Yes, a lot! 35 12.37%

Yes, kinda! 11 3.89%

You're nuts. 52 18.37%

Get a grip! 63 22.26%

They definitely failed E3, but we'll see. 87 30.74%

Beer (ummmm) 34 12.01%

Total:282
Heavenly_King said:
The tablet gaming + TV gaming at the same time is a bad idea, because you need to watch the tv and the tablet in order to interact in an efficient way with the game; and would be a pain in the a$$ to look to the tablet, and then look to the TV, the tablet, TV, tablet-TV-tablet-TV-tablet-TV-tablet-TV-tablet-TV-tablet-TV over and over again in order to avoid getting killed while watching the other screen.

I bet this will be a major complain when the console releases. I bet most people will play only with the tablet, because that is the only way you can play without having to watch 2 screens at the same time.

The DS/3DS was not a problem because the screens are very close. It is like a big screen that is foldable. You can see both screens without moving your eyes and head, making a simultaneos view for both screens (or at least you can the other screen with yout peripherical view)

The problem with the WiiU is that you will be looking front (TV), down (Tablet) over and over again, so that you dont gent killed in a game; and that will be a major problem. For example in a game like in Zombi U you will be bussy checking the inventory, and while doing so you will be eaten by a zombie. RE LOL

This console WiiLL FAIL U

Okay, there's absolutely 0 need for the last comment, we know you like bashing Nintendo, but gratuitous trolling is not welcome.

The dual-screen is not the issue here at all, you're completely out of whack. Look at the ZombiU reel for how the controller can be used effectively in an immersive experience. Then, Batman also gave good examples, and lastly some mini-games in *barf* Nintendoland.

So please, find some good arguments, then come back.

Around the Network
PSwii60 said:

NintendoPie said:

I actually see several Sony/MS Fans that thought Wii U looks quite interesting.

Underlined is fabricated by a Piplup in disguise of a Pikmin

Err... okay...? XD

I voted Hmmm Beer! Want to know why? Because I want to relax with a nice cold beer and imagine all te good times I'm going to have with my sexy black Wii U. Keep the faith, Wii U, Wii U rock U!

P.s loved the opening photo!

Heavenly_King said:
The tablet gaming + TV gaming at the same time is a bad idea, because you need to watch the tv and the tablet in order to interact in an efficient way with the game; and would be a pain in the a$$ to look to the tablet, and then look to the TV, the tablet, TV, tablet-TV-tablet-TV-tablet-TV-tablet-TV-tablet-TV-tablet-TV over and over again in order to avoid getting killed while watching the other screen.

I bet this will be a major complain when the console releases. I bet most people will play only with the tablet, because that is the only way you can play without having to watch 2 screens at the same time.

The DS/3DS was not a problem because the screens are very close. It is like a big screen that is foldable. You can see both screens without moving your eyes and head, making a simultaneos view for both screens (or at least you can the other screen with yout peripherical view)

The problem with the WiiU is that you will be looking front (TV), down (Tablet) over and over again, so that you dont gent killed in a game; and that will be a major problem. For example in a game like in Zombi U you will be bussy checking the inventory, and while doing so you will be eaten by a zombie. RE LOL

I don't think it will be as you say. Things like the ones you pointed out can also be used to add more to a game, such as difficulty or a sense of urgency in all that you do.

One example I think fits here perfectly is Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. The game DOES NOT pause and if you go into your inventory, everything around you keeps on chugging along, so it is no different to what you just explained in your last paragraph. I try to change my weapon and while doing so I get demolished by a Black Knight.

You go into your inventory with the tablet and you get demolished by a Zombie. All it means is think things out before you do it and when you do it... hurry the fuck up! LOL!

As long as things are done right everything you just mentioned becomes a non-issue.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

SaviorX said:

"What gamers want are new and exciting ip's from Nintendo that cater to a Mature audience so to speak. The are flogging the usual dead horse that is mario and now we have nintendoland(Good god). Yes we know everyone likes mario but people want something new and fresh. You know exactly what games are coming out for the Wii U. There are never any surprises from nintendo anymore that excite the "Hardcore" gamer. Yay another 2D mario, Yay another Smash Brothers, Yay another Mario Kart, Yay another Zelda, Yay another Pokemon. It is same old shit year in, year out."

