By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i only caught it in the second half as i was watching some wimbledon,only one team in it in extra time,the only teams that can beat spain are playng tonight,the germans with their extra days will most likely have too much for italy the further it goes but you can never write italians off

i don't find spain bad at all,i think they are a fantastic team with 3 finals in a row plus a WC and EC iniesta is a true football great

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
AndrewWK said:
Kynes said:

If we can win with Del Bosque, imagine what can we do with a good coach. Maybe play good football?

They should bring Aragones back, or try to hire Guardiola. Altough this would be a big risk. My favourite would be Rafael Benitéz.

Aragones won't come back, just by his age and the way he was treated. Meanwhile, Del Bosque has had his contract extended just before the Croatia match, two more agonizing years.

Two more agonizing  years with the manager that won WC 2010 and coached Real Madrid  from 1999 to 2003, the most successful period in the club's modern era

I can certainly see how some might find it boring with all those passes across and the back and forth but to me its just entertaining to watch players like Iniesta thread the needle in tiny spaces, its football magic at times!
This game was a wake-up call for Spain though, and Germany or Italy (whichever meets them in the finals), they can be shaken and disrupted midfield, which can potentially ruin their entire play.
Kudos to Portugal for having the massive balls to counter the Spanish systematic play.
Spain also needs to shed one huge error in their way if they want to win in the finals; they refuse to play out open players on the flanks when they're entering the opponents home box, they insist on punching through on the cerntral field towards the 16-meter mark, this won't work against a good defensive team (Italy and Portugal showed them as much) and Germany are not only great on the defense, they're the most dangerous counter team in the world in my opinion.

Player1x3 said:
TomaTito said:
AndrewWK said:
Kynes said:

If we can win with Del Bosque, imagine what can we do with a good coach. Maybe play good football?

They should bring Aragones back, or try to hire Guardiola. Altough this would be a big risk. My favourite would be Rafael Benitéz.

Aragones won't come back, just by his age and the way he was treated. Meanwhile, Del Bosque has had his contract extended just before the Croatia match, two more agonizing years.

Two more agonizing  years with the manager that won WC 2010 and coached Real Madrid  from 1999 to 2003, the most successful period in the club's modern era

The success gives him right. But Spain is not playing like they did i Austria. They where invincible then. But as long as they keep beting the German I am fine with it.

those two scoreless draws in a row have dropped the average goals per match. now barely 2 goals per match.

taking out the offside rule would make this game a lot more open and higher scoring.

Around the Network

take out the offside rule? why not stick a zero contact rule in as well or increase the goal mouths to the width of the pitch, comical.

seriously, stick to basketball if you want high scoring games.

Euro 2012 Soccer Championship, Part 2: The action

It’s been an action-packed tournament, to soccer fans’ delight, with more than two dozen matches played in Poland and the Ukraine during the European 2012 Soccer Championship. It’s down to four teams from the sixteen that qualified, and the final match will be played July 1 at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev. -- Lloyd Young(41 photos total)
Ukrainian forward Andriy Voronin (right) vies with Swedish defender Andreas Granqvist during the Euro 2012 championships soccer match between Ukraine and Sweden on June 11 at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev. Ukraine won 2-1. (Sergei Supinsky/AFP/Getty Images)

English goalkeeper Joe Hart (right) vies with Italian forward Mario Balotelli during the Euro 2012 soccer championships quarterfinal match between England and Italy on June 24 at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev. Italy won in a shootout. (Giuseppe Cacace/AFP/Getty Images) #

French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris (right) stops a shot by Spanish forward Fernando Torres during the Euro 2012 soccer championships quarterfinal match between Spain and France on June 23 at the Donbass Arena in Donetsk. Spain won 2-0. (Jeff Pachoud/AFP/Getty Images) #

Russian forward Pavel Pogrebnyak heads the ball during the Euro 2012 championships soccer match between Greece and Russia on June 16 at the National Stadium in Warsaw. Greece won 1-0. (Natalia Kolesnikova/AFP/Getty Images) #

41 photos part 2 "the action":

40 photos part 1 "the fans" 

JazzyJeez said:
take out the offside rule? why not stick a zero contact rule in as well or increase the goal mouths to the width of the pitch, comical.

seriously, stick to basketball if you want high scoring games.

hear hear

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I must be bored. Going to watch my first soccer match in years. Go Italia.

Haters keep hating. Spain continues to make history. If they win the final they'll achieve something nobody has ever reached before. Winning 3 big titles in a row.

Funny how people gives compliments to the Portuguese and say how badly Spain played, when they were pretty even for 90 minutes and Spain even deserved to score in extra time. This only shows how GREAT this team is.

That said, I also have to admit that with every tournament they've played worse than before, after they started winning, but it's very difficult to stay on top for so long and it proves what a fantastic generation of players they had and still have.

People don't see their greatness now, maybe because they're tired of seeing them win, but one day they'll get the credit back they deserve.

OT: Del Bosque please FUCK OFF after the final, we need a real coach, not a grandpa that almost gets asleep during the match.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey