By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else was underwhelmed by Resident Evil 6?

Tagged games:

I am so disappointed. I'm like the 5th person to say that in this thread. I honestly don't know what has happened to the franchise.

Around the Network

I only watched the demo from the 360 MS conference (don't know if there was another) but I think my problem with that demo was the guy didn't know how to demo a game.

Watch that demo again. Notice that he runs through the game like someone that has played that demo a million times and notice how it just kind of destroys the feeling the game is going for.

I liked the video in the OP. Sure it wasn't edited to make it look like the most badass thing in existence. But it showed me what the game is going to be like and I like that.

Video @ 1:50

Can someone tell me what.. is...chasing them..er...happening..exploding..engulfing the world...?

It looked terrible. Absolutely terrible. It was like watching a snail gain the ability to maneuver incredibly fast, only not exciting and not scary.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network

Definitely trying too hard; it comes off as cookie cutter Hollywood-blockbuster type stuff, the kind of thing other games have done before and better, plus very little atmosphere or fear apparent.

Disappointing is an understatement. It seems like the game industry is going to become the next Holly Wood or Capcom trying its hardest to emulate Michael Bay.

No doubt there will be audience for these things though.

Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is.

wfz said:
Video @ 1:50

Can someone tell me what.. is...chasing them..er...happening..exploding..engulfing the world...?

Giant lava monster zombie. If you look closely, you can make out the eyes and the mouth. :O

it seemed like a typical third person shooter,I thought after revelations capcom would keep it scary but nooo,they had to make it mass market appeal.

Guess I'm crazy since I was completely blown away, can't wait for October. Screw God of War, Last of Us and the others. I cannot wait for this. GOTY for me already.