By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Licence To Kill Review

i like the bond song personally,it seems you were getting bored of the song type theme from your previous reviews but i prefer them to trying to rock it up myself,

i agree that people just go along with what others say and probably don't see the dalton bonds,not sure why brosnan exploded and dalton died but maybe you will tell us next time,like i said in the last review i have a softy for dalton just bad timing i guess,i want to rewatch this one the PSN movies don't appear to have any of the bond films to rent which is annoying i was going to watch from here,guess i'll have to pop down the shops

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

This has to be the most violent Bond movie. It was so strange seeing Bond going after a ruthless drug dealer. Good stuff though. Good stuff.

The end when Bond jumps into the pool with that chick felt like the ending to a cheesy 80s high school romantic comedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Actually this one and On Her Majesty Secret Service are the only Bond movies that I had the feeling that it was the Ian Fleming's James Bond (from the books). For me this is easily the best Bond in the 80's and hasnt been superated since then.  I also think that the theme song is great but the ending credits song is so beautiful... One of the best in the Bonds...

http://youtu.be/Da-RjeCObyA

DixieKong said:

Licence To Kill is an alright Bond movie. Although the title song is not my most favourite, I certainly don't think it's horrible like some of the recent ones. The tanker chase scene is pretty awesome, and I like the fact that Q comes along for the mission, similarly to how he did in the movie Octopussy. He provides some comedy, which is always welcome.

I was never really too crazy about Timothy Dalton at first. I was always a fan of the more light-hearted Bonds with the tongue-in-cheek humour. But after some time, I eventually warmed up to Dalton a little more, and I think he does a pretty good job in his two Bond outings. Out of the more serious Bonds, I would take Timothy Dalton over Daniel Craig anytime. Dalton just looks more suitable for Bond than Craig, and although Dalton is serious, he is nowhere near as miserable as Craig. The Timothy Dalton films also still had some Bond atmosphere, which I feel has been completely obliterated in the Craig films.

I can see that you and I feel a lot differently about Craig.  I look at a lot of what he's doing as similar to what Dalton did but oddly he's praised for it while Dalton is not.  Yes, Craig is definitely a sour puss but I can't see him doing it any other way just like I couldn't see Roger Moore doing well with a movie like Licence To Kill.  Bascially what I'm say is that all of the Bond actors have had films tailored to their strengths and the series has been better because of it.  Kind of like Dr. Who (the best comparison I can come with off of the top of my head).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

crpj18 said:

Actually this one and On Her Majesty Secret Service are the only Bond movies that I had the feeling that it was the Ian Fleming's James Bond (from the books). For me this is easily the best Bond in the 80's and hasnt been superated since then.  I also think that the theme song is great but the ending credits song is so beautiful... One of the best in the Bonds...

http://youtu.be/Da-RjeCObyA

I also like "If You Asked Me to", but I cling to my opinon about the theme song.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
@ signal star

I actually thought From Russia with Love and the Craig bond movies were really violent.

Not like Licence To Kill.  It is by far the most violent Bond movie.

Having seen most pre-Brosnan Bonds during a weekly marathon on TV, I was shocked by how brutal this movie was compared to the others but I must say I appreciated it a good deal and that's despite the horrible title song. The vilains are extra mean and the action scenes are very good (and violent).

Signature goes here!

amp316 said:
DixieKong said:

Licence To Kill is an alright Bond movie. Although the title song is not my most favourite, I certainly don't think it's horrible like some of the recent ones. The tanker chase scene is pretty awesome, and I like the fact that Q comes along for the mission, similarly to how he did in the movie Octopussy. He provides some comedy, which is always welcome.

I was never really too crazy about Timothy Dalton at first. I was always a fan of the more light-hearted Bonds with the tongue-in-cheek humour. But after some time, I eventually warmed up to Dalton a little more, and I think he does a pretty good job in his two Bond outings. Out of the more serious Bonds, I would take Timothy Dalton over Daniel Craig anytime. Dalton just looks more suitable for Bond than Craig, and although Dalton is serious, he is nowhere near as miserable as Craig. The Timothy Dalton films also still had some Bond atmosphere, which I feel has been completely obliterated in the Craig films.

I can see that you and I feel a lot differently about Craig.  I look at a lot of what he's doing as similar to what Dalton did but oddly he's praised for it while Dalton is not.  Yes, Craig is definitely a sour puss but I can't see him doing it any other way just like I couldn't see Roger Moore doing well with a movie like Licence To Kill.  Bascially what I'm say is that all of the Bond actors have had films tailored to their strengths and the series has been better because of it.  Kind of like Dr. Who (the best comparison I can come with off of the top of my head).

I don't wish to cause any offence to you or others here that like Craig as Bond. If you like him, then that's fine. But personally, Craig is the first Bond actor that just has no appeal to me. I understand what you're saying in regards to tailoring to the strengths of the actors, but the Craig Bond movies just don't have that James Bond feeling anymore. Many people are complaining about this, just look at the negative feeback Quantum Of Solace received. Skyfall's teaser trailer has also been met with skeptical thoughts. People say that the Craig Bonds feel more like Bourne or Batman movies. This is due the the so-called "reboot" or "reinvention" of the series after the Die Another Day debacle, and I think it's just unnecessary.

After the harsh criticisms of Die Another Day, it was thought that the classic Bond formula was outdated and no longer suitable for modern times. Come on, that's just as ridiculous as when people were saying that no one was interested in Nintendo games anymore during the GameCube era. And we all know what happened after that. It wasn't the classic Bond formula that people were complaining about with Die Another Day, it was the overall quality of the film. There is no need to reinvent the series to the point where you can no longer recognize it.

I personally feel that GoldenEye was the last really good and balanced Bond movie. After that, things just slowly began to go downhill.

DixieKong said:
amp316 said:
DixieKong said:

I don't wish to cause any offence to you or others here that like Craig as Bond. If you like him, then that's fine. But personally, Craig is the first Bond actor that just has no appeal to me. I understand what you're saying in regards to tailoring to the strengths of the actors, but the Craig Bond movies just don't have that James Bond feeling anymore. Many people are complaining about this, just look at the negative feeback Quantum Of Solace received. Skyfall's teaser trailer has also been met with skeptical thoughts. People say that the Craig Bonds feel more like Bourne or Batman movies. This is due the the so-called "reboot" or "reinvention" of the series after the Die Another Day debacle, and I think it's just unnecessary.

After the harsh criticisms of Die Another Day, it was thought that the classic Bond formula was outdated and no longer suitable for modern times. Come on, that's just as ridiculous as when people were saying that no one was interested in Nintendo games anymore during the GameCube era. And we all know what happened after that. It wasn't the classic Bond formula that people were complaining about with Die Another Day, it was the overall quality of the film. There is no need to reinvent the series to the point where you can no longer recognize it.

I personally feel that GoldenEye was the last really good and balanced Bond movie. After that, things just slowly began to go downhill.

Don't worry about whether you offend anybody or not by having the opinions that you have.  If you don't like Craig then you don't like him.  I, myself, have one Bond actor that doesn't appeal to me at all but I won't say who he is since I haven't reviewed his films yet.  :p

I understand the argument that you are making and actually agree with some of it, but I think that it's best if I leave that discussion for a later thread.

I want a license to kill reviews.