What? Ok, so you have people in this thread demanding more Zelda and Metroid to showcase the graphical power off Wii U, and in the same breath, people DO NOT want to see it because it is just 'rehashes' that have been done before. WTF? What exactly does the hardcore gamer want? 6 pages in this thread and I still do not know what you guys actually want. EA Sports has been on board with Wii U since last year...but no EA sux. Ubisoft is releasing like 6 games...but oh, no Watch Dogs, even though that game has probably been in development longer than Wii U dev kits have been available. For Pete's sake, I could say the same thing about Microsoft!

We want everything. All the games coming out on 360 and PS3? We want them all.

But some of us (not all of us) also want Zelda and Metroid, some non-Nintendo gamers don't want those, who cares, they don't get them. Halo is at its 4th entry nobody complained. But now NSMB is another beast. Just in 2 years, we're getting NSMB2, U and Super Mario 3D Land (all in the same spirit with shared elements). It's time to puke!

"Yay another Halo, Yay another Gears, Yay another Forza, Yay another Fable, Yay another Call of Duty demonstration. It is same old shit year in, year out."

What about Japanese companies? I don't know if you guys noticed, but Japan is HANDHELD central. They barely had jackshit for any of the other consoles either. MGS and RE6 were the only memorable games, both multiplat.

Fact of the matter is, you cannot SELL a console with new IPs alone; Nintendo has to provide gamers with something that people can trust first, a la the ports of a dozen highly rated games, a sequel to a game that sold 25m, and a revival that gamers have been begging and BITCHING for for nearly a decade (Pikmin 3). Nintendo Land could sink or swim. If it bombs, Nintendo will be OK. If it takes off, they just once again prove that they have a much better idea of what software to make for a console launch than we do.

Japan is the only thing Nintendo is doing right at the moment, everything in the West is trending for the worst. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo suddenly lost market leadership here in the west, mark my words.

They can release NSMB, sure! But when they're catering to the core, it's not time to flaunt NSMB, I'm desperately sorry. As good a game as it is, it's not what the target audience wants!! Prime is closer and close enough, but not NSMB. The target audience is not interested in that for first diet. Dirty seconds? Sure. But not the main course. It's all about catering to an audience, and when it comes to the western core, they failed.

How incredible would it have been if reggie anounced a new game akin to the likes of Halo, The last of US or Beyond: two souls with an awesome trailer that gave you goosebumps when the trailer is finished? The conference had none of that.Instead it is same old Mario and CO with trailers that could have been from the Wii for all we know. They need to create some new amazing IP that can rival Mario and Metriod and give the Wii U an identity.

For probably 30 years now, every console has had a game that began development on one system, but carried over to a successor (the beloved Eternal Darkness anyone...which BTW sucked). Pikmin 3 is just going to Wii U for the same reason. If I did not know any better, from reading your post The Last of Us and Beyond are games that ol' Sony just makes on the regular...where is The Last Guardian though. Agent? Who makes sci-fi games? The only two IPs with any popularity are  Halo and Mass Effect; maybe Star Wars but thats a different story. Closest thing Nintendo has is StarFox, but Im sorry thats a rehash. Even if it was announced, people sould still complain that we just got one on the 3DS last year anyway....

Miyamoto stated he was working on a new IP. What that is I do not know...but what I get the sense of is people want Nintendo to have their own Solid Snake/Super Marine to compete with MS or Sony on the "hardcore" front. When I reread that idea in my mind I realize how stupid that really is.

All he's asking for are new IPs in the lines of Uncharted and Halo. How is that so much to ask for, haven't we been accustomed to that for years in the movie industry? What makes video games so different, indulge me. It doesn't need to be a super marine, it can be a good old bounty hunter like Samus, but just something novel. Why is nintendo not part of that revolution that Sony and MS are pioneering, while Sony can shamelessly rip of the move and PABR with no problem? Why is Nintendo ignoring the successes of their rivals like this? Get with the fucking program Nintendo. I want to slap them.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Heavenly_King said:

Okay, there's absolutely 0 need for the last comment, we know you like bashing Nintendo, but gratuitous trolling is not welcome.

