By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - One thing Obama won't change

Kasz216 said:
superchunk said:
Kasz216 said:

Who says I haven't seen it? Nice assumption.

You've got the order wrong. They can't move back until the violence stops. Not the other way around.

Who is going to move back and concentrate their population while they're being attacked? Not only does the violence hve to stop, but other nations have to stop threatining israel.

Concentrate their population? WTF are you talking about. The part of Israeli population that is not already on "their" side of the '67 border is living in military outposts and illegal settlements. The later of which is also military outposts and has been condemned by everyone including the last few US Presidents. They total less than 500k people out of over 6m people. MOVE THEM!!

All they need to do is follow international law. Is that so hard to understand. Laws says these people are living on land that they took illegally, they need to be relocated back to your lands. So do it.

As for the other nations threating Israel. When Clinton was still president all of the Arab nations came together and drafted a full peace plan. In it they asked for '67 borders and right of return in exchange for full normal relationship with EVERY ARAB NATION. Israel declined. They didn't even offer anything else to continue the dialogue. In fact the only groups to denounce it were all the extreamest, Israel, Hamas, and I think Libya.

No matter what happens there will always be groups that want Israel removed, see Hamas. But, that is not who they are even talking to. If they gave the PA the '67 borders and a real compensation and assitance to rebuild Palestine in exchange for the right of return the mass of the people would not support the extreamist.

When was the last act of violence directed towards Israel that came from someone besides Hamas? Ever since the PA and Hamas formally split and Israel vacated Gaza, the only violence has been between Hamas and Israel. And that is usually a tit for tat situation. Israel fires open weapons civilian areas to hit a Hamas person. Usually killing few innocents. Hamas blindly shoots rockets into Israel. Usually doint property damage if that.

Its been over a year since anything else, I could be wrong but I definitely cannot think of anything else. Guess what PA and Hamas are not friends. Give PA a viable state and funding, they will take care of Hamas to ensure they are kept in power. Not to mention if they have funding they could start to gain their populaces favor again as they would begin to do all of the social necessities like schools and hospitals that Hamas has been doing in Gaza and to a lesser extant in WB for years due to underground funding from supporters.

Over a year? It's gonna take more than a year. You close your borders and it's easier for people to infiltrate and get to your main population base.

There is going to have to be a downturn in violence. That's whow it works.

You want a peace solution? Palestein should give up the leaders of Hamas for War Crimes and Crime against humanity trials then. Like the Global Human Rights watch says. Get rid of Hamas first, then a peace can be made.

Otherwise your asking Israel to give up land, to people who are electing people who want to kill them.

You are right, there would need to be a downturn in violence. FROM BOTH SIDES!!  War Crimes? wtf. So continuously launching missles from helicopters on a public mass to get one bad guy is not considered a war crime as well? You seriously need to look up the definition of unbiased.

I asking Israel to follow international laws that as a state, internationally recognized as an occupier it should be forced to do. 

Around the Network
Troll_Monster said:
TheBigFatJ said:
The Israel-Palestine dispute is a lot more two-sided and confusing than you're making it sound. Palestine's desires aren't realistic, and their methods are barbaric. And even if the US wasn't pro-Israel, it wouldn't matter. Israel can stand on its own. History proved this.

This whole Israel-Palestine issue was caused by America; they are the one's who stole land from the Palestine to give to the Israelis after the 2nd world war. The invaders are the Israelis not the Palestinians, so it's only natural for the Palestinians to fight off the invaders as would any country being invaded.

Having said this, it's clear that with out America's help the Israeli people wouldn't even have a country, as clearly they lost their lands when conquered over 5 centuries ago.

Also America should not have allowed Israel to get nuclear weapons cause that has just made the overall situation worse, now you have countries like Iran wanting to get Nukes and really at this stage why shouldn’t they?

This whole issue was not caused by America.

In fact originally America was neither for nor against the creation of Israel. It wasn't until the late '50's that the US started to really back Israel and that was only for the purposes of the cold war.

Israel exists because of the UK being ignorant in their colonial view of the world and European Jews being much better trained and better equiped than the Arabs.

