By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Kuba !!!

Around the Network

awesome strike by Kuba

Brilliant goal.

Wikipedia has already been updated for Błaszczykowski for his goal. Some people are obessed.

Hmm, pie.

so somebody outside the stadion just got beat to dead?

Lostplanet22 said:
so somebody outside the stadion just got beat to dead?

that would explain the army of police surrounding the Russian fans

Around the Network

So the only way for greece to advance is if they win against russia, and poland and czech republic play a draw?

Player1x3 said:
So the only way for greece to advance is if they win against russia, and poland and czech republic play a draw?

Applying the rules I found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012 I believe:

If Greece wins and Czech Republic draws then Greece advances for certain and Russia advances only if they lose with a 4 goal difference or less.

If Greece wins and Czech Republic doesn't draw then Czech Republic/Poland is first in group, Greece is second

Today is D-day for us (the Dutch). I've followed every step of the team and I think we are more than ready to even win. After the game against Denmark I didn't have any hope left for us, but the team seems ready to beat the Germans. There has come some kind of atmosphere around the team. The last time we saw this was back 2 years ago in South-Africa. They are finally having some fun. They all seem relaxed and happy. Sneijder seems very excited for the game and I think he will carry the whole team today past the Germans. It also seems that Huntelaar and Van Persie will play from the first minute. I think he will drop Van Bommel and gives that position to Sneijder. Arjan Robben will be playing on the left side in contrary to last game. Meanwhile Afellay moves to the right and in front Van Persie with Huntelaar behind him. De Jong will be covering Mesut Ozil. It's essential that he has a minimal amount of time on/with the ball.

Next to De Jong, Sneijder will be ready to set up a attack. He has way more creativity and is capable of giving great passes toward the left or right(instead of Van Bommel). Due to this, the attack will begin mostly on the center of midfield in contrary to a attack from the left or right back. Sneijder is also capable of moving forward to shoot from outside the penalty area with his great shot.

With those changes, and our players finally in a good mood, I think we can actually beat Ze Germans. Also, with Robben on right he is much less predictable against his own team mates. He will be able to give passes to our attackers Huntelaar and Van Persie, both capable of scoring with a header or by foot.

Play Ozil out the game is a good thing but don't ignore the rest of the team. Many great players. I'd love Netherlands to win to open up the group entirely for the last games.

In the last day 2 people have commented about my 'bad choice' of Walcott for my fantasy football. Here I was thinking the best right midfield England have would be a good choice.

Hmm, pie.

It's Netherlands best chance right now. Never seen our German team as bad as at the moment. (That's of course a lie. I watched plenty of games between 1998 and 2004)