By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did Microsoft just make Nintendo's Wii U tablet irrevelant?

kitler53 said:
i'd rather buy and ipad than a wii U. besides, i already have two iphones so i'm set!

between this, vita integration, ipad in general ... the wii U is far from U-nique and it hasn't even released yet. so irrelevant probably isn't the right word but innovative isn't the right word either.

Just remember, the iPad is going to set you back about $150 more than a WiiU and will be replaced by a better model in a year.

Seriously though, it should be about the games and all this Microsoft presser wanted to make me do was get a new laptop for home before I got stuck with W8.

Mike from Moragntown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Busted said:
LOL no what if i don't have a smartphone, or a tablet... you get the point.

in today's market?    ...probably means you're too broke ass poor to own a console.  who's phone isn't on IOs, android, or window mobile now-a-days?!?

No. SmartGlass looked very slow and cumbersome. I don't believe in SmartGlass one bit.

One thing I wouldn't do is count against Microsoft. Last year from March to March, they were the only game company to make money, and they only been in the field 11 years. They have the money, the advertising expertise and with this year most likely being the best for tablet sales, should be able to utilize that to their advantage. Making the Wii U irrelevant? No, but people really cant be dismissive of microsoft, that's the wrong thing to do.

editing to mention working accross all mobile platforms (Sans Blackberry), not only specific to tablets.

can you even play xbox games using your tablet with that glass shit?? if no, I don't think so

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

not irrelevant, but redundant.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

mike_intellivision said:
kitler53 said:
i'd rather buy and ipad than a wii U. besides, i already have two iphones so i'm set!

between this, vita integration, ipad in general ... the wii U is far from U-nique and it hasn't even released yet. so irrelevant probably isn't the right word but innovative isn't the right word either.

Just remember, the iPad is going to set you back about $150 more than a WiiU and will be replaced by a better model in a year.

Seriously though, it should be about the games and all this Microsoft presser wanted to make me do was get a new laptop for home before I got stuck with W8.

Mike from Moragntown

like i just said to busted -- i really really large part of the world already has a compatiable device and those that don't won't be buying a console either...

MS did done do it right by supporting all platforms.  i've got two iphones already (3 if you count that of my wife's).   so you just remember -- already bought and purchased is probably a good $300 cheaper than a wii U.  as far as being better in a year -- that's fucking right it will!  and the wii U won't...that's a huge part of what i like about the mobile market ... things are actually getting better instead of stagnated for 6-7 years at a time.

chapset said:
can you even play xbox games using your tablet with that glass shit?? if no, I don't think so

you obviously missed the part where they were playing madden (is was madden right?) via their tablet exactly in the same way a wii U game would be played... 

kitler53 said:
Busted said:
LOL no what if i don't have a smartphone, or a tablet... you get the point.

in today's market?    ...probably means you're too broke ass poor to own a console.  who's phone isn't on IOs, android, or window mobile now-a-days?!?

Can you please link a photo to your new smartphone or tablet. I am shocked! guess you are the first person whom has actual buttons on such device.

A big no. Microsoft made themself irrelevant.