The US has just perpetuaded the problem over the last few decades. Thus, alienating itself from Arab countries. 

iberz said:
there is one main issue US politics that sadly has never changed in 60 years, one thing even Mr. Change himself BH Obama isn't willing to do and that's stop being so pro-israel. it's an problem that despite the release of movie's like occupation 101 has still not been solved. israel is still opressing palestinians, the US is still giving israel $10 billion each year, the fatah dictatorship is still in power rather than the democratically elected hamas government. like i said before, not one candidate for US presedential election nominations has the balls to stand up for what's right, tell AIPAC to f**k off and stop being biased against the most opressed people in the world. well i guess my dream that my people may be helped by any western power is not ever going to be anything but a dream.

Why would you call Obama Mr. Change?  He only wants to change a few things.  If anything, Ron Paul is Mr. Charge.  Of course, Ron Paul understands the Israel/Palestine issues better than anyone else running and will treat both parties in a more fair manner than anyone else running.  He wants to end all federal aid to other nations as it often causes trouble and more importanly, is against US law.  Anyone running for office which supports federal aid to any nation clearly has no respect for the US Constitution and US law and should not be elected.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

reverie said:

Israel gave us the current line of intel processors. Thanks, Israel! Israel is also a stable and lively democracy. Racism is present, but less so then in countries like Japan or Korea, for example.

And hasn't Israel returned the Gaza strip to Palestinian authority? Look what they've done with that. It's a civil war. Hasn't the PA received billions upon billions of foreign aid over the decades, mostly from the EU? Tell me where the money went.

The Arab countries and and Iran are about as much to blame for not solving the conflict as Israel and the Palestinians and the US. Singling out Israel always smells like "they don't belong here, let's drive them into the sea".

And saying somebody is just afraid to say something when he says he doesn't share your opinion is a conspiracy theory.

Intel and diamond cutting. Two products I dont purchase.

Israel tried to return it to the PA, however, by forcing the PA to hold elections instead of helping them establish a PA state first has allowed Hamas to gain 100% control of that territory and that is where all the violence is centered now. Rockets to and from Gaza from Israel and Hamas respectively.

Money from EU as well as a lot of other nations including US. Well, PA has alwasy been pretty corrupt. One reason the people jump behind Hamas in the elections. However, it isn't cheap trying to run a country that you have to hand out a lot of money to its populace because the controlling party has pretty much stamped out any viable economy. No airports, no docks, no trains, no freedom of movement for any type of infrastructure needed to build an stable economy.

True, the Arabs should have solidified a Palestinian state when they lost the 48/49 wars. But that had nothing to do with Iran. Until the last decade or so Iran has been at odds with its Arab neighbors. Most people fail to realise that Iran is not Arab.

superchunk said:
Kasz216 said:
superchunk said:
Kasz216 said:

You've got the order wrong. They can't move back until the violence stops. Not the other way around.

Who is going to move back and concentrate their population while they're being attacked? Not only does the violence hve to stop, but other nations have to stop threatining israel.

Concentrate their population? WTF are you talking about. The part of Israeli population that is not already on "their" side of the '67 border is living in military outposts and illegal settlements. The later of which is also military outposts and has been condemned by everyone including the last few US Presidents. They total less than 500k people out of over 6m people. MOVE THEM!!

All they need to do is follow international law. Is that so hard to understand. Laws says these people are living on land that they took illegally, they need to be relocated back to your lands. So do it.

As for the other nations threating Israel. When Clinton was still president all of the Arab nations came together and drafted a full peace plan. In it they asked for '67 borders and right of return in exchange for full normal relationship with EVERY ARAB NATION. Israel declined. They didn't even offer anything else to continue the dialogue. In fact the only groups to denounce it were all the extreamest, Israel, Hamas, and I think Libya.

No matter what happens there will always be groups that want Israel removed, see Hamas. But, that is not who they are even talking to. If they gave the PA the '67 borders and a real compensation and assitance to rebuild Palestine in exchange for the right of return the mass of the people would not support the extreamist.

When was the last act of violence directed towards Israel that came from someone besides Hamas? Ever since the PA and Hamas formally split and Israel vacated Gaza, the only violence has been between Hamas and Israel. And that is usually a tit for tat situation. Israel fires open weapons civilian areas to hit a Hamas person. Usually killing few innocents. Hamas blindly shoots rockets into Israel. Usually doint property damage if that.

