By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii to maybe 99$ later this year?

$99 is where it should be.

Around the Network

It was $99 at select retailers on black friday last year, so I would believe that nintendo drops the price right before the launch of the Wii-u.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

turtuls said:
It was $99 at select retailers on black friday last year, so I would believe that nintendo drops the price right before the launch of the Wii-u.

nope.

Walmart had a unique blue wii with no packed in game for $99 as a special limited time sale. All other deals focused on various bundles.... at $149.

It's about that time. New system coming out. The old one shifts to $99.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Makes sence. It will keep the sales ticking over for a bit longer.

Around the Network

If they release some games too it could be enough to outsell XB360 again.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It make sense. and if a nwe limited edition colour will be available at that price I.E. pink kirby anniversary edition i will buy a new one.

This may help the sales a bit for the very late casual gamers!

Switch!!!

No chance. It won't happen until the end of next year at least. They'll just keep bundling stuff at the $149 price point.

Look at it this way... the lower the price of the Wii is, the more expensive the Wii U will seem by comparison. They won't risk taking away sales of Wii U as well by making the Wii more appealing. Just like they didn't do a price drop on the original DS before the launch of the 3DS. Why would they take sales away from their next console?