By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you’re buying a Mature game, don’t bring younger siblings

what the heck,that has never happened to me and my brother though(hes the older one)

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

kind of like trying to get alcohol for younglings.

the Wii is an epidemic.

That's pretty stupid of Best Buy...but then again, it's obvious he was buying the game for his younger brother, he was the one with the gift cards...so I don't really care.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I read this; I think they're both at fault: The custumer acted like an ass when unneccesary, and the Best Buy workers acted like an ass when unneccisarly

Stupid fat red head :) .....lol

^_^

Around the Network

Makes since to me, he was buying the game for his younger brother so it is basically the same as his younger brother trying to buy the game himself.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Just make sure the person that is buying the game is the same person paying. The policy is the same for alcohol. If an adult is with a minor buying beer, and the minor pulls out the cash to pay, the teller is not allowed to sell the adult the alcohol. Either leave them in the car or get the money from them in advance.

I haven't seen this directly happen but at the Babbage's in the local mall I saw an adult buying some mature rated video game and he had his son with him who looked to be about 12 or 13 and I overheard the cashier making a big deal about it and he was telling the dad that he had to take the cash from him and had to give the bag to him and the kid couldn't touch it until after they had left the store.

PC Gamer

Not sure since this story is about the brother, but if it's the parent buying the game for them I don't think the store can (should?) stop the transaction. Because consent is obviously given by the parent/guardian. It's just like showing DVDs to underage people at home, this can't be compared to alcohol.

Why did he stay and argue for three hours? He could've just come back alone later after they've forgotten him or something.