By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot for next gen, repeat of Wii all over again

sales2099 said:
Shooting themselves in the foot with us = winning the gen in general.

But the tablet controller isnt as accessible to casuals as the wiimote was....so i dont know

I think that's where Nintendo is going to face their greatest challenge.  The tablet will be fine for the younger gamers, but it's not going to be a big hit with the older casuals, who weren't exactly into gaming, that the Wii brought in.  And next gen, MS and Sony will have motion gaming from the start.  This means that Nintendo is going to be pretty much on even ground with MS and Sony, like with the N64 (minus MS) and with the Gamecube.  Next gen will be very interesting.

What I find really strange is that we got no release date or price.  Isn't this thing launching in just a few months?  It seems like Nintendo made a mistake with their conference.  Kinda like last year when they didn't even show the Wii U console, making some think the Wii U was just a new controller for the Wii.

Around the Network

I hope that it's a repeat of the Wii all over again. That's one of my favorite gaming systems ever (until Nintendo stopped supporting it).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

I hope that it's a repeat of the Wii all over again. That's one of my favorite gaming systems ever (until Nintendo stopped supporting it).

It had a good two years, didn't it?

noname2200 said:
amp316 said:

Yep, 2007 and 2008 were very good.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

In fairness, NSMBWii and DKCR were both pretty awesome too.

But they certainly killed it off years before its time.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
amp316 said:

I got xenoblade this year, and will be picking up the new pikmin (it's only 19.99!).  2012 was probably a better year then 2011 lol.

All three of the games both of you guys mentioned were very good, but the lack of title's in the Wii's second half has been pretty depressing.

amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
amp316 said:

I agree, but I'd add 2011 as well...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
amp316 said:

And 2010. Monster Hunter, folks! No-one here recalls my wrath against that rat bastard Rathalos?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
menx64 said:
amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
amp316 said:

And 2010. Monster Hunter, folks! No-one here recalls my wrath against that rat bastard Rathalos?

One game does not make a year.  I loved MH3 myself.

Rathalos wasn't that tough.  Alatreon was the bitch.