By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U Darksiders 2 graphics "at least as good" as PS3, Xbox 360 versions'

milkyjoe said:
oniyide said:
superchunk said:
oniyide said:

the 360 didnt have that much ports of xbox games, not like the Wii U will have

I think what logic is trying to say, that there isnt going to be that much people interested in spending 300+ plus to play games that they can already get for their current system. In the real world i would imagine that would be the case, I dont think the tablet is going to be that much better that the games will be drastically different than the PS360 version, at least not in the first year. ANd not everyone cares about Ninty games

and you both know this because you're from the future?

That arguement is way too premature. After E3 we can revisit this discussion... after full details and games have been revealed.

judging by history, consoles tech and features are not fully taken advantage of in its first year. E3?? Dont mean much. Lets wait till the actual console releases and if we see 3rd party ports flying off shelves and beating out the PS360 versions ill eat crow and I dont need to be from the future to know that some people simply dont care for Ninty games

Ha. Even if the Wii U sells as well as the Wii did at first, it's only going to sell 3million this year.

That'll totally be a userbase to allow things like that to happen. Each Wii U owner will only have to buy two copies each. Simples.

Thats my point. THe guy seem to act like people were going to abandon their PS360s wholesale and start buying up Wii Us and all their games. Not gonna happen, at least not intially. THere wont be a change for at least 2 years, when PS360 will be irrelevant.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

Thats my point. THe guy seem to act like people were going to abandon their PS360s wholesale and start buying up Wii Us and all their games. Not gonna happen, at least not intially. THere wont be a change for at least 2 years, when PS360 will be irrelevant.

I never said there would be some mass exodus. But there will be interest and there will be PS360 owners buying Wii U's. Logic was trolling Wii U and I only related it to 360's launch.

superchunk said:
oniyide said:
superchunk said:
oniyide said:

the 360 didnt have that much ports of xbox games, not like the Wii U will have

I think what logic is trying to say, that there isnt going to be that much people interested in spending 300+ plus to play games that they can already get for their current system. In the real world i would imagine that would be the case, I dont think the tablet is going to be that much better that the games will be drastically different than the PS360 version, at least not in the first year. ANd not everyone cares about Ninty games

and you both know this because you're from the future?

That arguement is way too premature. After E3 we can revisit this discussion... after full details and games have been revealed.

judging by history, consoles tech and features are not fully taken advantage of in its first year. E3?? Dont mean much. Lets wait till the actual console releases and if we see 3rd party ports flying off shelves and beating out the PS360 versions ill eat crow and I dont need to be from the future to know that some people simply dont care for Ninty games

E3 means a lot. It will define if there are only dirty 3rd party ports and no actual benefits or if Wii U has the definitive versions of various 3rd party games. After all, that's your point isn't it?

Sure there will be some that are mere ports with some rudamentary tablet menu or map. But, if there are a higher % that are clearly better games with more features and better controls due to tablet enhancements, then surely that will make people jump ship.

More importantly will be the 1st party games of course.

Nope my point is, will people actually care?? Unless the Wii U versions blow out the PS360 ones, I doubt that much people will jump ship. IMHO, most people in the world will in fact settle for good enough. THey did that in the PS2 era. and the only reason it didnt work for WIi is because its games were SO much worse or didnt even come out. I dont see people jumping ship en masse and besides its not like that much people follow E3 outside of the actual gamers.

And 1st party has nothing to do with 3rd party games

superchunk said:
oniyide said:

I never said there would be some mass exodus. But there will be interest and there will be PS360 owners buying Wii U's. Logic was trolling Wii U and I only related it to 360's launch.

Trolling might be a strong word, but i see your point. And i think he has a valid one too.

This is Gun on the 360 at launch by the way...

Next gen goodness.

VGChartz

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
lilbroex said:
Bristow9091 said:
lilbroex said:
Bristow9091 said:

I'd actually argue that it's the art style of the SMG games that give it the nice visuals, just like Skyward Sword, but you've got to admit that there are games on the PS2 that look just as good as Wii games, maybe even better than most third party Wii games, God of War II for example. Each consoles best looking game tends to come from first party.