Its been over a year since anything else, I could be wrong but I definitely cannot think of anything else. Guess what PA and Hamas are not friends. Give PA a viable state and funding, they will take care of Hamas to ensure they are kept in power. Not to mention if they have funding they could start to gain their populaces favor again as they would begin to do all of the social necessities like schools and hospitals that Hamas has been doing in Gaza and to a lesser extant in WB for years due to underground funding from supporters.

Over a year? It's gonna take more than a year. You close your borders and it's easier for people to infiltrate and get to your main population base.

You want a peace solution? Palestein should give up the leaders of Hamas for War Crimes and Crime against humanity trials then. Like the Global Human Rights watch says. Get rid of Hamas first, then a peace can be made.

Otherwise your asking Israel to give up land, to people who are electing people who want to kill them.

You are right, there would need to be a downturn in violence. FROM BOTH SIDES!! War Crimes? wtf. So continuously launching missles from helicopters on a public mass to get one bad guy is not considered a war crime as well? You seriously need to look up the definition of unbiased.

I asking Israel to follow international laws that as a state, internationally recognized as an occupier it should be forced to do.

I'm looking at it according to the Human Rights Watch, an international unbiased organization.

No firing missles from helicopters on a public mass to get one bad guy isn't a war crime. It's called a bombing. They were quite common in WW2. So long as you have that one bad guy it's called collataral damage. Otherwise that one bad guy can just hide among the public forever and it would be against the law to kill him.

You want them to stop launching missles at bad guys in public masses? Get rid of the bad guys.

Problem solved.

Once the Palestinian violence stops and the leaders of Hamas are turned in for war crimes and human rights trials, the Israeli violence on the otherside will stop.  The US would make sure of it.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
starcraft said:
superchunk said:

two-sided = true.

unrealistic = false.

Israel was created illegally and under racists conditions. It should not exist. However, it is recognized by the world and is obviously not going anywhere. Therefore at this point and time Palestinians should recognize Israel and try to move on for their own statehood.

PA wants land back to the 1967 borders, basically all the land that was taken by means of war. According the the Geneva conventions and world law that is what should happen.

PA wants to be able to return to their homes that were taken in all wars since Israel's creation. Again, world law and Geneva conventions agree. Personally, if the land was fully given back and Israel gave $$ in exchange for the homes I would think that they would for-go the Right of Return.

What exactly is the mass of the PA asking for that is unrealistic? That the laws of this world be actually upheld? Granted there are those, Hamas, that want more and need to be realistic with themselves based on what has happened since 1948, but, for the last few years the Arabs as a coalition, including the PA, has agreed that if Israel moved itself completely back the the 'green line' of 1967 they all would have full normal ties with Israel.

However, Israel refuses to follow international law and will continue to do so as long as it is backed by the US.

Oh, and I forgot your barbaric statement. It was touched upon by another poster, but I will just say that you really should read about the pre-Israeli Jewish terrorist organizations, Irgun and Stern Gang, that will give you all info you need to know where and how the current Palestinian groups learned to fight. For starters they completely wiped out a palestinian village of all people and animals just prior to Israel's creation. They bombed hotels and homes of British military personel in the Palestinian Province when it was under British control. Their tactics of the original terror are the reasons the British left and Israel officially formed. This is where Hamas and others learned that terror can work.

You lost me with this horrible statement. The main man I've heard spouting that crap is Iran's leader, shortly before calling for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

Most people in Israel were born there, and see the land as theirs. It's very similar to land claims by American indians. Their ancestors were betrayed and abused by yours, but does that mean YOU should be held responsible? Of course not.

Israel should be more pro-active in trying to establish a Palestinian state, but any Palestinian that believes israel should not exist DOES have unrealistic (and inhuman) desires. Furthermore, just as in many cases Israel takes risks with Palestinian civilians that it wouldn't take with it's own (and this is wrong), it is equally wrong for Palestinians to support suicide bombings against Israeli citizens. At some point if Palestinians want to be taken seriously, they need to do what Egypt has done and support Israels right to exist. If they do this, Israel will feel more comfortable, and will have no excuse not to push for a Palestinian state.

I never said Israel should be wiped off the map. In fact if you read the rest of the very paragraph you stopped at it states that I think that the idea of Israel not existing NOW should be forgotten as it is not legal or morally right.

However, you have a bit of misconception on the Jewish population in Israel. You mention above and in another post to iberz that the Jews were predominantly born there and the Palestinians were not. Either I am misunderstanding you or you have no concept of Israel's creation.

