By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U Darksiders 2 graphics "at least as good" as PS3, Xbox 360 versions'

spurgeonryan said:
I read it as saying he could not say much about it other than it was at least as good. Nintendo would be committing PR suicide if they had its power on par with the 360 and PS3. Now Microsoft and Sony will have to catch up, but I doubt they will have anything that is much more powerful than the Wii U.

MS and SONY need to catch up?? LOL, please. NINTY is NOW putting out a system that doesnt look like crap on an HDTV. Ninty is NOW putting out a system that can actually run decent 3rd party games, NINTY is NOW putting out online systems that arent total crap. ANd just like you believe MS and SONY wont have anything that much more powerful, the same probably goes double for WII U and PS360

Around the Network
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:
I read it as saying he could not say much about it other than it was at least as good. Nintendo would be committing PR suicide if they had its power on par with the 360 and PS3. Now Microsoft and Sony will have to catch up, but I doubt they will have anything that is much more powerful than the Wii U.

MS and SONY need to catch up?? LOL, please. NINTY is NOW putting out a system that doesnt look like crap on an HDTV. Ninty is NOW putting out a system that can actually run decent 3rd party games, NINTY is NOW putting out online systems that arent total crap. ANd just like you believe MS and SONY wont have anything that much more powerful, the same probably goes double for WII U and PS360

The wii can run decent 3rd party games. The ones that have put effort in anyway have been fantastic. Just cause the graphics are not HD does not mean the game is not decent.

Fusioncode said:
A game for a next gen console shouldn't look as good as a game on a previous gen console. It should be far better.

Why? Especially for a game that's primarily gonna sell on the old gen consoles. They only need to make the game look as good as PS360 so why put in more effort that won't really pay off?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:

What exactly is the point you're making here?  Nobody is disputing that Nintendo had a lot of catching up to do on the tech front, but they have with WiiU (although granted, we don't know yet regarding WiiU's online).

So even if the NeXtBox and PS4 are more powerful than WiiU, it's completely correct and only logical to say that Microsoft/Sony will have to catch up to Nintendo in both tech and install base for the 8th gen, since WiiU launches first and will be the most powerful console on the market when it does.  Then there's the whole factor of the controller as well, if Nintendo does indeed prove that the market will gravitate towards its new play style. 

WiiBox3 said:
At this point, it's not really the graphics that I would like to see improve, it's the other systems in games that need to improve. Like AI, pop in, load times, consistent frame rates, etc. That is where the next gen really needs to improve in the AAA category.

Both those fall under the umbrella of "graphics"

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
WiiBox3 said:
At this point, it's not really the graphics that I would like to see improve, it's the other systems in games that need to improve. Like AI, pop in, load times, consistent frame rates, etc. That is where the next gen really needs to improve in the AAA category.

Both those fall under the umbrella of "graphics"

Maybe so, but that's not what most people think of when it comes to graphics. Or else why would people say BF3 has better graphics than MW3 on console. One has more detail and is more pleasing on the eye, the other runs smother at 60fps.

archbrix said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:

What exactly is the point you're making here?  Nobody is disputing that Nintendo had a lot of catching up to do on the tech front, but they have with WiiU (although granted, we don't know yet regarding WiiU's online).

So even if the NeXtBox and PS4 are more powerful than WiiU, it's completely correct and only logical to say that Microsoft/Sony will have to catch up to Nintendo in both tech and install base for the 8th gen, since WiiU launches first and will be the most powerful console on the market when it does.  Then there's the whole factor of the controller as well, if Nintendo does indeed prove that the market will gravitate towards its new play style. 

My point is that PS360 has been on the market for YEARS and Ninty is only now putting out a system that is even HD capable. ANd so far it looks like NewBox will be out next year. I just find it funny how some Ninty fans didnt say Ninty had to catch up when its tech was way behind PS360 for years.

oniyide said:
archbrix said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:

My point is that PS360 has been on the market for YEARS and Ninty is only now putting out a system that is even HD capable. ANd so far it looks like NewBox will be out next year. I just find it funny how some Ninty fans didnt say Ninty had to catch up when its tech was way behind PS360 for years.

There was no mention of that, though.  I certainly acknowledge that fact, and Spurge said nothing to the contrary, either.  All he's saying is that when WiiU is released, it will then be Nintendo who has the strongest machine... even if it is for only a year. 

And we don't yet know how much stronger NeXtBox/PS4 will be over WiiU; we're still not even sure how strong WiiU will be because of all of the secrecy surrounding it.  But based on the all-but-officially-confirmed GPU (HD 4770 at least, probably higher) and the already confirmed CPU (POWER7, which handily outperforms the Xenon and Cell), I'm actually expecting a bigger leap between the PS360 and WiiU than the leap between WiiU and its 8th gen competition... unless Micro/Sony overprice, take significant losses, or release much later than expected. 

archbrix said:
oniyide said:
archbrix said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:

There was no mention of that, though.  I certainly acknowledge that fact, and Spurge said nothing to the contrary, either.  All he's saying is that when WiiU is released, it will then be Nintendo who has the strongest machine... even if it is for only a year. 

And we don't yet know how much stronger NeXtBox/PS4 will be over WiiU; we're still not even sure how strong WiiU will be because of all of the secrecy surrounding it.  But based on the all-but-officially-confirmed GPU (HD 4770 at least, probably higher) and the already confirmed CPU (POWER7, which handily outperforms the Xenon and Cell), I'm actually expecting a bigger leap between the PS360 and WiiU than the leap between WiiU and its 8th gen competition... unless Micro/Sony overprice, take significant losses, or release much later than expected. 

We're going to have to agree to diagree, im not expecting a huge leap for the WIi U, it will probably be the difference between, PS2-GC or PS2-Xbox

Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:

The wii can run decent 3rd party games. The ones that have put effort in anyway have been fantastic. Just cause the graphics are not HD does not mean the game is not decent.

There are games that cannot even run on Wii and thats a fact. GTA4, Fallout, Skyrim, Just Cause 2, Batman and those are just off the top of my head