By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Missed both matches today, had to work earlier...

Around the Network

lestatdark said:

Don't worry, it's usually the same around here. The whole Ronaldo vs Messi debacle is really out of proportions, especially with those who side in favour of "Ronaldo's da best player forever" because they start pointing fingers at you for not being "patriotic" or some nonsense like that.

I agree that Messi suffered a lot with Maradona's tactics in the WC, but that was just a reflection of how poorly the team was placed in the field. Basically Argentina had no midfield to support the offensive and there was a big hole in the middle, which led to a lot of wasted potential. I don't doubt he was the best player in the CA, but IMO, he's on a whole different level to any American player so that kind of award should come naturally to him. 

When big competitions arise, that's usually a very big problem at least for the "latin" countries. I still remember when Figo was constantly being bombarded with criticism for some of his "poorer" performances for the national side, criticism that was borderline laughable (he was our best player, by far. Much better than Ronaldo is and probably will be) mostly because he had a long draught in goals...but he was consistently on top of the goal assists, passes and recoveries most of the times. 

Well, that makes me feel better. I thought all the idiots in the world of football were concentrated around me.

Oh! Don't even remind me that! It was Mascherano against Schweinsteiger, Muller, Podolski and Ozil. The poor guy... And people insulted him too, of course... He was insulted by the same people who wanted Maradona to stay on as a coach. That speaks for itself, I think...

TeddostheFireKing said:
I'm thinking Germany will put out a skeleton side against Denmark, casually letting themselves to be beaten, which should ensure both Portugal and Netherlands both go out >:D

Imagine if the netherlands casually goes with that and lets Portugal win for more than 2 goals... its bye bye germany.

Its a dangerous game to play, and im sure the dutch would be eager to play it.

Germany having 6 points and still a chance (even if remote) of going out shows why this is the Group of Death. Great games both of them.

Hmm, pie.

Naninho said:

lestatdark said:

Don't worry, it's usually the same around here. The whole Ronaldo vs Messi debacle is really out of proportions, especially with those who side in favour of "Ronaldo's da best player forever" because they start pointing fingers at you for not being "patriotic" or some nonsense like that.

I agree that Messi suffered a lot with Maradona's tactics in the WC, but that was just a reflection of how poorly the team was placed in the field. Basically Argentina had no midfield to support the offensive and there was a big hole in the middle, which led to a lot of wasted potential. I don't doubt he was the best player in the CA, but IMO, he's on a whole different level to any American player so that kind of award should come naturally to him. 

When big competitions arise, that's usually a very big problem at least for the "latin" countries. I still remember when Figo was constantly being bombarded with criticism for some of his "poorer" performances for the national side, criticism that was borderline laughable (he was our best player, by far. Much better than Ronaldo is and probably will be) mostly because he had a long draught in goals...but he was consistently on top of the goal assists, passes and recoveries most of the times. 

Well, that makes me feel better. I thought all the idiots in the world of football were concentrated around me.

Oh! Don't even remind me that! It was Mascherano against Schweinsteiger, Muller, Podolski and Ozil. The poor guy... And people insulted him too, of course... He was insulted by the same people who wanted Maradona to stay on as a coach. That speaks for itself, I think...

Personally I think that Mascherano is one of your best players, he has a positional view like few players and knows how to bring just the right amount of intensity to the defensive midfield without overlooking the game construction of the team. 

He's one of my favourite MDfs.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

God we played worthless against the Germans. Bert (Coach) and his team are living in a dream world. To say they played 'well but unlucky' is just a disgrace to the people back here. They played like shit. The back sucked. Van Der Wiel is not capable of simply passing a ball. Van Bommel NEEDS to accept he isn't 27 anymore. He just simply can't keep up. He should be covering Gomez in his first goal but he was eating out of his nose in mid field. Same for De Jong. Haven't seen him all game long. He should take the tempo out of the game from the Germans. He should cover Ozil (which wasn't even playing that good, kinda disappointing.) Then there is this idiotic attack tactic. Bert's 'plan' was to start attacks from the left or right back. But these guys (LB Willems is 18 years old and has played just 8 months at the highest level in the Netherlands) aren't capable of even reaching midfield. And if they reach it, they can't even give a decent pass. The there is Robben on right which is just plain stupid. Playing against half of his own team's defense on the exact same position. Everyone knows he will cut inside and try to shoot by himself. The fact that the top scorer of the German Bundesliga wasn't in the game from the first minute is just a disgrace. He has scored the most games in all of Europe behind Messi and Ronaldo. Our coach thinks that his system is the only system. Fact of the matter is, his system doesn't work anymore but he refuses to change it. Most of you won't know it but here in the Netherlands the public opinion of Bert van Marwijk is very negative at the moment. He keeps setting up van Bommel (his son in law) whom is not capable to perform on this level anymore.

What annoys me the most is that they dare to say that they played well in the first 20 minutes which is simply a disgrace. They played useless. Especially the defense and midfield sucked. Sneijder should be on Van Bommels position. This will result in a much more creative midfield. And the problem is, van Persie is not van Persie when Huntelaar isn't playing. Every ball touch, every pass everything he does, he's thinking about it. 'Is this the right pass? Should I shoot? What if I miss? Do I get substituted with Huntelaar?' He has an enormous amount of pressure. After everything he does, he looks to the side if Huntelaar is warming up or not. I can imagine that he's not capable of scoring in this situation. The amount of stress was even more visible in the game against Denmark. When he tried to shoot but completely missed the ball, you could see how stressed he was. Especially in slow-motion. Squeezing in his hands, his face expression, everything. He is way to nervous.

Germans are not to blame. They played very well (though I think they can do even better). Gomez is a machine. What an amazing goal scorer! Both goals were simply brilliant. Van Marwijk (miraculously) can still reach the next round. The question is, do we really deserve it? After 2 completely worthless games? Though, if they really want to, they NEED to change players. It's almost impossible, but in football, everything is possible. Even miracles. But there has to come some radical changes.

About time. Good play by Italy

What a free kick by Pirlo. He might be one of the best executers in recent history, giving him such a possibility is almost suicide by any team.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ohh god damn Pizza cocks

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?