By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: OXM: Xbox 720 Launching in 2014 with Halo 2 Anniversary

Loud Mouthed Gamers

Well the Official Xbox Magazine (July 2012) has started circulating it’s rumor mill yet again. This time around it’s “hazily forcasting Halo 2 Anniversary on the Xbox 720 in 2014, followed by Halo 5 in 2015.” Just prior to that, however, it predicts the release of Thief 4 on the Xbox 360 during late 2013. Meaning the team now believes that the Xbox 720 will be releasing sometime in 2014, a year later than they had previously predicted.

http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/2012/05/19/rumor-oxm-xbox-720-launching-in-2014-with-halo-2-anniversary/

Around the Network

There's no way the next Xbox is releasing as late as 2014.

Don't see the Next-Box releasing that late, 2013 is way more likely.

2014?
Unlikely the 360 will survive that much. Neither of the twins look that they will.

This is sooooo not gonna happen.

Holidays 2013 is the latest it will launch.

Around the Network

This seems plausible to me.

Pachter also said he thinks 720 won't come out till 2014 in one of the recent bonus rounds on GameTrailers, and while normally he's way out there with his "predictions", I think this is a strong possibility as we've seen major games being pushed back to '13 like GTAV and Bioshock Infinite, and M$ has already blown its load regarding its major franchises, so I don't see what they could possibly have ready for launch of a new console by fall of 2013, unless they're going to rely solely on 3rd party support and multiplatform games that will still have PS360 versions anyway.

Right now I think both M$ and Sony are taking a "wait and see" approach with the Wii U, because while neither of them want to be last to release a next-gen console, neither wants to jump the gun prematurely either, and if Wii U doesn't hurt PS360 h/w and s/w sales, they may both decide to wait a bit longer and ride out each systems' current surge for the time being.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I was hoping Halo 2 Anniversary would be on the Xbox 360 just so we would have the original trilogy all on one console.

kain_kusanagi said:
I was hoping Halo 2 Anniversary would be on the Xbox 360 just so we would have the original trilogy all on one console.

Well, if Xbox 4 will be able to run 360 games (which it probably will) then they will be on one console.

hmmm i hope not because i lost a lot of interest the last months in console gaming because i need something new and if i would have to wait 2+ more years omg...good that i restarted pc gaming last year then.