By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - One thing Obama won't change

there is one main issue US politics that sadly has never changed in 60 years, one thing even Mr. Change himself BH Obama isn't willing to do and that's stop being so pro-israel. it's an problem that despite the release of movie's like occupation 101 has still not been solved. israel is still opressing palestinians, the US is still giving israel $10 billion each year, the fatah dictatorship is still in power rather than the democratically elected hamas government. like i said before, not one candidate for US presedential election nominations has the balls to stand up for what's right, tell AIPAC to f**k off and stop being biased against the most opressed people in the world. well i guess my dream that my people may be helped by any western power is not ever going to be anything but a dream.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

Around the Network

I like fish'es 'cause they're so delicious...

iberz said:
there is one main issue US politics that sadly has never changed in 60 years, one thing even Mr. Change himself BH Obama isn't willing to do and that's stop being so pro-israel. it's an problem that despite the release of movie's like occupation 101 has still not been solved. israel is still opressing palestinians, the US is still giving israel $10 billion each year, the fatah dictatorship is still in power rather than the democratically elected hamas government. like i said before, not one candidate for US presedential election nominations has the balls to stand up for what's right, tell AIPAC to f**k off and stop being biased against the most opressed people in the world. well i guess my dream that my people may be helped by any western power is not ever going to be anything but a dream.

QFT.

That's why in 2000 I voted for Nader. unfortunately AIPAC controls US politicians and therefore a pro-peace candidate will never emerge. They all must parrot the 'we love Isreal more' crap.

BTW,  my wife is also of Palestinian heritage. Her father's family fled to Jordan and then eventually the US during the 1967 war when he was a teenager. They are from Deir Debwan (sp?), just south of Rahmallah.

The Israel-Palestine dispute is a lot more two-sided and confusing than you're making it sound. Palestine's desires aren't realistic, and their methods are barbaric. And even if the US wasn't pro-Israel, it wouldn't matter. Israel can stand on its own. History proved this.

why do your people need the western world to help you? are you not capable of solving your own problems?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network

@scruff7 - Because the western world broke it(UK) and is currently financing it(US).

@Scruff7

Because we are all humans.

TheBigFatJ said:
The Israel-Palestine dispute is a lot more two-sided and confusing than you're making it sound. Palestine's desires aren't realistic, and their methods are barbaric. And even if the US wasn't pro-Israel, it wouldn't matter. Israel can stand on its own. History proved this.

Palestine has barbaric methods? Need I remind you that the Israeli president himself ordered a combat helicopter to fly in and shoot a Hellfire missile right in the middle of a burial procession to kill a man in a wheelchair (Hamas-leader Ahmed Yassin)?

No, the methods on both sides are equally baleful and barbaric, the difference is that everything Israel does as a state is sanctioned by the west... 

TheBigFatJ said:

two-sided = true.

unrealistic = false.

Israel was created illegally and under racists conditions. It should not exist. However, it is recognized by the world and is obviously not going anywhere. Therefore at this point and time Palestinians should recognize Israel and try to move on for their own statehood.

PA wants land back to the 1967 borders, basically all the land that was taken by means of war. According the the Geneva conventions and world law that is what should happen.

PA wants to be able to return to their homes that were taken in all wars since Israel's creation. Again, world law and Geneva conventions agree. Personally, if the land was fully given back and Israel gave $$ in exchange for the homes I would think that they would for-go the Right of Return.

What exactly is the mass of the PA asking for that is unrealistic? That the laws of this world be actually upheld? Granted there are those, Hamas, that want more and need to be realistic with themselves based on what has happened since 1948, but, for the last few years the Arabs as a coalition, including the PA, has agreed that if Israel moved itself completely back the the 'green line' of 1967 they all would have full normal ties with Israel.

However, Israel refuses to follow international law and will continue to do so as long as it is backed by the US.

Oh, and I forgot your barbaric statement. It was touched upon by another poster, but I will just say that you really should read about the pre-Israeli Jewish terrorist organizations, Irgun and Stern Gang, that will give you all info you need to know where and how the current Palestinian groups learned to fight. For starters they completely wiped out a palestinian village of all people and animals just prior to Israel's creation. They bombed hotels and homes of British military personel in the Palestinian Province when it was under British control. Their tactics of the original terror are the reasons the British left and Israel officially formed. This is where Hamas and others learned that terror can work.

Also: Israel, and Jerusalem especially are given too much value.
A field general in the 1100's crusades was overheard once saying; "We have sand and limestone in England as well, but I don't see thousands do battle over it..."
Needless to say, he was not a devout christian. Maybe he figured that this meaningless conflict would endure through the ages?