By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U Darksiders 2 graphics "at least as good" as PS3, Xbox 360 versions'

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Imo the best looking Gamecube games look about the same as the best looking Wii games. Now if you use the dolphin emulator you could call them "next-gen"

So, you are buying Wii U, right?

No, I am just sitting here at home in front of my PC

That has nothing to do with it... So am I...

Around the Network

Nintendo design their consoles based on realtime graphics and not on how many gigaflops the cpu and gpu can run in theory. That was and is always their policy. With the same hardware they can squeeze more out of it than the competition can.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/24/darksiders-2-wii-u-features-are-under-a-strict-gag-order/

kinda confirms all comments from this dev about Wii U hardware are false

NintendoPie said:
ethomaz said:
NintendoPie said:
ethomaz said:
NintendoPie said:
Ethomaz, I have lost respect for you.

Why? That's not about success... the Wii U can be a commercial success as the Wii even though a old gen graphics.

People who think they have inferior graphics is a downside that will influence the success of a console are wrong... I think even with lower graphics (old gen) the Wii U can be a success as well as the Wii.

That's my point... I like graphics  but that's not a decisive factor.

IMO.

It's not old gen. I wish you would stop pointing that wrongness out.

The Wii has old gen graphics... sorry.

The Wii's graphics are better than the GC which is better than the PS2's. It was next gen. Sorry.

Well, to be fair, the Wii was definitely closer in tech to the 6th gen than it is to the 360 or PS3.  Don't get me wrong; the Wii is absolutely a 7th gen console, but the hardware itself was more in line with the 6th gen consoles.

Calling the WiiU "old gen", however, is erroneous, simply because its specs are plenty capable of out-performing the consoles now on the market.

superchunk said:
logic56 said:
why would anybody buy this thing to have slightly rezzed up versions of games that will either already be on the PS3 and 360, or also coming to the ps3 and 360

Why did anyone buy the 360 when many of its first games were ports had sligthly rezzed up versions that were already on Xbox?

Wii U is capable of a lot more and other launch games will prove that.

Wii U has a unique tablet that will be amazing on many games and add tons of depth and game play.

Wii U will have Nintendo games.

the 360 didnt have that much ports of xbox games, not like the Wii U will have

I think what logic is trying to say, that there isnt going to be that much people interested in spending 300+ plus to play games that they can already get for their current system. In the real world i would imagine that would be the case, I dont think the tablet is going to be that much better that the games will be drastically different than the PS360 version, at least not in the first year. ANd not everyone cares about Ninty games

Around the Network
pezus said:
sam987 said:
Nintendo design their consoles based on realtime graphics and not on how many gigaflops the cpu and gpu can run in theory. That was and is always their policy. With the same hardware they can squeeze more out of it than the competition can.

That makes no sense at all...

You said "No." How ignorant.

oniyide said:

I think what logic is trying to say, that there isnt going to be that much people interested in spending 300+ plus to play games that they can already get for their current system. In the real world i would imagine that would be the case, I dont think the tablet is going to be that much better that the games will be drastically different than the PS360 version, at least not in the first year. ANd not everyone cares about Ninty games

and you both know this because you're from the future?

That arguement is way too premature. After E3 we can revisit this discussion... after full details and games have been revealed.

superchunk said:
oniyide said:

That arguement is way too premature. After E3 we can revisit this discussion... after full details and games have been revealed.

judging by history, consoles tech and features are not fully taken advantage of in its first year. E3?? Dont mean much. Lets wait till the actual console releases and if we see 3rd party ports flying off shelves and beating out the PS360 versions ill eat crow and I dont need to be from the future to know that some people simply dont care for Ninty games

oniyide said:
superchunk said:
oniyide said:

judging by history, consoles tech and features are not fully taken advantage of in its first year. E3?? Dont mean much. Lets wait till the actual console releases and if we see 3rd party ports flying off shelves and beating out the PS360 versions ill eat crow and I dont need to be from the future to know that some people simply dont care for Ninty games

Ha. Even if the Wii U sells as well as the Wii did at first, it's only going to sell 3million this year.

That'll totally be a userbase to allow things like that to happen. Each Wii U owner will only have to buy two copies each. Simples.

VGChartz

oniyide said:
superchunk said:
oniyide said:

E3 means a lot. It will define if there are only dirty 3rd party ports and no actual benefits or if Wii U has the definitive versions of various 3rd party games. After all, that's your point isn't it?

Sure there will be some that are mere ports with some rudamentary tablet menu or map. But, if there are a higher % that are clearly better games with more features and better controls due to tablet enhancements, then surely that will make people jump ship.

More importantly will be the 1st party games of course.