it. The rumoured components are only going to cost around $160 (tech has moved on so much that tech even twice as good shown in the PS360 can be found for this price) judging from threads and leaks, and the game won't cost anything really. The controller probably costs $30 to make, which leaves $60 to play with in terms of shipping, VAT, import costs, retailers cut etc., so I'd imagine Ninty would break even or make $10-$15 profit on each unit at that cost.

Sorry, I dont believe that at all. Cant see that tech only costing $160 to produce. Cant see the Gamepad only costing $30 either.

Id like them.to prove me wrong, but I guess we have to wait until closer to launch. Im expecting $300 personally.

Carl2291 said:
Conegamer said:
Carl2291 said:

Sorry, I dont believe that at all. Cant see that tech only costing $160 to produce. Cant see the Gamepad only costing $30 either.

Id like them.to prove me wrong, but I guess we have to wait until closer to launch. Im expecting $300 personally.

Perhaps. It'd be easier to do when we actually know what's in the system, rather than speculating...

Rumours circling around lately suggest the WiiU will cost around £220, or even as low as £199. There's some rumours about it being as high as £250, but, of course, the 3DS was also rumoured to be of a similar price from a similar retailer.

Until Nintendo announces anything, we can only guess. The lower the better for me.

kowenicki said:
Vita adjusted down quite a bit in US historically. Does anyone still actually believe its just about the games?

It is just about the games. Which is why it isn't selling very well.