By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts, Week 2

PS3 needs to do bundles the most, they need people to be forced to buy games.... otherwise people will just get it for the blueray

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

@tokil

Trolling much?

@tokil: Not really. The bundle cost 350 pounds, so if you don't won't to play games and only wach HD movies you can stick to standard version which is cheaper.

Does anyone know how the new bundle works? Is it an over the counter system or a rebate one? If it is the later then the games won't be recorded by chart-track.

how is it trolling? It is true. People who would have not gotten any games (people who get it for blueray) will now buy at LEAST 2.

psn- tokila

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
how is it trolling? It is true. People who would have not gotten any games (people who get it for blueray) will now buy at LEAST 2.

If you use attach rate as a basis of your reasoning, people buy the 360 as a DVD player then, since attach rates aren't really higher on average. It kinda is trolling, you know. How come the PS3 sells at all since there's no market for BluRay (as Vgchartz members point out every day)? 

well if it is kinda trolling, that was not my intention. I just know the PS3 is bought as BR player, and this would force them to get a few games if they are gonna do that.

psn- tokila

tokilamockingbrd said:
hmmm, looks like UK loves AC/CoD4

SMG saw a jump, also why is there a star next to SPM? Did it rechart? Or was it just released there?

it recharted

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

well im glad super mario galaxy went higher on the chart although it probably dropped it total since gardware is dropping

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Some numbers about Norway market (totals for 2007, software only):

NOK = Norwegian kroners (1 US dollar = 5.27 NOK)

PS2 - 185 millio NOK (31,2 %)
PC-spill - 138 million NOK (23,3 %)
PS3 - 77,7 million NOK (13,1 %)
Nintendo DS - 68,6 million NOK (11,6 %)
Xbox 360 - 56,1 million NOk (9,5 %)
Nintendo Wii - 52,4 million NOK (8,8 %)
PSP - 11,2 million NOK (1,9 %)

So Norwegian software market size is around 113 mln USD (from which consoles are 87 mln). It's interesting that DS and Wii are pretty low.

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/01/14/523829.html

Some numbers about LTD sales (from neogaf, I think they are shippedn but not sure):

- PS2 = about 600k
- PS3 = about 57k
- Wii = about 57k