By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 pressconference was the BEST and here is why

DirtyP2002 said:

So, what did they announce?

I did not watch it and I am searching the web for it. Was there anything PS3 related announced except Beyond?

MS announced stuff in their press conference that might or might not be for you.

• Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Tomb Raider exclusive DLC
  • CoD exclusive deal renewed
  • Resident Evil 6 exclusive DLC
  • Nike+ coming to Xbox 360
  • Dance Central 3
  • South Park game with exclusive DLC
  • Ascend: New Gods announced
  • LocoCycle announced

These are just gaming related announcements. Stuff we did not know about before. So no Smartglass, ESPN expansion, Nickelodeon, dashboard updates, gameplay from game we already knew about.

What did Sony offer for the PS3 in this category?

Off the top of my head they did announce a few minor things too:

• Cross connection between PS3 ACIII and Vita ACIII
  • Exclusive DLC for ACIII
  • Exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3
  • Some random PSN stuff (apps and the like)
  • 200 digital downloads for PS3 over the next year
  • Wonderbook
  • New DLC for Little Big Planet 2 allowing cross connectivity and play with Vita

Around the Network

I was honestly hoping this thread to have solid reasons how Sony won. If anything, Sony's press conference was practically a forfeit with the introduction of PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale and Wonderbook.
God of War is in all intents and purposes obligatory as is the Liberation.
They showed little to no info on their overall plan with the Vita & its functionality.
They also wasted so much time what ironically sounds like pleading more than a demonstration why PS3 gaming is relevant with so much PSN Plus talk.
Most importantly, the montage at the beginning gave us a sense of false hope.

Beyond and Last Of Us are the only two titles that are actually promising.

Both were alright or expected. Neither is better or worse than the other.

They spoke far to little about the vita.
Since they didn't announce any new console, the vita should have been their main focus.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Turkish shilling again.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I did not watch it and I am searching the web for it. Was there anything PS3 related announced except Beyond?

MS announced stuff in their press conference that might or might not be for you.

• Dance Central 3
  • LocoCycle announced

These are just gaming related announcements. Stuff we did not know about before. So no Smartglass, ESPN expansion, Nickelodeon, dashboard updates, gameplay from game we already knew about.

• Wonderbook
  • New DLC for Little Big Planet 2 allowing cross connectivity and play with Vita

So that is the gaming news then? And the last point is a stretch. Falls more in the category of smartglass than actual gaming announcement.

So how exactly did Sony win?!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Scoobes said:
DirtyP2002 said:

• Dance Central 3
  • LocoCycle announced

• Wonderbook

So that is the gaming news then? And the last point is a stretch. Falls more in the category of smartglass than actual gaming announcement.

They didn't, Ubisoft did.

Is Nike+ really game related and 200+ new games on PSN not?

Also, as you mentioned, they did announce a pretty big new exclusive game and the footage from The Last of Us is worth watching. Basically, the start and the end of Sony's conference was good (Beyond and Last of Us gameplay respectively). And they're making Playstation All stars Battle Royale for Vita with full cross-platform play and ACIII Vita, but you specifically asked for PS3 news so I left them out.

DirtyP2002 said:

• Dance Central 3
  • LocoCycle announced

I already put it in the OP what they announced. Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider, South Park, CoD... these are all multiplatform games and from Ubisoft, Activision etc. People don't like seeing multiplatform games on the Big 3s conferences. Tomb Raider, RE6 and Splinter Cell look like Uncharted and nothing to their previous games (SC original trilogy for example).

Nobody cares about Usher, Bing, IE, Nike+ or fitness or how I can voice command in Fifa or madden, this can also be done with PS3 headset or Wiimotes microphone. This is the E3. MS did not show any new retail exclusives, just 2 3 XBLA games.

Everybody was expecting they would announce some new games like Alan Wake 2 or show Ryse or new Rare game, but they concluded the show with Blops 2 probably showing 20% of the entire campaign.

I actually like Sony conference as well. But I was dissapointed by skinny Kratos. But The Last of looked cool. 3Beyond I have missed, so I have a question. Will it be like Heavy Rain or will it be a game with real gameplay?

Scoobes said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Scoobes said:
DirtyP2002 said:

• Dance Central 3
  • LocoCycle announced

• Wonderbook

They didn't, Ubisoft did.

Is Nike+ really game related and 200+ new games on PSN not?

Also, as you mentioned, they did announce a pretty big new exclusive game and the footage from The Last of Us is worth watching. Basically, the start and the end of Sony's conference was good (Beyond and Last of Us gameplay respectively). And they're making Playstation All stars Battle Royale for Vita with full cross-platform play and ACIII Vita, but you specifically asked for PS3 news so I left them out.

Nike+ is a retail game, so it totally fits in that category.

And again, this is not about footage of games we already know about.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...