And what you said about PS1 games looking better than PS2 games, you can't give any examples, and the hardware of the PS2 was MUCH better than the PS1 at the time, whereas the Wii is only slightly better than the PS2 (Yet the graphical increase is only shown on Nintendo games, and it's not that much different), not an entire generational leap, that's just dumb thinking on your behalf.

Whatever anyway, I didn't want to start an argument, I was just giving my opinion, and so far I've had two people tell me what I think is wrong, since I clearly stated that a lot of people base the power of a console on graphics alone.

What you are saying is saying absolutely nothing. He just countered that argument. Simply sayin that there are games on each system that looks like games on the others isn't saying nothign more than just that. It presuposess nothing of power.

Mario Galaxy looks the way it does becaus has a high polygon count and it uses a mulitute of texture effectsl. That simplyh isn't possible on the PS2 hardware. Even Mario Sunshin would be impoosible do to the use of EBEM and it own high polygon cont and lighting system. This should be beyond debateble.

Which games you prefer the look or design of means nothing in terms of the systems power. The Gamcube was far better than the PS2.

Capcom themselves said straight up that they had to cut the polygon count "in half" and remove a large amount of effects just to get RE4 to run on the PS2 as well as having increased load times. That wasn't a case of lazy developement because the PS2 version had far more content. It simply could'nt match the Gamecube graphicical capabilities or processing capabilities of the GC.

Now you are trying to prove that a system that has the twice the capability of the GC is on par with a system that had less than half of its performance?

Graphically, yes, when I look at two games side by side, they're near identical, sure there's changes, but I don't care about the polygon count and whatever, they still look relatively similar to a point that I honestly wouldn't care which game I'm playing based on visuals alone... now if we were to go into all the tehnical stuff like how much ram or processor or whatever else, then it's obvious which is the more powerful console, but as I said before, the majority of people would base their decisions on which is the more powerful console by graphics alone. Anyway I'll continue this tomorrow since I'm working a 12 hour shift in an hour, lol.

Please show me some examples of this. I would love to see a PS2 game that looks as good as one of the better developed Wii games.

This is my last message of the night since I'm setting off to work in literally 5 minutes, but can you atleast define "better developed Wii games"? for me? I'll agree that games by Nintendo look better than PS2 games, and even Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story (And maybe Pandora's Tower, not seen much of it to be honest...), but surely you've got to agree that a lot of Wii games (Not made by big names and whatnot) aren't really pushing the console graphically, making some PS2 games look better in comparison... anyway like I said this was my last message, I'll reply to you tomorrow, g'night!

This is the common issue of being the most popular console of a generation. The PS2 was also plagued with a lot of shovelware that looked worse than PS1 games. These games are developed cheap and sent to market to make a quick buck from unsuspecting gift givers. I'm sure we will see this continue with the most popular console next gen as well.

milkyjoe said:

Next gen goodness.

I loved that game. I got it in a bargin bin a couple years ago. I was always wishing for a sequal to it.

pezus said:
milkyjoe said:

Next gen goodness.

It's a PS2/Xbox port though. 

That's his point. You guys are expecting too much out of the first 3rd party games on Wii U. Of course many of them will only be on par with Ps360... however not all of them. Then add to that first party and some 3rd party that realy show Wii U as next gen as well as these identical ports having tablet enhancements... there could be a lot shown off to make current gen PS360 owners upgrade.

pezus said:
milkyjoe said:

Next gen goodness.

It's a PS2/Xbox port though. 

I think he was trying to be sarcastic. As in that the initial run of Wii U games that are ported will not look much better than the PS3/360 versions.

EDIT: @superchunk - Jinx!

That gun screenshot looks better than any PS2 game though, clearly. Also I like how people are comparing a console port that released 4 years down the gen to a console port that will release 7 years in the gen. A big difference.