By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphical comparison of Batman Arkham City: Wii U vs PS3

spurgeonryan said:
False Advertisement. Come to the nintendo news thread and you will see real comparisons. Nice try gilgy!

Hey I'm just posting news articles, I don't have to agree with them.

Around the Network

What did you say, Gilgamesh?

spurgeonryan said:
False Advertisement. Come to the nintendo news thread and you will see real comparisons. Nice try gilgy!

well a picture with the real comparisson would have been appreciated instead of just a reply, but they look legit in my opinion lol

Chrizum said:

Holy fuck look at them banners and that airship, next gen here we come

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I think those pics are from the character viewer in Arkham City. They're the actual models used in the game, though. Not bullshots. I actually think they look better (at least the 360 version does) running on my TV. Looks a little pixelated here (using my laptop).

Around the Network
chapset said:
Chrizum said:

Lol.  What's really interesting is looking at the buildings in the background.  On the PS3 version you can see more detail than in the Wii U version.  In fact, they completely removed the fencing on the building directly to the left of the tower.  And several buildings to the right are lacking details, like fencing and antennas.  Also, I guess next gen means no depth of field blur?  Boo!

Edit: A good example is to look at the small tower to the right.  On the Wii U it looks just like a blob of color, with no real detail.  In the PS3 version, you can still see details, like the fencing on it, as well as a staircase that spirals up the outside of it.  Also, the lights on top of the buildings next to this tower just look like blobs of purple, where on the PS3 version they are clearly defined.  It seems the only thing the Wii U stands out on is the AA.

Why aren't they using xbox 360 shots as it was slightly better looking?

Would be better if like-for-like, but the WiiU looks better.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

thismeintiel said:
chapset said:
Chrizum said:

Lol.  What's really interesting is looking at the buildings in the background.  On the PS3 version you can see more detail than in the Wii U version.  In fact, they completely removed the fencing on the building directly to the left of the tower.  and several building to the right are lacking details, like fencing and antennas.  Also, I guess next gen means no depth of field blur?  Boo!

I noticed that too. More dark and less detailed. Nonetheless it will be great for Wii U owners to be able to enjoy this game.

tonymarraffa said:
Why aren't they using xbox 360 shots as it was slightly better looking?

No the PS3 version was a bit better looking. But they should use the PC version a comparison