By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dragon's Dogma Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

Is Dragon's Dogma the Best Game, Ever?

Hell yeah! 17 62.96%

Fuck yeah! 10 37.04%

Total:27

Please God don´t let em fuck up DMC like this. Greedy sons of bitches!

Around the Network

i still think it's stupid that you you can't play together with friends which would make sense in this game. but i'm pretty sure capcom will give us this opportunity as dlc as well anytime soon. like they said in their last fiscal report, they plan to increase dlc's even more in the future, that's one of their most important strategies in the future, making games only around dlc's^^  in the future, they don't think "hmm which dlc's could we make for this game". they will think "hmm let's make plenty of dlc's and then we make a game for that" lol

Slimebeast said:
badgenome said:

Game. Of. The. Fucking. Year. Everyone else can hang it up and go home. (Except for XCOM.)

I'd elaborate on why that's so, but I have to go teach my pawn how to more effectively rip off a cyclops' helmet just at the moment.

So glad to hear that!! Getting my copy next week. Can't wait.

Like d21 I was just starting to work up a serious hatred for Capcom, but Dragon's Dogma had been on my radar since it was announced and looked too good to pass up. I'm glad I didn't, and I think you'll like it. It seems very much like a WRPG, but with some quirky features that I expect from Japanese games. Stuff like the pawn system, for instance, or big boss type monsters that you kill in stages with procedural damage effects (i.e., killing the chimera heads one by one). You can even grab on and climb around on them, leading to some truly epic Shadow of the Colossus-like moments like this:

And the nighttime... oh god. It's so genuinely terrifying when the sun goes down. It's so inky black, and after some rough encounters where I had to blindly fight a chimera and a wight, I sometimes just park myself on a big rock and wait for the sun to come up and save me. (I actually fought the wight through the next day almost until the night again because I couldn't figure out how to kill it effectively!) Really an amazing game. This and Demon's Souls show that Japanese developers can make relevant RPGs, not just the same old regurgitated anime kiddy crap.

Saw that pic badgenome posted and choked on my V8! Priceless!! 

Oh well.  Enough talking.  Time to play the game.

I played the demo & thought it was decent, but not great. The pawns seemed too overpowered imo. And it seemed to easy in general. Maybe it's a weak demo, I don't know. I might pick it up when it's cheap.

Certainly ain't no GoTY though. Fuck NO! I think we all know what game will win that.

Also, starting with 'quite' being spelled as 'quit', you gotta lot of typos in the OP.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Certainly ain't no GoTY though. Fuck NO! I think we all know what game will win that.

Well, I thought so, too, but I'm a little concerned about XCOM having no base invasions and limiting you to only six troops.

*looks at your sig*

Oh, pffffft!

i played the demo too and liked it so would buy it,seen above that you can't play with others,when i played it i thought it was sure to be online co-op,maybe it is i haven't bought it yet

Above & Beyond

Jay520 said:
I played the demo & thought it was decent, but not great. The pawns seemed too overpowered imo. And it seemed to easy in general. Maybe it's a weak demo, I don't know. I might pick it up when it's cheap.

Also, starting with 'quite' being spelled as 'quit', you gotta lot of typos in the OP.

Mass Effect 3

badgenome said:
Jay520 said:

Well, I thought so, too, but I'm a little concerned about XCOM having no base invasions and limiting you to only six troops.

*looks at your sig*

Oh, pffffft!

If you support Hitman, I'll support XCOM.

Jay520 said:
badgenome said:
Jay520 said:

*looks at your sig*

Oh, pffffft!

If you support Hitman, I'll support XCOM.

If you support Dragon's Dogma AND XCOM, then I'll maybe consider not trolling Hitman in every post from here on out. Maybe.