By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is the only one in the room displaying leadership and innovation.

d21lewis said:
Euphoria14 said:

It wasn't ignored. It was taken into consideration and the goalposts were shifted.

This is the part where it doesn't matter who thought of it first or who released it first. It becomes a matter of who's device goes "mainstream" first.

You will learn all of this in time.

Just to be clear, my point of view on Nintend is exactly the same as it's been when I first came to this site in 2007.  Maybe somebody shifted the goals but that somebody is not me:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=146583

That post wasn't aimed at you at all.

It was because the goal posts shifted within this very thread.

First it was who thought of it first, with the iPad being the example when brought up against the WiiU. Then Move is brought up.

It then quickly shifts to who releases it first, thus flip flopping on the previous claim. Then devices are brought up that do things like WiiSports.

Then it becomes who had a big conference and not who released it first. You are not a leader or innovator unless you spend millions to have giant conferences to display your product.

In the end it always becomes who brought it to the mainstream first, although that still goes back and supports the initial iPad counter argument..

I guess next comes the argument of "Nintendo released good games", yet Angry Birds was downloaded by hundreds of millions of people. But as we all know there is an excuse for that one too.

In the end every good point that proves them wrong is ultimately acted as if it never existed and Nintendo invents everything. That or there is always a shifting of the goal posts, even though those shifts ends up supported on of the previous counter arguments, but they are all conviently ignored and swept under the rug as those goalposts continue to move down the field.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
d21lewis said:
Euphoria14 said:

It wasn't ignored. It was taken into consideration and the goalposts were shifted.

This is the part where it doesn't matter who thought of it first or who released it first. It becomes a matter of who's device goes "mainstream" first.

Just to be clear, my point of view on Nintend is exactly the same as it's been when I first came to this site in 2007.  Maybe somebody shifted the goals but that somebody is not me:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=146583

Oh, my bad.  The little guy piloting my brain accidentally hit the "We're under attack!" button and I went into defense mode.  Sorry.

d21lewis said:
Euphoria14 said:
d21lewis said:
Euphoria14 said:

Oh, my bad.  The little guy piloting my brain accidentally hit the "We're under attack!" button and I went into defense mode.  Sorry.

No problem.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

d21lewis said:
Euphoria14 said:

And that is the thing.  The innovation and leadership part means to take something and come to market with the right time with it, when there is no track record of sales that it will be successful, but have the proper vision it can take off and be successful.  It doesn't mean you invented a form of the invention first, but came out with it in time.  Even Apple ends up not really releasing any tech that is point blank new. What they do is get it to work in a form customers want.

d21lewis said:

And I raise you... THE ACTIVATOR!

Around the Network

that x360 controller with wii u on it is definately innovation.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
at least Nintendo is original

they don't just wait and copy like some others...and please don't post ancient stuff to claim Nintendo has copied...

for me, if Nintendo wasn't creating stuff, i would be totally bored of gaming, seriously

nitendo is taking current technology adjusting it and making it a part of a console experience, this isnt creating stuff its using technology in a diffrent way for a diffrent exprience, although i admit they did create a great controler. 

zgamer5 said:

Thing is that it isn't an X360 controller.  It is more like Nintendo looked at both the 360 and PS3 controller and did their own analog stick alignment that is in the same place it is with the WiiU.  The changes to the WiiU controller over the year likely came from the industry telling Nintendo it needed more features like what was is seen with the PS3 and 360: two more shoulder buttons and two analog sticks (not pads) that are able to be pressed in.

Comparing it to a 360 controller is probably done by someone who is a Sony fan, because they don't like the analog sticks apparently anywhere but underneath the rest of the other buttons. (Let's see, check profile... yep, see the top multiplatform titles played on the PS3 and only the PS3.  Check).

I'm sure the wii-u will sell well to fanboys and casuals. but what gamers care about are games. and between the 3 big events sony won.
-
also dust 514 and watchdogs looks to be the most innovative and unique games coming out.
Dust 514 is a shooter interacting with eve online. with the markets connecting
Watchdogs just looks awesome.

richardhutnik said:
zgamer5 said:

Thing is that it isn't an X360 controller.  It is more like Nintendo looked at both the 360 and PS3 controller and did their own analog stick alignment that is in the same place it is with the WiiU.  The changes to the WiiU controller over the year likely came from the industry telling Nintendo it needed more features like what was is seen with the PS3 and 360: two more shoulder buttons and two analog sticks (not pads) that are able to be pressed in.

Comparing it to a 360 controller is probably done by someone who is a Sony fan, because they don't like the analog sticks apparently anywhere but underneath the rest of the other buttons. (Let's see, check profile... yep, see the top multiplatform titles played on the PS3 and only the PS3.  Check).

its an x360 controler with a switched up position for the buttons and the controller.

im comparing to the 360 controller because it looks like one(size,buttons,dpad, shoulder buttons) not because im a sony fan lol. 

what the hell does that mean?? and are you linking software sales to the placement of analog sticks??