By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii to maybe 99$ later this year?

What you think?

http://nintendoconnect.com/2012/05/21/nintendo-to-drop-price-of-wii-to-99-rumor/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ASFVlwvwQ&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2642230FAAAAAAAAAAA

Around the Network

I thought is was already...?

I'd give this a "very likely."

Love and tolerate.

I've always felt that Nintendo probably had intended to drop it to  around $120 or something already. Which would have boosted the lacklustre sales. However that when the 3DS wasn't selling at $250 and they had to sell it at a loss, they decided it was better to keep the Wii price up. Nothing to prove that at all but it's just my gut feeling. Had the 3DS sold better at $250 I'm sure the Wii would have gone down in price faster. Maybe not to $99 but definitely a bit. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

I think most of us expect this to be true. I know I do.

I also think PS3s lowest price point will be at $199 this year and 360s lowest will be $149.... maybe down to $99 but I doubt it will drop that much.

Around the Network

Seems likely enough.

Makes sense, given the recent DS price cut.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Makes sense. Should take place near the (rumored?) DS price cut.

Rumored? It happened yesterday.

Love and tolerate.

Funny that it hasn't hit that price yet.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

A much needed price cut. I wonder if it will still be bundled with a game or not?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089