The dual-screen is not the issue here at all, you're completely out of whack. Look at the ZombiU reel for how the controller can be used effectively in an immersive experience. Then, Batman also gave good examples, and lastly some mini-games in *barf* Nintendoland.

So please, find some good arguments, then come back.

I am not bashing I am just speaking of what looks to be the major problem with every game for the WiiU when the console launches.    In Batman the only good thing was that you are able to direct the batarang with the tablet (something you can already do with your normal controller in the other consoles).   But  when that tablet is required to activate certain things of your suite while the main game on your TV is still running (fighting with a mob); and can not be seen because you are watching the tablet, it fails.   The same thing happens  for ZombiU.   The perfect way to see your inventory in realtime is watching it at the same time as the action is happening on the same screen, like in (I know you will say that I am a fanboy, but you know I am right) The Last Of US.

Speaking about the last comment that bothered you, if the console which has as main purpose gaming, does not allow you to play in an efficient way, it fails the constumer, and in this case you/U are the customer.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

^Oh, don't worry about bursting my bubble, it's already exploded, and it's Nintendo that did it. You have nothing to worry about.

In ZombiU, they showed many cases where both screens heavily interact. I don't have the patience to dish it out for you so do us all a favor and go study the reel, then come back to talk.

The inventory system is just one means of interaction. There will be ways (and we have some demoes of this already) to inject content on the tv screen from the controller screen. We saw videos swiped to the tv screen, and nunchucks. Arming your character with swipes is imho much more convenient than what we saw in the already very excellent TLOU inventory semi-transparent screen.

And if they really wanted to, they could make sure the tablet was transparent and let the TV image pierce through if lifted towards the tv while selecting items (if in a really tight moment of action). So it's all pussyfooting on this argument.

I think this whole situation comes down to the Nintendo/Sony dispute that led to the creation of the Playstation.

Once Sony created the Playstation, marketed it as being really 'cool' (see: WipEout etc.) and brought in a whole new demographic of gamers, the third parties went with them. It was the third-parties that absolutely propelled Sony to dominance in the fifth and sixth gen and gave them so much traction in the industry.

Nintendo could - and should - have done something about it before it was too late. Heck, they should have stopped the Playstation being created by agreeing to a venture with Sony, but their stubborn-ness of cartridges instead of optical discs - and what I can only assume was arrogance that they'd easily beat Sony since they were already beating Sega - led to the loss of third party stuff which never came back.

The Wii has been a nightmare in terms of this. Gamecube had many problems, but at least there was a decent outside developer showing which Nintendo embraced. They have pretty much single-handedly propped up the Wii for its whole lifespan which isn't a road they should have gone down. I'm not saying they shouldn't have made the great first-party stuff - of course they should, but there needed to be more of a push for other things rather than Just Dance and Lego games, and that showed in their E3 conference since they had very little ouside support.

Heck, Mass Effect 3 shows just what a problem it is. Sure, you can dip straight into Mass Effect 3 without any knowledge of the previous two, but it won't be the same - and you won't be able to move your Shepard across, which is a big part of the whole series.

I like that they're trying to entice the third-parties back, but there's a long LONG road to go down before they can - and personally, I don't think Wii-U is the answer. I'm pretty certain they have the financials to prop themselves up until the neXtbox/PS4 come out, which they should have done and built a matching console - but that's just my view.

Also, to all the doomsayers: Boo. Nintendo have weathered far worse storms than this (N64, Gamecube). Even though I think the console won't be a success - they'll still capture a portion of the casual market, and I'm pretty certain they won't lose any money on it. So maybe they'll get it right next time around.

Pikmin 3 is Nintendo's only hope currently, the new Mario game is essentially a rehash of previous 2D Mario Games and with a limitation on 2D Platform gaming it is more difficult to make that genre unique. Nintendo have milked the cow dry this time.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Pikmin 3 is Nintendo's only hope.

What?! That's a total lie!