By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Awesome

Were you playing online?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Not yet ... I'll try it again tonight ...

IMO, from what I've seen, multiplayer is the make-or-break aspect of the game. It can get dull using the same combos over and over again, but taking on hundreds of baddies with 3 other friends, using the tons of abilities ingame can supposedly make for an incredibly great gaming experience.

IMO, it seems like KUF is one of those classic examples where co-op play is needed for a good game. Phantagram/Blueside SHOULD OF added extra players, rather than forcing you to go through the whole game with 1p on SP mode.

Merely because it sucks without extras (even if you dont need their help), and no other KUF game forced such a concept on you.

I liked the earlier Kingdom Under Fire games, but (correct me if Im wrong) the ones before involved strategy and battlefield combat with controlling units and this looks just like a one man show.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Interesting... I have avoided it because of the review scores... Might have to try it now.

Around the Network

Atleast give it a try if you have online.

I have SP only and thouroughly enjoy it.

Would it be worth $60 for SP alone? Probably not. But from what I'm gathering, the game is insanely long, and requires about 4 playthroughs per character to reach the real ending. I'm about 7+hrs into my 1st playthrough with 1 character, and I know I'm maybe 35% of the way through.

So if you enjoy hack n slash games, with lots of bloody combat, and good characters, you might get your money's worth with multiplayer. If not, rent it atleast.

I played for about two hours in SP, does this game even have a story ??? Do you need to know the prequels ??? Oh well the graphics rock but it seems to be very repetitious... will play it some more but I do wish there would be more than just hack and slash in this game... multiplayer sounds very fun though, to bad I don´t have live....

Unfortunately, story wise, it relies heavily on the decisions made in Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders.

Read the Prologue for a bit more information. If you played Crusaders, you'd understand everything about the characters (since they're all from Crusaders).

However, even though I know the entire backstory, the actual story almost entirely takes place in Sleep mode....And even then, the story is so-so. However, it's a bit better when you understand the characters, and what they just went through before you enter the Dream World/World of Darkness.

the xbox one was great,though i havent played this one yet

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I find it a dubious claim that every respectable review crew that panned this game only played single player.  A 56 on metacritic is usually pretty telling.

I mean, it's only 2 points higher than Lair.