By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphical comparison of Batman Arkham City: Wii U vs PS3

Chrizum said:

What did you say, Gilgamesh?

WiiU better, but don't shoot the messenger I didn't make the article -_-'

Those pics dont give it to much justice though, on the PS3 version the building on the right is very detailed and on the WiiU verison its a blurred mess...

Around the Network

One thing screen shots can't convey: Technical issues.

I only played the game on 360 and it's been months since I played it (though I will be playing Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC later on today) so I can't remember if the game even had any issues. Still, if the Wii U version runs smoother, with less pop up, less pop in, and less jaggies, it could very well be the best version.

Well Digital Foundry says the Xbox 360 version was slightly better looking?

tonymarraffa said:
Why aren't they using xbox 360 shots as it was slightly better looking?

They're practically indistinguishable.

That second Wii U shot looks hideous, that better not be the final product.

Not much of a difference.

Around the Network

Well Digital Doundry Stated that:
Wii U version has bigger texture resolution compared to PS360
Wii U version is from start to finish V-synced, PS360 are not and tear sometimes
Wii U version has more lightining sources and so on, and uses motion blur and Anti-Aliasing, while PS360 dont use any of them.

Not to forget that controller screen is eating resources, Wii U wins

Seems like.

Wii finally caught up to U

in the graphics department.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

deskpro2k3 said:
Seems like.

Wii finally caught up to U

in the graphics department.

That was so cheesy.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Could it be that the in the exploding tower picture, the blurriness of the building to the right and the background in the Wii U version is trying to mimic the eye? As in, whatever's not in your focus becomes blurry. The tower is in focus, while the buildings around it are not. It's just a thought.

Anyhow, I feel like a lot of the technical differences between the two versions, unless they REALLY improved Arkham City for Wii U, would be like the differences between the PS2 and GC versions of Resident Evil 4.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."