By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Are You Convinced On WiiU? **UPDATED with launch window games list**

Are you convinced to buy the WiiU?

YESS...especially after this E3! 210 31.16%

NO..I need moar! 196 29.08%

NOO NOOO *Darth Vader's Episode VI one* 178 26.41%

Maybe.... 90 13.35%

Total:674
EdHieron said:

Considering the fact that Nintendo's not done anything of note in well over a decade,

-_-

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

man with the shit that they showed microsoft and sony has nothing to fear with theire next gen systems that why neith 1 of the companys showed their next gen shit are u kidding me is this what the 8th gen is suppose to look like lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike_intellivision said:
I personally would like to play WatchDogs much more than ZombiU -- I don't care for any game where the trailer shows someone about to kill themselves. 

The rest of your post was far more significant, but I'm curious about this. What's wrong with suicide being a theme or part of a theme in games?

EdHieron said:

Considering the fact that Nintendo's not done anything of note in well over half a decade, I think their E3 Conference went as well as could be expected, and Nintendoland's actually a better idea than 80% of the stuff that they've come up with since the Wii launched, so I expect their loyalists, big time supporters, and Elementary School Children, and Grandmas will continue to let them slide.

However, I was convinced after Nintendo's E3 Conference today and after Sony's and Microsoft's yesterday that if you want real gamez then you need to stick with PS3 and the 360 for titles like The Last of Us, God of War Ascension, the Gears prequel, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Halo 4. And the true Gamez machines the PS4 and 720 will be announced at next year's E3 and coming out with launch prices that will be comparable to the launch prices of the 3DS and Vita ( It would be surprising to see the PS4 or 720 cost any more than $100.00 more than the Wii-U's current market price when they're released with each one being about twice as powerful than the Wii-U or more so ) with much more highly anticipated games than for the Vita being available at launch and shortly afterwards for the true Next Gen Twinz. So, if you like real gamez, just be happy with the offerings on 360 and PS3 and when 720 and PS4 come out, they're going to rock the gaming world once more.

How sad is it that the games people are hyped for are sequels of sequels.  The video game industry is getting so stagnant.

Spazzy_D said:
EdHieron said:

Considering the fact that Nintendo's not done anything of note in well over half a decade, I think their E3 Conference went as well as could be expected, and Nintendoland's actually a better idea than 80% of the stuff that they've come up with since the Wii launched, so I expect their loyalists, big time supporters, and Elementary School Children, and Grandmas will continue to let them slide.

However, I was convinced after Nintendo's E3 Conference today and after Sony's and Microsoft's yesterday that if you want real gamez then you need to stick with PS3 and the 360 for titles like The Last of Us, God of War Ascension, the Gears prequel, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Halo 4. And the true Gamez machines the PS4 and 720 will be announced at next year's E3 and coming out with launch prices that will be comparable to the launch prices of the 3DS and Vita ( It would be surprising to see the PS4 or 720 cost any more than $100.00 more than the Wii-U's current market price when they're released with each one being about twice as powerful than the Wii-U or more so ) with much more highly anticipated games than for the Vita being available at launch and shortly afterwards for the true Next Gen Twinz. So, if you like real gamez, just be happy with the offerings on 360 and PS3 and when 720 and PS4 come out, they're going to rock the gaming world once more.

How sad is it that the games people are hyped for are sequels of sequels.  The video game industry is getting so stagnant.

Yeah, especially when you consider the fact that Nintendo's banking on the 16th different 2D version of Mario, with the 15th 2D version of Mario coming out in August to be the 3DS' big system seller of the year, and Pikmin 3  and Wii Fit 3 to accompany it to be Wii-U's system sellers.

Around the Network

I think we underestimate ZombiU. With ZombiU they are trying to create tension that is not possible with current gameplay...

I was sold last year.

However Nintendo should have focused on convincing the core for the majority of the time. They did not do that. I hope a bunch of e3 now comes out with more 3rd party titles.

I do like pikmin and nsmbu. Good launch games. But need to really push more core games. Even this holidays big ports.

EdHieron said:
Spazzy_D said:
EdHieron said:

Yeah, especially when you consider the fact that Nintendo's banking on the 16th different 2D version of Mario, with the 15th 2D version of Mario coming out in August to be the 3DS' big system seller of the year, and Pikmin 3  and Wii Fit 3 to accompany it to be Wii-U's system sellers.

Doesn't excuse the fact that we've had what, 4 God of War games including the new one (2 PSP, 2 PS3), 3 Mainline Halo games (4 including the RTS) over the last 5 years.  4 Uncharted as well, during the same time, Nintendo had 2 2d Marios and will have 2 more. 

I'm not excusing Nintendo, but can you really say the video game industry is in a healthy place?

superchunk said:
I was sold last year.

However Nintendo should have focused on convincing the core for the majority of the time. They did not do that. I hope a bunch of e3 now comes out with more 3rd party titles.

I do like pikmin and nsmbu. Good launch games. But need to really push more core games. Even this holidays big ports.

I agree with you but, really "HardCore" gamers are set on thinking anything and everything is kiddy. It wouldn't really matter to the mass.

Awww Nintendo haters arent gonna buy the Wii U? Oh noze! Nintendo must just fold the company nowz!

Why do people feel the need to come on here and say they "arent convinced" when they never were going to be convinced anyway?

"yes i'm convinced..convinced im not gonna get it" wow what simple humor people have!

Gaming Away Life Since 1985