By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U supports 1080p, CPU and GPU confirmed - UPDATE: Spec sheet! 1.5 GB RAM, 3 core PowerPC CPU etc. Thread now includes FREE Icelandic lessons!

Millenium said:
This is a sad replacement for a spec-sheet really.

IBM CPU was obvious, so we want to know model and speed etc.

AMD GPU was obvious, so we want to know model and speed etc.

Also, why no HDD? And how much RAM?

Spec-sheet my ass...

Hard-drives fail. Generally speaking solid state memory is FAR more reliable. So I imagine Nintendo just wanted to stay safe. I forget if it is confirmed or just rumored but it was said that you could just use 'any' removable hard-drive, memory stick etc

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
zaire360 said:
yo they will not be getting any of my money its looks like the gamecube and will all over again with all of that kiddy shit

Then it isn't like GameCube.

zaire360 said:
yo they will not be getting any of my money its looks like the gamecube and will all over again with all of that kiddy shit

Gaemcube and Wii had very little in common philosophically.  GC was a powerfull console, much more capable then the Dream Cast or PS2 and it had a lot of gamer games and "mature" games, including 2 console exclusive Resident Evils and Eternal Darkness.  It suffered for third party content and was labeled a "kiddy console" because it had Nintendo games in addition to the other types of games I mentioned, but it is a very very different system from the Wii.

pezus said:

I watched videos on the Nintendo site, and yes, I think that. 

Wow... that is a lot coming from you... :O

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

I watched videos on the Nintendo site, and yes, I think that. 

Wow... that is a lot coming from you... :O

Just keep in mind that we are talking about graphics here, not if I am going to buy Wii U

Around the Network

I was under the impression much about the hardware will be dealt with tonight at the developer conference, or is that wrong?

Whats the point of this Pezus?

^^^
but this is well known info, and the title also leads to confusion since specs havent been released

another sybiline trolling i guess...i hope U enjoy it

There is a Wii U early target specs sheet that was put out today which people 'in the know' are saying is legit if anyone is interested.

Doesn't really have any specifics on GPU performance though.

• Triple Core PowerPC Processor
  • 1.5GB RAM
  • 32MB high-bandwidth eDRAM
  • Built-in b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • 4 USB 2.0 ports
  • An SD-card reader

LINK

More detailed specs at the link.

i also have the feeling that the graphics are a bit better than Xbox360/Ps3 current games

cannot comment by ports, but Pikmin 3 looks gorgeous to my eyes

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^