As late as WWII the Jewish population in the Palestinian provence was less than 10%. Then from the end of the war until 1947 the British allowed and then tried to stop a massive illegal immigration of European Jews into Palestine. The Jewish population at that point exlpoded from ~10% to ~40%. Even to this day if you count the entirety of Israel and WB and Gaza, Jews are still ~40% or less of the population.

If you were only referring to current circumstances, then you may be right and that is why it is now morally wrong to "wipe Israel off the map" as well as just illegal.

You missed part of his point. The point many people keep bringing up that you ignore. That jewish people used to live there before the UK put them there... and they were pushed out, supressed, in many cases just straight killed,many times and dispersed before reforming.

The ancient Jewish claim to the land is stronger then the Palestianian claim it's just the palestinians have beeen the ones who most recently have been "driven out of there because they weren't strong enough."

If we were to switch land based on that, it would go back to Palestine, then the Ottomans, then, I want to say Egypt and Syria (combined), The Crusaders of europe(EU?), than Israel, then egypt and syria again, then Italy(romans), then Israel, then Italy, Then Israel, Then Iran (persia,) Then Babylon? (Iraq?), Then Israel, Then they Asyrians who i don't even think have modern ancesstors, then Israel again.

So if you played that scenario to it's end game... it all goes back to Israel anyway, due to a number of countries like the ottoman's invading for no legal reasons.

After all that it would end with it once again going back to Israel, and the crazy thing is.. they will be there to see it all as some jewish people have stayed in that area for the whole crazy thing.

Ah, Assryians do still exist, but do not have a country to call there own and are sporadically spread throughout europe and asia.

Kasz216 said:
superchunk said:
Kasz216 said:
superchunk said:
Kasz216 said:

You are right, there would need to be a downturn in violence. FROM BOTH SIDES!! War Crimes? wtf. So continuously launching missles from helicopters on a public mass to get one bad guy is not considered a war crime as well? You seriously need to look up the definition of unbiased.

I'm looking at it according to the Human Rights Watch, an international unbiased organization.

No firing missles from helicopters on a public mass to get one bad guy isn't a war crime. It's called a bombing. They were quite common in WW2. So long as you have that one bad guy it's called collataral damage. Otherwise that one bad guy can just hide among the public forever and it would be against the law to kill him.

You want them to stop launching missles at bad guys in public masses? Get rid of the bad guys.

Problem solved.

Once the Palestinian violence stops and the leaders of Hamas are turned in for war crimes and human rights trials, the Israeli violence on the otherside will stop. The US would make sure of it.

So Human Rights Watch is unbiased...

So it is okay to kill civilians as long as 'mission complete'? Yes, there were lots of bombings in WW2, and as always, the winner writes the history. Would the holocaust have been a crime if Germany would have won? Who have the right to say who is the bad guy?

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

"The ancient Jewish claim to the land is stronger then the Palestianian claim it's just the palestinians have beeen the ones who most recently have been "driven out of there because they weren't strong enough."

So if my network of freedom fighters were strong enough to liberate Hawaii from white man, would this be justified?

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Copycon said:
Kasz216 said:
superchunk said:
Kasz216 said:
superchunk said:
Kasz216 said:

Problem solved.

Once the Palestinian violence stops and the leaders of Hamas are turned in for war crimes and human rights trials, the Israeli violence on the otherside will stop. The US would make sure of it.

So Human Rights Watch is unbiased...

So it is okay to kill civilians as long as 'mission complete'? Yes, there were lots of bombings in WW2, and as always, the winner writes the history. Would the holocaust have been a crime if Germany would have won? Who have the right to say who is the bad guy?

Is it ok? No. Is it a crime? No.

Plenty of things that are wrong arn't a warcrimes or human rights crime, or a crime of any kind.

Someone could go cheat on their girlfriend, is that right? No. Is that a crime? No.

It's agaisnt international law to attack civilians. It isn't against international law to attack viable military and terrorist targets and for civillians to be caught in the crossfire.

As long as the target can be Identified as a military target, and that there isn't a way to prevent civilian casualties in hitting of that target it's fine.

Israel has had it's occasional human rights citation as well, but nothing on the level of Hamas.

Also what about the Human Rights Watch isn't unbiased?