By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Less Powerful Than The Nintendo WiiU? Dream On, Says Shuhei Yoshida

wfz said:
Player1x3 said:
On VGChartz we have this mental protocol that is sealed in our brain which makes us assume that an impressive, powerful hardware immediately means that its extremely expensive, unaffordable and that is company going bankrupt

And you came in here with more wisdom to educate everyone on how higher-end technology isn't actually more expensive... go!

More expensive ? Yes. Expensive ? Not necessarily. But most people here can't really comprehend that

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

Alternate headline:

PS4 less expensive that the Nintendo Wii U? Dream On! Says Shuhei Yoshida.

Edit:  YAlso, y gotta love how Sony has been putting all this emphasis on hardware power, knocking Nintendo for not truly being "next gen" and for having two underpowered consoles in a row... when the two most successful Sony consoles were less powerful than their closest competitors in each of the last two generations.

I don't think the gap in power of the PS2 and Xbox was of the same magnitude as the Wii and PS3. It was more on the lines of the difference between 360 and PS3, not a generation level difference.

Silly questions gets silly answer. The PS4 is going to be at least a year behind the Wii U so all other things being equal (e.g. price) we can expect at least PS2 to GC/Xbox hardware differences.

The only question is how much more powerful they are going to be and that's going to be largely determined by the price point they settle on. With Sony's financials as they are I can't imagine they are going to go for a loss-leading strategy this time. At least not to any significant extent as they no longer have a hugely profitable previous generation console to boost division profits until such time as the PS4's price can be brought down. For Sony I expect a $400 console at launch that boasts a moderate step in power over the Wii U (whatever the Wii U can do at 720p, the PS4 will do better at 1080p)

Sony to be 1st confirmed.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Player1x3 said:
wfz said:
Player1x3 said:
On VGChartz we have this mental protocol that is sealed in our brain which makes us assume that an impressive, powerful hardware immediately means that its extremely expensive, unaffordable and that is company going bankrupt

And you came in here with more wisdom to educate everyone on how higher-end technology isn't actually more expensive... go!

More expensive ? Yes. Expensive ? Not necessarily. But most people here can't really comprehend that

i think real world consumers have more weight than a few hardcore gamers on ONE forum. Look waht happeend with the PS3, 3DS and now VITA.

price it wrong for the mass market, and you don't sell.

Around the Network

i think mass market price for a product is 300 or cheaper, anything beyond that is not going to sell well

Yeah, and the PS2 was more powerful than the Gamecube...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

What arrogance. Let Yoshida dream Sony will be alive in 2016.

It's not like Sony never released a console less powerful than Nintendo. Granted, the tables have now turned (because Nintendo got smarter?), so why would you be proud of not learning from VG history is anyone's guess.

Dream on of being smart Mister Yoshida Sans

No surprises here...

...but can he release a spec sheet for the WiiU please?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

happydolphin said:
What arrogance. Let Yoshida dream Sony will be alive in 2016.

It's not like Sony never released a console less powerful than Nintendo. Granted, the tables have now turned (because Nintendo got smarter?), so why would you be proud of not learning from VG history is anyone's guess.

Dream on of being smart Mister Yoshida Sans

How is this arrogance? He is answering a troll question, if someone asked Iwata if Wii U will be as strong as the Wii, he may not answer it at all, but if he does it in this way I wouldn't call it arrogance at all.

It was stupid question to begin with.