By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 2012 NPD - Diablo III:1m; X360:160k; PS3:124k; Wii:71k; 3DS:113.5k; PSV:~54k -

The Nintendo DS is still eating a good part of the 3DS market. With 50% of the DS sells the 3DS would have been the top selling System of the month.

Around the Network
sensebringer said:
The Nintendo DS is still eating a good part of the 3DS market. With 50% of the DS sells the 3DS would have been the top selling System of the month.

Agree,

One scarey thing though that I just noticed

DSi is $179

3DS is $229

DSi XL is $249

Cobretti2 said:
sensebringer said:

Agree,

DSi is $179

3DS is $229

DSi XL is $249

Where?

VicViper said:
Cobretti2 said:
sensebringer said:

Agree,

DSi is $179

3DS is $229

DSi XL is $249

Where?

Dammit. I thought I typed it (in my head I did).

In Australia 3DS is cheaper then Dsi XL lol. Makes me wonder if retailers know it is next gen or not.

Cobretti2 said:
VicViper said:
Cobretti2 said:
sensebringer said:

Agree,

DSi is $179

3DS is $229

DSi XL is $249

Where?

In Australia 3DS is cheaper then Dsi XL lol. Makes me wonder if retailers know it is next gen or not.

Not just in Australia, in Japan too.

3DS: Y 15.000

DSi XL: Y 18.000

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Cobretti2 said:
VicViper said:
Cobretti2 said:
sensebringer said:

Agree,

DSi is $179

3DS is $229

DSi XL is $249

Where?

Not just in Australia, in Japan too.

3DS: Y 15.000

DSi XL: Y 18.000

In my opinion, what is killing the handheld market is not the price of the hardware, but the price of the software. I have heard time and time again parents on the Amazon forums talking about how they bought an Ipod Touch or a cheap tablet for their kids so they can buy "cheap games for them", and I have also heard that one of the cons of buying the 3DS is because "the games are expensive"  If we think about it with the 40 dollars that costs a Vita or 3DS game in USA, a parent can buy 15 or 20 games for their kids on the Android market or the Appstore.

Last year in May difference between PS360 was 100K, now its 35K, itll be fun to watch the holiday sales, especially with the WiiU.

yeah PS3 sure will have big sales with many big exclusives
very fun to watch

By god, Starhawk and Sorcery bombed it seems. Max Payne did terrible(Which I am not surprised by, it's an average game :), diablo ruling the roost it seems.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Gotta say though, those Wii numbers look dire. Probably just the norm now though since i haven't checked NPD in a long time.