By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U Darksiders 2 graphics "at least as good" as PS3, Xbox 360 versions'

oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:
I read it as saying he could not say much about it other than it was at least as good. Nintendo would be committing PR suicide if they had its power on par with the 360 and PS3. Now Microsoft and Sony will have to catch up, but I doubt they will have anything that is much more powerful than the Wii U.

MS and SONY need to catch up?? LOL, please. NINTY is NOW putting out a system that doesnt look like crap on an HDTV. Ninty is NOW putting out a system that can actually run decent 3rd party games, NINTY is NOW putting out online systems that arent total crap. ANd just like you believe MS and SONY wont have anything that much more powerful, the same probably goes double for WII U and PS360

The wii can run decent 3rd party games. The ones that have put effort in anyway have been fantastic. Just cause the graphics are not HD does not mean the game is not decent.

There are games that cannot even run on Wii and thats a fact. GTA4, Fallout, Skyrim, Just Cause 2, Batman and those are just off the top of my head

Everyone knows that. but you specifically said "Ninty is NOW putting out a system that can actually run decent 3rd party games"

You really need to go back to school and learn what the word decent means. It does not mean stunning gfx only. There are several decent 3rd party games on Wii.

On another note, all those games could have been on the Wii if the developers were not lazy and built it from the ground up on the system. Sure visually they wouldn't be in the same league, but story wise they would.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:
I read it as saying he could not say much about it other than it was at least as good. Nintendo would be committing PR suicide if they had its power on par with the 360 and PS3. Now Microsoft and Sony will have to catch up, but I doubt they will have anything that is much more powerful than the Wii U.

MS and SONY need to catch up?? LOL, please. NINTY is NOW putting out a system that doesnt look like crap on an HDTV. Ninty is NOW putting out a system that can actually run decent 3rd party games, NINTY is NOW putting out online systems that arent total crap. ANd just like you believe MS and SONY wont have anything that much more powerful, the same probably goes double for WII U and PS360

The wii can run decent 3rd party games. The ones that have put effort in anyway have been fantastic. Just cause the graphics are not HD does not mean the game is not decent.

There are games that cannot even run on Wii and thats a fact. GTA4, Fallout, Skyrim, Just Cause 2, Batman and those are just off the top of my head

Everyone knows that. but you specifically said "Ninty is NOW putting out a system that can actually run decent 3rd party games"

You really need to go back to school and learn what the word decent means. It does not mean stunning gfx only. There are several decent 3rd party games on Wii.

On another note, all those games could have been on the Wii if the developers were not lazy and built it from the ground up on the system. Sure visually they wouldn't be in the same league, but story wise they would.

I should have been more clear, when i said decent I meant games or par with the PS360 ones. IMHO there are very few that are. Outside of the dance and fitness game

THose games could not run on Wii at least not drastically changing the gameplay and engines. IF you believe that then you havent tplayed any of those games i mentioned. Story?? WHos talking about story?? Now i know you havent played some of those games. JC2 for instance barely has a good story. SO what you are suggesting is that devs should have watered down there games, just so some people dont feel left out?? If they made those games with WIi as lead platform, they would not be the games we know today. Im sorry I dont think that would benefit anyone.

Company makes quick port and does not tweak graphics.
People use comments to deride Nintendo.
Spurious arguments on generational capacity ensue.
All done without basis of fact.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
Company makes quick port and does not tweak graphics.
People use comments to deride Nintendo.
Spurious arguments on generational capacity ensue.
All done without basis of fact.

Mike from Morgantown

That's how this works.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile