By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 pressconference was the BEST and here is why

Beyond and The Last Of Us sequences were enough to obliterate MS conference.

Around the Network

You guys are far too harsh on Wonderbook. Those sequences were much funnier than anything Aisha Tyler did.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
You guys are far too harsh on Wonderbook. Those sequences were much funnier than anything Aisha Tyler did.

Yep, but we overlook this because she is hot.

Drop the act turkish.I am most likely a bigger Sony fan than you but the conference was awfull and a big fuck you to all the Ps Vita owners like myself. Nothing new was announced, no cloud gaming, no price cut, no redisigned ps+, no ps+ for Ps Vita, a pathetic showing for the Ps Vita. Yeah there was cool ps3 trailers but that was to be expected. Sony's worst e3 since 2006. Take the googles off mate.

Both press conferences sucked

Microsofts big problem, "hey we got Halo 4 that looks amazing, Forza Horizon and Gears Judgement which both take the franchises in interesting new ways - lets put them at the start of the show so everyone has forgotten them by the time we have spent half hour talking about internet explorer on the 360!" Morons that they clearly are.

Around the Network

I never watched the entire conference as the wonderbook part was so boring I went to sleep.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I agree. The games shown were simply amazing. Every single exclusive looks very promising and we got a lot of cool stuff coming our way. Also, I appreciate it that they only took like 5 minutes on entertainment. I think they understood that we come to E3 for the games, not ESPN deals on a console. Still, there was no surprise announcement, everything was known before hand, which is kind of a let down. The gameplay footage for the games was spectacular and I am drooling for Battle Royale, Beyond, Last of Us and GoW. Sony is keeping it's promise of keeping E3 all about games.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the Vita. It got some top tier games announced for it. Battle Royale, CoD, AC, Sly Cooper, Dragon's Crown  and a few others. Not gonna rate it but I'll say it was satisfying.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Roma said:
I never watched the entire conference as the wonderbook part was so boring I went to sleep.

wow how dramatic.

DirtyP2002 said:
Scoobes said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Scoobes said:
DirtyP2002 said:

So, what did they announce?

I did not watch it and I am searching the web for it. Was there anything PS3 related announced except Beyond?

MS announced stuff in their press conference that might or might not be for you.

• Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Tomb Raider exclusive DLC
  • CoD exclusive deal renewed
  • Resident Evil 6 exclusive DLC
  • Nike+ coming to Xbox 360
  • Dance Central 3
  • South Park game with exclusive DLC
  • Ascend: New Gods announced
  • LocoCycle announced

These are just gaming related announcements. Stuff we did not know about before. So no Smartglass, ESPN expansion, Nickelodeon, dashboard updates, gameplay from game we already knew about.

What did Sony offer for the PS3 in this category?

Off the top of my head they did announce a few minor things too:

• Exclusive DLC for ACIII
  • Exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3
  • Wonderbook
  • New DLC for Little Big Planet 2 allowing cross connectivity and play with Vita

So that is the gaming news then? And the last point is a stretch. Falls more in the category of smartglass than actual gaming announcement.

So how exactly did Sony win?!

They didn't, Ubisoft did.

Is Nike+ really game related and 200+ new games on PSN not?

Also, as you mentioned, they did announce a pretty big new exclusive game and the footage from The Last of Us is worth watching. Basically, the start and the end of Sony's conference was good (Beyond and Last of Us gameplay respectively). And they're making Playstation All stars Battle Royale for Vita with full cross-platform play and ACIII Vita, but you specifically asked for PS3 news so I left them out.

Nike+ is a retail game, so it totally fits in that category.

And again, this is not about footage of games we already know about.

You asked how exactly did Sony win (or at least beat MS) so I told you the reasons why people might judge this to be so. Just because we already knew about them doesn't make new footage any less deserving of praise. If Sony are deserving of praise though, it's for pushing new IPs this late in the gen.

Either way, they were both piss poor. E3 hasn't been good or relevant for a long time. Expect some decent announcements from all three console manufacturers at Tokyo Game Show and Gamescom later this year.

Beyond, Last of Us, God of War

The Last of Us did completely steal the show

This was far more than enough to make even Hideo Kojima envy on his tweet.

Kojima: "'The Last of Us' was, of course, amazing. The first time I've wanted to play a game in a while." In a subsequent Tweet, he added "As a creator, The Last of Us demo crossed Beyond envy and brought me delight. It brought out the desire to create again. Thank you."

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5